[Sweet Sixteen] Most Deserving Student to be admitted... MEN'S BRACKET-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You may be faster than me...but if I get a hold of you, ill just sit on your head.

Pianola, you remember how you were saying stilettos were probably a bad idea? I think this is a case where it's a good one. Just strap one to your forehead or something.:laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Pianola, you remember how you were saying stilettos were probably a bad idea? I think this is a case where it's a good one. Just strap one to your forehead or something.:laugh::laugh:

OUCH! :eek:

Can we reject both? T-1000 is an assassin (those guys make for bad doctors) and comic book guy would turn out like Ed from Scrubs.
If I must pick, then I voted for Comic book guy, at least he won't intentionally kill his patients.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why would you waste Dr. Manhattan's abilities no being a doctor? Shouldn't he do something more important, like be in pure physics research?

In terms of this battle: T-1000.

Comic book guy. I don't know who he is though. Is he from The Simpsons?

Comic book guy. I don't know who he is though. Is he from The Simpsons?

This might be a more familiar visual:
222px-The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

And click for wikipedia page.

To be fair, here's T-1000. Note: T-1001 is not being voted on here.

He's probably fully aware of the implications. T-1000, on the other hand, will say "You need to lose weight" and proceed to shoot off your excess limbs.

i didn't know we had excess limbs...

as far as this match-up is concerned, comic book guy makes for a slightly better candidate.

i didn't know we had excess limbs...

as far as this match-up is concerned, comic book guy makes for a slightly better candidate.

Oh, don't worry. He'd inform you of which ones they were before he removed them. I'm guessing arms and legs. The head doesn't count, right?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously... who came up with these? Barely anyone knows who T-1000 is...

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously... who came up with these? Barely anyone knows who T-1000 is...

It's astonishing to me that more people here know who Dr. Manhattan is than the T-1000. Pre-meds are definitely an anomaly.

It's astonishing to me that more people here know who Dr. Manhattan is than the T-1000. Pre-meds are definitely an anomaly.

Now, that is interesting. If we'd had this discussion pre-Watchmen-movie, I would think that more people would've recognized T-1000 than Dr. Manhattan, as Terminator had more popular exposure.

Then again, if we'd had to vote for Arnold vs. Comic Book Guy, things would probably be a lot different...

I agree with Myuu... preWatchmen, I would be in the category of Dr. Manhattan Who?

Now, that is interesting. If we'd had this discussion pre-Watchmen-movie, I would think that more people would've recognized T-1000 than Dr. Manhattan, as Terminator had more popular exposure.

Then again, if we'd had to vote for Arnold vs. Comic Book Guy, things would probably be a lot different...

If we're talking Terminator (1984), then I would vote for Comic Book Guy for the same reasons as above.

If we're talking Terminator 2 (1991), then Arnold would win in a landslide :)

T-1000. If that watchmen movie hadn't come out (which I didn't see after my friends hated it), I would have no idea who Dr. Manhattan is.

(from IMDB)

Kent Brockman
: Excuse me, did you see the six o'clock news?
Comic Book Guy: No, I get my news from the internet, like a normal person under seventy. Farewell, dinosaur.

How could SDNites not love Comic Book Guy? Us internet nerds gotta stick together! He's got my vote, even though I got the exact same MCAT score as the T1000.
Comic Book Guy FTW.

What she said.

By the way, though I knew T-1000 because of the pic, I wouldn't have know who that was had spurs only posted his name.

Me. I come from a land called Popular Culture. Perhaps you could learn to speak my language in time.

Now, see. You said that. And all I could think of was this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew[/YOUTUBE]

Comic Book Guy. He'd be a hit pediatrician, with his ability to costume up and play.

most medical schools don't accept murderers so i'm going to go with the comic book guy.

and while on the subject of arnold and other action studs, what would chuck norris' numbers/profile look like?? i think if he applied he'd be the men's bracket champ.

Chuck Norris got a 46 on his MCAT.

Chuck Norris also got accepted into medical school with a rejection letter.

He is definitely No. 1 in the Mens Bracket.

T-1000. The precision of a machine with the ability to make all the surgical tools he needs on command.

worst. doctor. ever.

voting for the comic book guy.

most premeds dont know T-1000 because 1. terminator was popular for the cool kids in the early 1990s and movie reruns on tv...who DIDNT watch terminator 2? possibly, the greatest action movie of all-time!!!...2. most premeds arent into popular culture..they rather isolate themselves and read books in their bedroom.

[Banzai!]Voting Over![/Banzai]

Comic Book Guy crushes T-1000, 25-6. While T-1000 goes off and curls up in a fetal position, mumbling something about perfection, Comic Book Goy moves on to the Elite Eight!

the_simpsons_comic_book_guy_as_flash.jpg
=Winnah!

The first Battle of the Midwest, Sweet Sixteen!

NapoleanDynamite.jpg

Napoleon Dynamite
MCAT 34P (12/12/10/P), GPA 3.6

stephen-colbert.jpg

Dr. Stephen T. Colbert, DFA
MCAT 36Q (12/12/12/Q), GPA 3.85

Aaaaaaaaaaaand... GO!

Last edited:
Going to give the edge to Stephen Colbert. He had slightly better stats, but the key was his interview. This is a confident man who is quite charming. Napolean, however is very selfconscious and could be quite negative. Colbert FTW.

Stephen Colbert for sure. I don't really know who the other guy is.

Who can refuse "truthiness"?

Besides, Colbert recognizes he can't use sarcasm and irony with children. He has the intellectual acuity and communication skills needed for the profession. I vote for him (but not for President).

Gotta go with Colbert here. He's smart, witty, and he has a certain aura about him. I would listen to him if he were my doctor.

Napoleon did have some pretty sweet dance moves, but that hair alone rules him out (don't even need to mention his social awkwardness).

Colbert, he has that surgeon look to him.

This is a no-brainer. Definitely Colbert. He would drop hysterical knowledge on all of his patients & he just has this charm about him. Napolean Dynamite is more suited to be a vet and deal with his llama :D

Colbert. Although I don't know how much of a team player he would be.

I am SO SO SO tempted to vote for Napoleon Dynamite because of how much I dislike Colbert, but Napoleon as a doctor? That's just way too ridiculous.

So Stephen Colbert gets my vote.

In the next round I fully expect to vote against him though!

[Banzai!]Voting Over![/Banzai]

Comic Book Guy crushes T-1000, 25-6. While T-1000 goes off and curls up in a fetal position, mumbling something about perfection, Comic Book Goy moves on to the Elite Eight!

=Winnah!

The first Battle of the Midwest, Sweet Sixteen!

Napolean Dynamite
MCAT 34P (12/12/10/P), GPA 3.6

stephen-colbert.jpg

Dr. Stephen T. Colbert, DFA
MCAT 36Q (12/12/12/Q), GPA 3.85

Aaaaaaaaaaaand... GO!
Colbert for the epic win. No contest. Napolean drops the ball, while Colbert has the the balanced EC, good grades, and the personality.