Taking extra classes at a community college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poodles29

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to take some GE and BCPM (non-prerequisite) courses at a local community college to boost my low GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it a good idea to take some GE and BCPM (non-prerequisite) courses at a local community college to boost my low GPA?
If you've already graduated with your bachelors, are seeking academic redemption, or have not yet transferred to a university from your CC, it's an reasonable idea. A better idea is to take university-level coursework and prove you can excel despite the increased rigor.

If you've already graduated with your bachelors, are seeking academic redemption, or have not yet transferred to a university from your CC, it's an reasonable idea. A better idea is to take university-level coursework and prove you can excel despite the increased rigor.

I'm enrolled in a 4 year university as of now and was thinking of taking course at a community college as well. Do you think it's a good idea?
I'm planning to take basic BCPM classes like Pre-Calculus, which I've already passed through

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm enrolled in a 4 year university as of now and was thinking of taking course at a community college as well. Do you think it's a good idea?
I'm planning to take basic BCPM classes like Pre-Calculus, which I've already passed through
After looking back at your first SDN post and appreciating your personal situation, I don't think it will hurt you.

I read during interviews they really get on you for community college courses, I think it would be a good idea to save some money and help your overall GPA if it's low.

It won't be that impressive to have a 4.0 post bacc of all CC courses, especially if you aren't taking pre-reqs for the first time as a career changer.