Taking notes from Kaplan books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lyfewyse

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was just curious about those who used the Kaplan books to study with, would it be better to read the chapters and then write the notes based off the end chapter reviews instead of taking notes as you read? What has helped you? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't make notes based on the end of chapter notes. I decided to separate the reading and note taking into different processes. I would read and highlight the chapter one day, then go back and write my outline the next day, making very detailed but condensed notes (generally one sheet of printer paper front and back). I found this to be very effective for me. My kaplan Diagnostic was 495. My kaplan FL 2 was a 510 after about 60-80 chapter outlines as my sole source of content review.

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't make notes based on the end of chapter notes. I decided to separate the reading and note taking into different processes. I would read and highlight the chapter one day, then go back and write my outline the next day, making very detailed but condensed notes (generally one sheet of printer paper front and back). I found this to be very effective for me. My kaplan Diagnostic was 495. My kaplan FL 2 was a 510 after about 60-80 chapter outlines as my sole source of content review.

Thanks for your input!

i took notes as I read (chapter summaries do leave out some stuff that I thought was important), then I made flash cards of the terms that not only I struggled with, but those that I wanted to remember on the spot. And not just terms, but even things like AA's, organic rxns, etc. Good luck studying