Taking pre-med requirements in business school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Would you do this?

  • No, too risky.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wouldn't go to business school in the first place.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not entirely sure.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already have an MBA.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not my circus, not my monkeys.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1

Just1voice

Game changer
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found out the b-school I'm considering attending this fall allows students to take classes throughout the university. I'm very fortunate this won't affect my finances if I can schedule science classes around my MBA curriculum, but it could affect my GPA.

I'm also hoping to work in healthcare part-time though I know that will be a heavy load. I'm also starting a nonprofit and this is a full-time MBA program.

It's not the most elite program out there, but it's a top 30 and I made it clear medical school was my end game, and I'm extremely confident in the starting salaries & career placement rate of their graduates if I change my mind halfway in.

Doable? Many MD programs offer a dual MD/MBA. In this case, I'd get the MBA first.
 
I would choose 2 of those initiatives and strive to excel in them, not aiming for mediocre in all 4. Taking pre-reqs sounds reasonable, but also working sounds too hard, and so does starting a non-profit. If you really want to do the non-profit, maybe do that then take the pre-reqs later, or start the non-profit if your classes are going well. Overall it just seems destined to fail if you don't give somewhere.
 
Taking 2 prereqs right now.

But you are starting a non-profit too. Idk might not be doable.