Taking the requirements at two community colleges

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

8

811738

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone,

I went to two community colleges before transferring to UCLA.
I took the first English class that satisfied the English composition area at Glendale CC and then a class that covers the English composition/Critical thinking at Pasadena CC.
I also split the gen Bio classes: The first bio at Pasadena CC and then the next one in the series at Glendale CC.

My IGETC 1 year English requirement was satisfied and UCLA accounted for both my Bio classes as the gen Bio equivalence and accepted the fact that I spit them.
So my 1 year English and gen bio requirements are met
Would med schools look at is the same way? Or would they be iffy about it?
Thanks in advance.
 
I would think you'll be fine. I think med schools see more of an issue if you take all/most of your prereqs at a CC while in university--i.e. all your pre-med courses at CC, all other classes at university.