Tall Scrubs !!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OhNoNotAgain

Worst thread ever.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I really need help finding tall scrubs. I checked out allheart.com, and still can't find much of anything. Dickies was the only one I found that had just regular Tall drawstring scrubs, but the inseam is only 32". Thats not tall!!! :mad: I don't want to look like I am wearing those ugly things girls wear called capris. :eek:

I know some of you out there are 6'2"+, where do you purchase yours? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

tell me about it. I'm 32x34 and they just don't make those scrubs. For god knows what reason they assume that if you have more than a 30" inseam you need a 38" waist :rolleyes:

I can't bring myself to buy too many pairs of scrubs, I plan on using the free hospital pairs...I just grab a L, sinch it tight, and still have them be a shade short (Don't get me started on the fact that the scrub machine won't let me get a M top with L or XL pants).

1st year I went through the same anger as you and did manage to find one website that sold scrubs that fit me, so I have a pair in my closet that maybe I'll use for post-call medicine days...but I don't remember the site. Look around the 'ol inter-web, they sell them they're just hard to find.

On a side note: Short people, fat people, and short fat people YOU SUCK! Its your fault that most stores in the US start at a 34" waist when they get up to 34" inseams. You want descrimination? Go to a store and try finding 32x34...bitter? hell yeah :cool:

LOL! Yeah, well try getting ANY pair of paramedic pants to fit a girl :D Anything that fits in the hips looks like clown pants in the waist and groin. I kid you not, all I need is a hula hoop for the waist and my look would be complete...
For that matter, small scrubs aren't ALL that small. Maybe small for a guy, but not for a smaller girl. You'd think the manufacturers of these things would realize that people come in *all* shapes and sizes...

Members don't see this ad :)
tiger_lily said:
LOL! Yeah, well try getting ANY pair of paramedic pants to fit a girl :D Anything that fits in the hips looks like clown pants in the waist and groin. I kid you not, all I need is a hula hoop for the waist and my look would be complete...

That's for a good reason--form fitting paramedic pants would distract the sick people! You've got an old man with an MI, we can't afford for your butt to be increasing the O2 demand on his heart!!

Unless they're worried the hospital is going to flood, I see no purpose that is served by making me where crazy short scrubs.... :mad:

velo said:
tell me about it. I'm 32x34 and they just don't make those scrubs. For god knows what reason they assume that if you have more than a 30" inseam you need a 38" waist :rolleyes:

I can't bring myself to buy too many pairs of scrubs, I plan on using the free hospital pairs...I just grab a L, sinch it tight, and still have them be a shade short (Don't get me started on the fact that the scrub machine won't let me get a M top with L or XL pants).

1st year I went through the same anger as you and did manage to find one website that sold scrubs that fit me, so I have a pair in my closet that maybe I'll use for post-call medicine days...but I don't remember the site. Look around the 'ol inter-web, they sell them they're just hard to find.

On a side note: Short people, fat people, and short fat people YOU SUCK! Its your fault that most stores in the US start at a 34" waist when they get up to 34" inseams. You want descrimination? Go to a store and try finding 32x34...bitter? hell yeah :cool:

Amen. The only pair of scrubs I could find that were long enough were a bit high around the ole jewels. And why does the big and tall store assume you have to be both? Shouldn't it account for us really tall, really thin folk (6'6, 160lbs).

VA Hopeful Dr said:
Amen. The only pair of scrubs I could find that were long enough were a bit high around the ole jewels. And why does the big and tall store assume you have to be both? Shouldn't it account for us really tall, really thin folk (6'6, 160lbs).

For real. Where's the "Thin and Tall" store? Or, at least, the "Big and/or Tall" store

Why would you wear anything but the hospital provided scrubs ? The idea of scrubs is to keep the hospital bugs out of your home, and your home bugs out of the hospital. Only RNs and nursing assistants wear scrubs as a fashion statement.

(the place I work at right now has a 'scrub-o-matic'. Sort of a vending machine that dispenses the scrubs one pair ata time after you swipe your ID. For some reason, it doesn't offer the combination of XL top and XL pants. As a result, I end up with XL tops and 2XL bottoms, giving me a bit of a baggy pants rapper look at 6'3'' and 185lbs)

http://www.scrubs.com/sizechart.aspx

You could purchase them un-hemmed and hem them yourself. It's not hard at all. If I can do it so can you :D

And women's EMS pants, oh gawd. They chafe my armpits. :(

OhNoNotAgain said:
Alright, I really need help finding tall scrubs. I checked out allheart.com, and still can't find much of anything. Dickies was the only one I found that had just regular Tall drawstring scrubs, but the inseam is only 32". Thats not tall!!! :mad: I don't want to look like I am wearing those ugly things girls wear called capris. :eek:

I know some of you out there are 6'2"+, where do you purchase yours? :confused:

I'm 6'8" and bought some 3x ones. They are Hammerific!

sether52do said:
I'm 6'8" and bought some 3x ones. They are Hammerific!

So they fit fine? Legs wide enough?

I wish they made scrub skirts...but that's probably just me.

OhNoNotAgain said:
So they fit fine? Legs wide enough?

They are pretty good. As long as you don't mind the 60 inch waist cinching action every time you put them on. Oh, and don't have anything on your waist like a phone or pager when you use the urinal....they don't stay up so well :)

tiger_lily said:
For that matter, small scrubs aren't ALL that small. Maybe small for a guy, but not for a smaller girl. You'd think the manufacturers of these things would realize that people come in *all* shapes and sizes...

OMG, I so know what you mean! I'm a tall gal (5'9") with big 'ole hips, and I had to wear large scrub pants for anatomy. I could've fit another one of me in the waist, and the crotch was halfway to my knees! And that was the BEST fit I could find! :laugh: