Taxi fare in New york

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDS:)

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much it cost to take a taxi from EWR airport to Columbia dental? And how long is the drive?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

from either of the 2 real NYC airports its $39 flat rate..
Im sure its more from EWR after tolls..

EWR to Columbia is gonna cost u a GOOD $150 easlily. it's pretty far from columbia. ur best bet is to take the PATH train from Newark NJ st8 to NYC then from tehre take a taxi to columbia. it'll then cost u like 10 bucks in total. (1.50 for PATH)

I dunno how to get from EWR to path station, but i believe there is a bus or shuttle that takes u there.

DO NOT TAKE the taxi cuz ur gonna encounter airport traffic, tunnel traffic and NYC traffic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take the NJ transit train from the EWR Airport to the NY Penn station (I belive it was 10$ or so) then in Penn station, get on the A train...it will take you directly to Columbia Dental on Broadway and 168th i believe. Very easy, the entire trip was around 1.5 hours at most i think. Best of luck!!

People fly in to EWR thinking they're saving money but in the end the price difference is made up in the price of the cab and is mainly inconvenient and time-inefficient..

but if you get there with at least 2 hours to kill, and take either one of the shuttle buses or public transportation then it can be okay.. go to the airport's website.. they have lots of info on getting to NYC .

okay, I havent book my airline ticket yet. I was thinking about arrive EWR, so it would be cheapter, guess not. Never mind then. Thanks guys~

Take the NJ transit train from the EWR Airport to the NY Penn station (I belive it was 10$ or so) then in Penn station, get on the A train...it will take you directly to Columbia Dental on Broadway and 168th i believe. Very easy, the entire trip was around 1.5 hours at most i think. Best of luck!!

this way works great and makes newark cheaper than jfk and lga, from neither of which you can realistically take public transportation to columbia. also, if you prefer a cab its probably not more than 55-60 and is much easier than a cab from jfk (just straight up 95 and over the gw bridge, its not that bad if its not rush hour)

this way works great and makes newark cheaper than jfk and lga, from neither of which you can realistically take public transportation to columbia. also, if you prefer a cab its probably not more than 55-60 and is much easier than a cab from jfk (just straight up 95 and over the gw bridge, its not that bad if its not rush hour)

i should add that getting there from any airport in a cab in rush hour will suck a lot

Does anyone know how much it cost to take a taxi from EWR airport to Columbia dental? And how long is the drive?

Thanks

arrive at LaGuardia Airport, take the shared taxi (mini van service). you buy the fare in advance at the LaGuardia Airport. It runs about every 20 mins. it will cost you about $20 total. Total run time around 7-8am will be 45 mins for a 8 mile ride.

It shouldn't be more than $45 from EWR to the Columbia Health Sciences campus at 168th St. and Broadway. I say this because JFK is the farthest airport from Manhattan, followed by EWR and LGA, and it costs $45 from JFK -> manhattan.

In my opinion, if you are visiting you should take a cab and not bother with other forms of transportation as they can be unreliable (sometimes there's subway construction, Super Shuttle runs late, etc etc).

Just be prepared to spend a lot of money during your stay in New York as it's an expensive city.

If you fly to JFK, the A train will take you right from JFK all the way to Columbia. Although it will probably take about 1.5 hours, but it is a direct route, no cabs or transfers involved. Some of my friends did this when they interviewed there. $7 total.

From EWR, you can take the New Jersey Transit train to Penn Station ($14) and then take the A train right there to Columbia ($2). Again, have about 2 hours on hand.

There are cheap ways to get around the city, but you need TIME.

if you arrive at La Guardia and really want to save some money just take the M60.. its the public bus and will take you into Manhattan.. you can then transfer to the m100 which will take you right to Columbia, or you can transfer to the A train, which will do the same.. the trip should be around 1hour 15 minutes.. the total cost would be $2.. buy a metro card in the airport at any newsstand

I take it every day to school.. it runs every 10 minutes or so..

From Newark, I took the bus service to Port Authority for $14 (runs every 15 minutes), then I got a cab from Times Square... I believe its about a $25-30 cab ride from there to Columbia dental.

If you're somehow getting to times square/penn station just take the subway up. It's pretty quick on weekdays and you don't have to deal with traffic. Not to mention it's only $2 and will be the only non-expensive part of your trip. You can take the 1, A, or C. (Don't take the E!)

have you guys thought about using SUPER SHUTTLE, it is only 19 dollars and takes you directly to your hotel, school, etc. check it out at www.supershuttle.com . If you're an STA member you get discounts too...i think

okay, I havent book my airline ticket yet. I was thinking about arrive EWR, so it would be cheapter, guess not. Never mind then. Thanks guys~

ppl think Newark would be cheaper than JFK or LGA, but the truth is that the Newark is the most expensive airport in the area (unless you're flying continental).

I'm looking at a flight that arrives at 6:30 at JFK, and I want to get to NYU before 8:00. Does that seem doable, and what would be my best mode of transportation?