Tell me this isn't real?

Started by breenie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EWWWW!!!

Is that pic of the horse the one he.. erm.. assaulted?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5AJ5xGaIdM[/YOUTUBE]
 
I wonder what happens in someone's brain that makes them say, "Hmmm, I'm tired of sex with humans...I'd like to have sex with a horse today!"

:barf:

Not real sure about this...haven't really sat down and tried to dissect the mind of a...bestialist?...but I do have a good idea how this conversation went down with people at his work...

Bill: Hey Ken what's up?

Ken: Nothing much just checking out these pics of some horses.

Bill: Nice man. I didn't know you rode?

Ken: Nah I don't. I just want to have sex with him.

Bill: What the f%^&?!!!!!
 
ewww!!!!!!

lkjhaksdvboiuerhflkdsbfvailnjkcsubaieljkkbnfsmdbv - BLEHG> YUGH. eeewwwww.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At least he did not try to procreate with a woman. Imagine having his genes running around in the gene pool.
 
The human-animal interactions course I TA'd always has interesting discussions on zoophilia/bestiality - people react so strongly against it, yet we don't bat an eye at other things done without animal "consent." The numbers of percentage of population that have engaged in sexual acts with animals (when it has been surveyed) is actually way higher than you would ever expect. (Of course, the typical problems of bias with sexual research exist, but still).
 
http://www.thehorse.com/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=19480
January 21, 2012

"A Pennsylvania veterinarian is facing criminal charges in connection with the alleged sexual assault of a horse in Oklahoma.


"Oklahoma Veterinary Board Executive Director Cathy Kirkpatrick confirmed that Thomas Wilson, DVM, is accused of committing a sexual act with a horse in 2009. Kirkpatrick confirmed that Wilson was a veterinary medicine student working at a Tulsa area veterinary clinic at the time of the incident.


"In October 2011 Wilson was charged with one count of sodomy, according to court records. On Jan. 19 he pleaded not guilty to the charges.


"Wilson's attorney Robert Wyatt was unavailable for comment.


"Wilson is currently licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania Department of State Information Specialist Matthew Keeler said that there have been no disciplinary actions by any state board against Wilson in the past. No disciplinary actions relative to the Oklahoma charges have been taken "up to this point," Keeler said."
 
The human-animal interactions course I TA'd always has interesting discussions on zoophilia/bestiality - people react so strongly against it, yet we don't bat an eye at other things done without animal "consent." The numbers of percentage of population that have engaged in sexual acts with animals (when it has been surveyed) is actually way higher than you would ever expect. (Of course, the typical problems of bias with sexual research exist, but still).

The first thing that came to my mind when you said "without consent" was slaughtering them. 🙄. That sounds like an interesting course.
 
Not real sure about this...haven't really sat down and tried to dissect the mind of a...bestialist?...but I do have a good idea how this conversation went down with people at his work...

Bill: Hey Ken what's up?

Ken: Nothing much just checking out these pics of some horses.

Bill: Nice man. I didn't know you rode?

Ken: Nah I don't. I just want to have sex with him.

Bill: What the f%^&?!!!!!

LOL! :laugh:
But seriously, this is some messed up sh*#! Does Oklahoma do interviews?!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The first thing that came to my mind when you said "without consent" was slaughtering them. 🙄. That sounds like an interesting course.

It's a super interesting course. You can even stay in the same subject without moving to slaughter, though; what's so much worse about a human having sex with a horse (apparently without consent) vs. them being artificially inseminated? Or tied to a fence and mated naturally?

While I'm definitely not an advocate for zoophilia/bestiality, people immediately going :barf: at it and not really thinking about the implications inherent bothers me.
 
It's a super interesting course. You can even stay in the same subject without moving to slaughter, though; what's so much worse about a human having sex with a horse (apparently without consent) vs. them being artificially inseminated? Or tied to a fence and mated naturally?

While I'm definitely not an advocate for zoophilia/bestiality, people immediately going :barf: at it and not really thinking about the implications inherent bothers me.


Basically everything we do to animals is without consent- but insemination/selective breeding does not involve sticking your d*ck in the orifice of an animal.

If you can't see there IS a difference between mating 2 animals of the same/similar species, and putting your penis in an animal for pleasure, then I can't help you.
 
Basically everything we do to animals is without consent- but insemination/selective breeding does not involve sticking your d*ck in the orifice of an animal.

If you can't see there IS a difference between mating 2 animals of the same/similar species, and putting your penis in an animal for pleasure, then I can't help you.

I study animal ethics. Dissecting stuff like this is kind of important. 🙂 The question here is not whether there is a difference between mating animals and bestiality, it is whether there is a morally important difference between the two.

Generally when pushed, people state that bestiality is wrong because no consent can be given by the animal - well, that begs the question: how is consent is given in any other similar situation? If we are okay with implied consent for mating or AI, why is it not okay for there to be implied consent in zoophilic situations? If you grant that, what other arguments are there that can be put forth to prove the act "wrong"?

I have the same icky feeling about bestiality as pretty much everyone else. But it's my opinion that icky feelings should still be analyzed and snarky comments are not really productive.
 
I study animal ethics. Dissecting stuff like this is kind of important. 🙂 The question here is not whether there is a difference between mating animals and bestiality, it is whether there is a morally important difference between the two.

Generally when pushed, people state that bestiality is wrong because no consent can be given by the animal - well, that begs the question: how is consent is given in any other similar situation? If we are okay with implied consent for mating or AI, why is it not okay for there to be implied consent in zoophilic situations? If you grant that, what other arguments are there that can be put forth to prove the act "wrong"?

I have the same icky feeling about bestiality as pretty much everyone else. But it's my opinion that icky feelings should still be analyzed and snarky comments are not really productive.

Okay (snarkyness has been put into pocket), I see what you mean now.

For me, I'm not really bothered by the consent issue of it, because I see your point and agree with it (hence my previous comment of basically everything we do to animals is without consent).

I'm more bothered by the basic premise of it I suppose... the issue of putting your ...parts... into an animal for pleasure. Whats your stand on that? I think I just feel like its inherently wrong, much how I would feel its wrong for someone to throw rocks at birds for pleasure...

Okay now you've got me thinking and I guess if the animal isn't being injured (i.e. throwing rocks at birds injures them) then why is it wrong. Well I guess the act of sexual activity is more or less a personal thing. From my point of view, its a way to ... um... bond? with someone, whether they are your partner, or a friend, or a one night stand lol.... there are ways to bond with animals, but I think I prefer the traditional way- food.

Some animals have sex for pleasure, but for most of them its a way to keep their genes going (when it comes down to it I guess thats what we're *all* doing). But for humans, we have that additional higher thought process going on, where sex satisfies more then just passing on your genes. If you're getting down and dirty with a goat, the goat is just happy to pass on genes, but why is a person's "higher thought process" satisfied by putting his penis into a goat co*ter?

Right now I'm interested in your opinions Trilt 🙂
 
Some animals have sex for pleasure, but for most of them its a way to keep their genes going (when it comes down to it I guess thats what we're *all* doing). But for humans, we have that additional higher thought process going on, where sex satisfies more then just passing on your genes. If you're getting down and dirty with a goat, the goat is just happy to pass on genes, but why is a person's "higher thought process" satisfied by putting his penis into a goat co*ter?

Right now I'm interested in your opinions Trilt 🙂


Is there any animal that willingly and openly mates outside it's own species? In natural environments, I mean.

I can't think of any. So human + other species = unnatural = crime against nature?
 
Is there any animal that willingly and openly mates outside it's own species? In natural environments, I mean.

I can't think of any. So human + other species = unnatural = crime against nature?

(Please note that I am certainly not arguing for bestiality here)

Unnatural = crime against nature isn't a great argument, because "unnatural" includes everything from sex with animals to vaccines.
 
(Please note that I am certainly not arguing for bestiality here)

Unnatural = crime against nature isn't a great argument, because "unnatural" includes everything from sex with animals to vaccines.

agreed. i am NOT arguing for bestiality at all in any sense here, but technically, and i stress *TECHNICALLY* speaking ANYTHING we do to animals in veterinary medicine COULD be considered "unnatural" and "without consent" -- do we ask for consent forms from the dog when it goes in to get it's spleen removed? does the cat consent for when you poke a needle in it's chest to get fluid out?

don't shoot me! -hides- but in reality, anything we do as vets we do to help the animals but i don't think it's ever done with the ANIMAL'S consent. Obviously, we as vets and clients have good intentions and do it in the end to help the animal's health...but i hope you guys get what i'm saying.

-retreats-
 
I feel like this whole conversation is the vet equivalent of dudebros who are like, "No homo, but..."
 
Is there any animal that willingly and openly mates outside it's own species? In natural environments, I mean.

I can't think of any. So human + other species = unnatural = crime against nature?

Oh I was just talking like horse and donkey; and there's been a new shark species discovered thats thought to be a cross between two different shark species. So thats why I said of similar species. I don't mean like birds mating with cows.
 
We do things to animals without their consent but we generally have the owner's consent. I doubt that was the case in this instance.

oh obviously. i thought that went without saying 😳

what i was trying to say was in the context of what we're talking about, which is doing things to animals with/without their consent.

carry on 🙂
 
As a veterinarian, his role is to "help" the animal. Certainly the animal gains nothing by his having sex with it. As a human, he is odd (maybe even some sort of psychological disorder) to have the urge to have sex with a horse. Was the horse "injured" in any way from the encounter? I think that is a vital question to ask in determining consequences. Will the person have to spend time in prison or get some counseling or do community service. Probably. In any case he should not be practicing veterinary medicine any longer.
 
Is there any animal that willingly and openly mates outside it's own species? In natural environments, I mean.

I can't think of any. So human + other species = unnatural = crime against nature?

Does a dog humping your leg count?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does a dog humping your leg count?

Haha true. But I don't think humping would count for mating. I've seen heiffers "hump", and some whiptail lizard species "hump" to I guess simulate mating, so they can do the whole "we still have babies but don't need men lizards" thing.
 
don't shoot me! -hides- but in reality, anything we do as vets we do to help the animals but i don't think it's ever done with the ANIMAL'S consent. Obviously, we as vets and clients have good intentions and do it in the end to help the animal's health...but i hope you guys get what i'm saying.

Would someone like to explain to me why it is okay to de-claw cats and do cosmetic procedures on animals when it is not for their "health" and certainly not with their consent? Some vets do not even do a proper job of educating owners before the procedure. Having sex with a horse is small cookies compared to having your digits cut off. One lasts a short time, the other a lifetime.
I may be opening up a can of worms here.
 
Would someone like to explain to me why it is okay to de-claw cats and do cosmetic procedures on animals when it is not for their "health" and certainly not with their consent? Some vets do not even do a proper job of educating owners before the procedure. Having sex with a horse is small cookies compared to having your digits cut off. One lasts a short time, the other a lifetime.
I may be opening up a can of worms here.

oy trematode i don't know if it's smart to bring up declawing haha...i think that's like a whole other pandora's box 😳
 
If this happened while he was a student at OSU and the University knew about it (did they?), how could he possibly have been allowed to graduate and become a veterinarian? 😕