Tell the Story of Your Handle/Avatar

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
http://time.com/4028944/pokemon-real-life/

If this is as epic as it looks in the previews your fantasy may not be too far off...

Oh my.....I saw that. I dunno what to make of it...
I think money would be better served making a "zelda-type" game on WiiU with insane graphics.
Lets see if they pull it off. The idea if not executed now, is a thing waiting to happen in the next 50 years.

Cant wait to see the final product :cool:

One of the games came out during finals last year. I white-knuckled it to the last exam.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got done taking the mcat. It was something i found funny that i encountered somewhere. My username is just a spin on an insult.

Reactions: 1 user
My name is related to the forums slang (OP) and I wanted something that would described me whenever I post my comments. Cool name too. My avatar pic is one of my favorited bodybuilders when he was around my age.

Members don't see this ad :)
@The Buff proudly agrees with you.
edcd4e5ff18187745ba03434a435ecd6d467f067f77429095fe8d18596e4bc39.jpg

I never knew there was a guy on here called "The Buff" lol.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm still looking for the perfect avatar (if anyone has suggestions I'd be very greatful) but, my screen name comes from the fact I'm pagan and I'm going to be a doctor. When I graduate I'll change it to something like Dr Pagan or Pagan MD

My first thought was "witch doctor" when I read that, so there's that :)
I'm still looking for the perfect avatar (if anyone has suggestions I'd be very greatful) but, my screen name comes from the fact I'm pagan and I'm going to be a doctor. When I graduate I'll change it to something like Dr Pagan or Pagan MD

He is the reason that the epic saga that is Game of Thrones even happened, and he will be the one to topple it all. Mua ha ha ha ha.

When I first started working in my research lab, everyone else already had cool nicknames. I asked for a nickname and my PI told me I could be Bermuda because I looked lost all the time. It eventually evolved into Bermie.

Reactions: 3 users
My name is related to the forums slang (OP) and I wanted something that would described me whenever I post my comments. Cool name too. My avatar pic is one of my favorited bodybuilders when he was around my age.

ur favorite wasn't someone from the golden age? Zane Franco or Serge Nubret = top, i didn't even know who that evan guy was until i googled him

I love this country. This is how I feel...

Members don't see this ad :)
focusandearnit: because i messed up the MCAT twice while not focusing, and made it while i was studying for the third (and final) attempt while focusing. I went 21 :eek: to 24 :confused: to 510 :happy: this August and I now have an acceptance and 4 II's. the SDN'ers said I was done for. three MCATs, impossible to go MD. "You'll never get in with an August MCAT!" ... what a bunch of debbie downers! suckers! :shifty: goes to show we know pretty little around here, unless you're @LizzyM

My avatar is the logo for Doctors Without Borders. i have done mission work in haiti, and i see myself going back to serve as a physician. :)

ur favorite wasn't someone from the golden age? Zane Franco or Serge Nubret = top, i didn't even know who that evan guy was until i googled him
Of course I have my favorites from the golden age.

• Arnold
  • Sergio Oliva
  • Ed Corney
  • Tom Platz
  • Mike Katz
  • Columbo was meh
  • Robbie Robbison

Orgo professor told a joke

Reactions: 4 users
stealing NFL term...I've made some nice plays and deliberately moved down the field to get into scoring position and now with my body of work in place reached the red zone. So much want to hear, Touchdown (insert your fav team)!

If the OP is truly interested, he should look for @Jalby's legendary, decade spanning thread on the story behind his avatar.
So I had a Tupac picture that was too large at the time. I had just written a post about how NickNaylor needs to get off his high horse and stop treating people like he is beter than everybody else. He sent me a warning and told me I was on probation. About a day later he removed my Tupac picture and told me I was on probation and could be kicked out. I told him to **** off, you don't know who I am and you just got here. I did change my profile picture tho.

My nickname is Teddy. But I wanted to distinguish myself from all the other Teddys. That's why I'm teh teddy.

..and a polar bear is a type of bear. Teddy implies bear. Hence polar bear.

I love the immune system, hence ImmunoLove (and it shortens to "IL", get it? Get it?!). And my avatar is one of my pooches, L. <3

I guess I'm lame, because who I am on SDN is who I am IRL.

I love the immune system, hence ImmunoLove (and it shortens to "IL", get it? Get it?!). And my avatar is one of my pooches, L. <3

I guess I'm lame, because who I am on SDN is who I am IRL.
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1447428020.843325.jpg

If that's lame, I never wanna walk.

That statement came out darker than I intended.

For my name, I really like turtles and silver has the same number of letters as turtle so it flows together.

For my avatar, I love the comic FoxTrot.

Thought that ElCapone was a witty and clever variation of Al Capone, and that I could spin myself off as the Hispanic half-brother of Al.

There is one, but I think you need to be active for a certain period of time/have a certain number of posts before you can access it.
It is literally impossible to be any more off-topic than Pre-Allo

I am officially resurrecting this thread just to explore whatever the heck a @bananafish94 is!

I like frogs and then googled doctor frog.. Found a frog smoking a pipe. Perfect!

I felt bored with the portrait of Dr. Love, so I decided to give it a Christmas twist.

I am officially resurrecting this thread just to explore whatever the heck a @bananafish94 is!
It's from the title of one of my favorite short stories. Unfortunately the username "bananafish" is already taken by somebody who hasn't been seen since 2004, so I had to add some numbers.

bananafish.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
I like avatar the last airbender.

UN = model UN was a big EC of mine and helped shape my interest in public policy.

Med = duh

Ga = I'm from Georgia

My avatar is Frank Underwood. I love House of Cards.

Reactions: 1 users
It's from the title of one of my favorite short stories. Unfortunately the username "bananafish" is already taken by somebody who hasn't been seen since 2004, so I had to add some numbers.

View attachment 211932

May have to read this story and see if it was as entertaining (for lack of a better word) as your app cycle last year ;)

My username is based on John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester and Marquis de Sade. And my avatar just displays I may be slow, but I try to reach for the stars, and you get a kek or two out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
My avatar is the album cover of a Godspeed You! Black Emperor album. I highly recommend a listen. It's called Lift Your Skinny Fists

My username is a Bible verse:

"And Jesus went about all the cities and the villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the Good News of the Kingdom, and healing every disease and every sickness."

My avatar is a fox. I like foxes.

Reactions: 6 users
Username is from iZombie

Pic is a gif I made of Troian Bellasario (from pretty little liars) flipping off the camera at the teen choice awards.

Love her and iZombie. And just a lot of tv shows (community quotes in my signature)