Tell the Story of Your Handle/Avatar

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I say holy crap alot and I love One Piece

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I know I already posted but since then I changed my avatar...this is my cat zorro. He was an awesome cat. He died a few weeks ago :(

I used to teach him med school topics - he'd sit on the table and watch as I ranted about the chambers of the heart and drew obscure images on my whiteboard. I credit him with my passing anatomy lol

Attachments

• IMG_5750.JPG
    IMG_5750.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: 11 users
As a future physician, one of my goals is to "absorb sadness [and] radiate happiness."
[I am kinda scared of cats in real life though; like how medical school application process is scary]

Members don't see this ad :)
My user name choice was a nod to my years as an Organic Chem TA. The correct spelling of the word had been taken already, so I changed the last letter. My avatar comes from a library of cat photos in various costumes, mostly adapted from my daughters' American Girl doll outfits, with the help of some duct tape.

Reactions: 3 users
Orion the hunter is my favorite constellation, and I always watch it as it "wanders" across the night sky as the year progresses.

My avatar is from the show Luther, and encapsulates how I feel 75% of the time.

It's a pronouncement made by Jim Norton of the Opie and Anthony show post-flatus expulsion.

YAY PUDDING!

The image is from a Pinback LP or shirt or something. Give them a listen.

Last edited:
I like to think that my avatar and handle accurately reflect how agreeable of an individual I am.

Reactions: 1 users
Orion the hunter is my favorite constellation, and I always watch it as it "wanders" across the night sky as the year progresses.

My avatar is from the show Luther, and encapsulates how I feel 75% of the time.
DYUQpm1.gif

Well I posted my name reasoning earlier, but my picture is clearly because I am the god of rainbows.

My picture is the last image in the last panel of Bill Watterson's comic, my favorite ever, Calvin and Hobbes.

It's another snow day and Calvin takes his best friend Hobbes out to sled. While outside, they muse about the freshly fallen snow has covered the old world and presents them with a new day full of new possibilities; like a clean canvas on which to draw.

Calvin ends the comic series with an eager enthusiasm for the wonderful adventures that have yet to come, saying: "It's a magical world Hobbes ol' buddy, let's go exploring!"

Reactions: 9 users
My picture: I like red sox

My name: I like red sox

Reactions: 2 users
I just really love Samoyeds...

Too many cats.. not enough dogs.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
PatchA because both Robbin Williams and Patch Adams are awesome

Michael Scott because this little show called The Office is a favorite of mine (don't know if you've ever heard of it...)

Mine is a bit of a pun off of one of my names, plus I have always found tessellations to be very cool. It takes me back to playing with these things as a child.

Incidentally, "tessellate" is also the name of a song by Alt-J that I really like, which is pretty cool too. Lyrics from the song are referenced below my username.

I've had a couple avatars, but lately I've been trying to use actual tessellations because I like having a theme around my profile, haha. In the past I have also used Chemistry Cat as an icon, which is one of my favorite memes.

I am a duck.

In all seriousness, my name is derived from a French word related to a common medical quirk that I have. If you look up the meaning, you can guess what that is, but you can probably figure it out from my avatar alone. :happy:

I am a duck.

In all seriousness, my name is derived from a French word related to a common medical quirk that I have. If you look up the meaning, you can guess what that is, but you can probably figure it out from my avatar alone. :happy:

My wife and one of my daughters has that too.

Mine is a mixture of half my name and half my race, with the added perk of a pun mixed in :D

I typed 'image' into google and found my avatar. Then I simply said "oh that's a melting ice cube. Odd". And here we are today, my friends.

When my wife saw my name she didn't get it since it isn't something she thought I would pick. Now that I think about it, I should change it.

Username is from iZombie

Pic is a gif I made of Troian Bellasario (from pretty little liars) flipping off the camera at the teen choice awards.

Love her and iZombie. And just a lot of tv shows (community quotes in my signature)
The wife really got me into iZombie despite asounding resistance. Great show.

Mine is my first name but in the dialect of my dad's small hometown in Italy

Avatar is a picture of a mountain in Alaska that I took

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My name is Louise Belcher.

My avatar is a picture of me plotting to seek revenge on my arch-enemy.

I am a duck.

Are you able to swim at speeds exceeding that of a jetski?

Grumpy comes from the latin derivative "grumpus" which, in its original latin, meant "the calling of." Gus, derived from the Greek, guus, means "medicine." Hence my username "the calling of medicine." I was a linguistics major and my thesis was titled "Puns Derived From Their Greek and Latin Roots." It was an extremely popular interview topic with all of my interviewers. The image of the frowning cat was popularly used by the young on the casket's of their elders in old Egyptian times.

Jk. I'm just a grumpy little **** and my ex-girlfriend would call me "GrumpyGus" in the morning cause I'm grumpy and would fart on her in my sleep when she tried to wake me up.

Hence the ex.

I know I already posted but since then I changed my avatar...this is my cat zorro. He was an awesome cat. He died a few weeks ago :(

I used to teach him med school topics - he'd sit on the table and watch as I ranted about the chambers of the heart and drew obscure images on my whiteboard. I credit him with my passing anatomy lol

That might be the most gorgeous cat ever. Sorry he died, was he old?

Grumpy comes from the latin derivative "grumpus" which, in its original latin, meant "the calling of." Gus, derived from the Greek, guus, means "medicine." Hence my username "the calling of medicine." I was a linguistics major and my thesis was titled "Puns Derived From Their Greek and Latin Roots." It was an extremely popular interview topic with all of my interviewers. The image of the frowning cat was popularly used by the young on the casket's of their elders in old Egyptian times.

Jk. I'm just a grumpy little **** and my ex-girlfriend would call me "GrumpyGus" in the morning cause I'm grumpy and would fart on her in my sleep when she tried to wake me up.

Hence the ex.

She wasn't meant for you

Toutie is just a nickname. My pic is one I took of a tiny motu (little island) near the south pass on the atoll of Fakarava in French Polynesia.

UN = model UN was a big EC of mine and helped shape my interest in public policy.

Med = duh

Ga = I'm from Georgia

My avatar is Frank Underwood. I love House of Cards.
Do you ever think about the fact that when I imagine you as a person, I imagine Frank Underwood?

Lut Gholein is a fictional trading port in a PC game from the early 2000s. A sinkhole of youth.

The picture is of my favorite eccentric and polymath-- Howard Hughes. Forgetting about his end of days surrounded by the Mormon mafia-- he did a lot of noteworthy things that had a great impact(specially within the sciences and aviation).

As for the location-- I loved watching MASH as a child.

<---- any Seinfeld fan knows Dr. van Nostrand ;) I'm sure I'm not the only one on SDN, either. He and Dr. Mantis Toboggan have to be my two favorite fictional-yet-also-impostor doctors.

Avatar: Best TV show the year. "Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality," and, "I'm in a dream," summarize my thoughts perfectly for the past few months.

Handle: A combination of really bad multilingual puns.

Handle: A play on my last name that isn't pronounced like anyone here would think. Also the nickname given to me in elementary school by the most obnoxious human being to ever walk the Earth who also happened to give people really stupid nicknames.

Avatar: Futurama is one of my favorite shows ever, and my avatar changes with my progression through school/career. Started as Bender while a pre-med (loud and obnoxious and no medical knowledge at all), now is Dr. Zoidberg (has medical training, but has no idea what he's actually doing), and who knows what it will be next!

Handle - protego is a spell from Harry Potter that casts a shield of protection

Avatar - I really just think skeptical dogs are absolutely hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Mine is a simple riddle that serves as a reminder on how to live.

Yes, I really am an incestuous lunatic who would like nothing better than to see her dwarf younger brother's head on a stick.
Wow, this had me confused because I always only saw tyrion in the picture, and just realized his 2 siblings are included.

I have a health care job that involves tracheostomy care and suctioning. It's very satisfying to see your patient breathing easier when you're done, and I enjoy it.

Lut Gholein is a fictional trading port in a PC game from the early 2000s. A sinkhole of youth.
If you have the time to waste, check out /r/slashdiablo

My username and profile pic are of Kevin Levrone, my favorite bodybuilder. :D

This avatar is the album cover to the legendary 1969 King Crimson album 'In the Court of the Crimson King', made it that after Greg Lake died (vocalist/bass/guitar player, also from the band ELP). Name is an obscure music reference, picked to be anonymous.