Temple / LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FWIW, when I called earlier in the week they informed me they were aiming for a class of 10 BCMS students and 30 ACMS students.
Oh wow, so they are shrinking their class sizes for both? The ACMS classes in the previous years were around 40..

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Seems like logical advice, thank you!

What dates were those? Or what would you guess the dates are this year?

From last years forum (though sample size is limited to whoever posts about it): Interview dates were 3/27, 4/5, 4/19, 6/14 (back when they due date was June 1 instead of May 1)

Reactions: 1 user
For those who have an interview- could y’all share how far out they’ve scheduled interviews so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question. While my composite mcat is a 510 and is above the 509 needed for conditional acceptance, one of my subsections(CARS ugh) is a 125 and falls below the 126 mark. Would I have to retake the entire mcat for conditional acceptance?

I have a question. While my composite mcat is a 510 and is above the 509 needed for conditional acceptance, one of my subsections(CARS ugh) is a 125 and falls below the 126 mark. Would I have to retake the entire mcat for conditional acceptance?
Yeah I'm pretty sure you do. The director of the program said that they have to be pretty strict with the number cutoffs.

Hi! I applied a few weeks ago, and have yet to hear any responses... does that mean we have been softly rejected? I know they said that they will offer interviews into May, but when will be the last day they will offer interview spots? Thanks ! :)

Last edited:
Hi! I applied a few weeks ago, and have yet to hear any responses... does that mean we have been softly rejected? I know they said that they will offer interviews into May, but when will be the last day they will offer interview spots? Thanks ! :)

I think they interview till end of May so not over.

Reactions: 1 users
Its been a while since we heard about any interview invites. Has anyone else heard anything about anymore interviews or have any acceptances been given out yet?

Anyone have an idea of how many people are interviewed?

Just got the acceptance letter for the Temple ACMS 2019-2020 class! Could not be happier!

Application complete 3/11. Interviewed 3/19

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance letter for the Temple ACMS 2019-2020 class! Could not be happier!

Application complete 3/11. Interviewed 3/19
wow congrats!!!!

Do you mind sharing your stats? :)

Interview received yesterday at noon, looks like before acceptances were sent out. Complete 3/18

Idk if anyone here can answer this but it says that we can only get 12.5k federal aid. How do people pay for the rest of the cost of attendance for this program.

I know it’s still a bit early, but is there some sort of group (Facebook or otherwise) for accepted students?

I just submitted my Postbac CAS application but was not aware it takes 4 weeks to process? Is there any hope at all that I would be considered by the deadline on 5/1? My Caspr results and supplemental application were turned in last month
I submitted my Postbac CAS application on April 21st, and it got verified on April 24th. As long as they have all the materials such as transcript and rec letter, it won't take a lot of time for them to process it, i believe.

Has anyone received a rejection yet? I'm not sure if I should stay hopeful or not

Just received an interview invitation today at 2! Verified 3/18, interview for May 7!

I submitted my Postbac CAS application on April 21st, and it got verified on April 24th. As long as they have all the materials such as transcript and rec letter, it won't take a lot of time for them to process it, i believe.

Last edited:
Asking for a friend..

Temple has to receive your VERIFIED postbaccas app by 11:59PM tonight in order for you to be considered for the incoming class?

I'm not 100% sure, but for me, I got the email from Temple that my application was complete AFTER my Postbac app was verified, although it happened on the same day.

Anyone know when the latest date is for interview this cycle? Or if they have filled all the seats yet?

Anyone know when the latest date is for interview this cycle? Or if they have filled all the seats yet?
Says online that they will be interviewing until the end of the month. Not sure about dates. Also I interviewed last week and they said the admissions committee met on Friday and will be meeting one more time at the end of the month

Has anyone heard back after that recent committee meeting? Do they send explicit rejections post interview?

Has anyone heard back after that recent committee meeting? Do they send explicit rejections post interview?

I was verified in late January and I have not heard from Temple since :(

I called a few weeks ago and the person I talked to stated that if an applicant was unfortunately denied admission to the program, they wouldn't be notified until after the deadline of May 1. I'm not sure if that also includes rejections that are post interview.

Like the others have mentioned in previous postings, the person also said interviews would be held until the end of May and they couldn't comment on how much the class has already filled.

I was verified in late January and I have not heard from Temple since :(

I called a few weeks ago and the person I talked to stated that if an applicant was unfortunately denied admission to the program, they wouldn't be notified until after the deadline of May 1. I'm not sure if that also includes rejections that are post interview.

Like the others have mentioned in previous postings, the person also said interviews would be held until the end of May and they couldn't comment on how much the class has already filled.

Sorry to hear that :/ The whole process is so long and painful tbh fingers crossed though ofc we haven't heard anyone on the thread mention any rejections though right? Maybe they send them all out at once towards the end?

Have not heard back post interview - interviewed recently last week
frightened hahaha

Sorry to hear that :/ The whole process is so long and painful tbh fingers crossed though ofc we haven't heard anyone on the thread mention any rejections though right? Maybe they send them all out at once towards the end?

That's correct, I have not heard anyone say they received a rejection from the program yet. When I called Temple I asked the person over the phone if there was a set date when rejections were sent out but they also said they couldn't comment on that.

If you're really curious about your application status you could call them and ask. I did just that, and I was told my application was still being screened. I was also told that screening is done by only a few people so it takes quite some time.

Anyone also apply to ACHS (Temple Undergrad)? I just got an acceptance to that program a month after interviewing (when they said decision in 5-7 days) and interviewed for ACMS last week; thinking it might be an indirect rejection from ACMS

Anyone also apply to ACHS (Temple Undergrad)? I just got an acceptance to that program a month after interviewing (when they said decision in 5-7 days) and interviewed for ACMS last week; thinking it might be an indirect rejection from ACMS

Congrats! I am sure they're considering both applications separately because both have different committees reviewing. Do you have any tips for the interview since I am interviewing the 30th? Thanks!

CASper taken 2/11
Verified 2/28
Offer for Interview April 8th
Interviewed April 24th
Accepted TODAY!!!! May 14th (Letter says May 13th)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone knows if there will be more IIs sent out? Completed on last day (5/6) so not sure if there’s still hope for a possible II. Thanks

Interviewed April 24th
Accepted May 14th

Super excited to be starting the program this August!

Anyone know if theres an accepted student FB page?

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed April 24th
Accepted May 14th

Super excited to be starting the program this August!

Anyone know if theres an accepted student FB page?
Congrats! Also wondering if there's a FB page yet:unsure:

Does anyone know how many people get off the acms waitlist and accepted?

I got an email saying I am a “continuing candidate”. I think that means I’m on the waitlist? I don’t know if all of the acceptances have been sent out yet

Last edited:
I got an email saying I am a “continuing candidate”. I think that means I’m on the waitlist? I don’t know if all of the acceptances have been sent out yet
Have you spoken to anyone at the school about it?

Accepted today at 10:30! Interviewed May 7th! So excited!!

Accepted also, Super pumped!!!

Last edited: