Temple / LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a group for accepted students?
I think there's usually facebook page, but I haven't heard anything personally. Also, does anyone know when the first day of classes are? Important detail that I can't seem to find anywhere lol

Members don't see this ad.

I think there's usually facebook page, but I haven't heard anything personally. Also, does anyone know when the first day of classes are? Important detail that I can't seem to find anywhere lol

My understanding is that we would follow the undergraduate Temple calendar so Aug26

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone had trouble reaching the postbacc admissions office? I tried calling them multiple times at different times of the day and it seemed like they were always out of the office. Not sure if there’s still any hope left for an II.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone submitted updates to Temple? I just received my final grades for my Spring semester and I was wondering if it's worth a shot to update Temple on my current final GPA. Does anyone know a particular way to update them? I cannot seem to find a way to update my grades via PostBacCas.

Just got an II which is wild because I had applied months and months ago. Does anyone know if there are even many slots in the class left at this point?

Well I just released my interview spot last night bc it was just too late for me (June 11th), so hopefully one of y'all get it

I emailed them and they said that we would hear from them within the next 2 weeks

I emailed them and they said that we would hear from them within the next 2 weeks

I also called Temple on Friday and was told the same thing. Either we would be notified of an interview or be unfortunately denied admission into the program within 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also called Temple on Friday and was told the same thing. Either we would be notified of an interview or be unfortunately denied admission into the program within 2 weeks.
Or they let some people who have already interviewed into the program lol

Or they let some people who have already interviewed into the program lol

Haha yes of course. The person on the phone was just referring to my position where I haven't interviewed. Wasn't trying to write off applicants who have already interviewed. Best of luck!

I feel like I'm always asking this, but any recent news? Haven't heard anything on my end

Their committee meetings are on Fridays so my guess is emails will go out Monday

Thank you for letting me know, I appreciate it. I hope that's the case then.

Did the adminstration say that? Earlier posts on this thread hypothesized that the committee met on Monday or Tuesday and sent emails either Tuesday or Wednesday lol

On my interview day, administration told us their committee meets on Fridays. It could be this Friday or next Friday though.

Does anyone if they are still interviewing? I'm still hanging on the last bit of hope

Rejected as well. I didn't have an MCAT score tho so that might have affected my app. I hope others got better news! Do you know if they accepted any students without an MCAT? I had applied just in case they might look at the option.

I was just accepted last Friday! Very sudden and unexpected as I was a continuing candidate. I loved this program very much, but I will be giving up my spot. I really hope it goes to one of you guys! Best of luck

Hi everyone!
Prospective student here super interested in applying for the 2020-2021 program.
For successful applicants - what did your application cycle look like? (If you previously did AMCAS when did you do AMCAS, when did you start your app to the LKSOM Post-Bacc, when did you turn it in, when did you hear back, when did you start?)

Also for any post-bacc alumni, I have heard there is a hard 3.4uGPA PRIOR to matriculating to the program in order to gain conditional acceptance. How strict is this? To provide some context, I did a >1 year post-bacc at a non-MD/DO affiliated school prior to this, earned a 3.92 and boosted my GPA to a 3.26 from a 3.01, but taking more courses would not raise it much higher.

Any input would be appreciated! I definitely want to put my best foot forward in applying to the program.

Hi everyone!
Prospective student here super interested in applying for the 2020-2021 program.
For successful applicants - what did your application cycle look like? (If you previously did AMCAS when did you do AMCAS, when did you start your app to the LKSOM Post-Bacc, when did you turn it in, when did you hear back, when did you start?)

Also for any post-bacc alumni, I have heard there is a hard 3.4uGPA PRIOR to matriculating to the program in order to gain conditional acceptance. How strict is this? To provide some context, I did a >1 year post-bacc at a non-MD/DO affiliated school prior to this, earned a 3.92 and boosted my GPA to a 3.26 from a 3.01, but taking more courses would not raise it much higher.

Any input would be appreciated! I definitely want to put my best foot forward in applying to the program.

Unless the program has changed recently, I have not heard of any hard cutoffs prior to matriculation. I think you are referring to the ACHS program which has a different set of standards. If you are accepted into ACMS, all you need to do is get a 3.6 GPA and a 509 on the MCAT (with no subsection lower than 126) and you're accepted to LKSOM.

Unless the program has changed recently, I have not heard of any hard cutoffs prior to matriculation. I think you are referring to the ACHS program which has a different set of standards. If you are accepted into ACMS, all you need to do is get a 3.6 GPA and a 509 on the MCAT (with no subsection lower than 126) and you're accepted to LKSOM.

Hey, do you mind if I PM you a couple questions about the program?