Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you apply and have your application completed?
I submitted my application about 2 weeks ago. I received an email that it was completed the next day and received an interview email a couple days later

Members don't see this ad.

Also, I applied for both ACHS and ACMS but I haven't heard back from ACMS...probably because I still need to take my CASPER test on May 4

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application about 2 weeks ago. I received an email that it was completed the next day and received an interview email a couple days later
Do you mind sharing your stats?

Do you mind sharing your stats?
Sure. cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.0 (I know, terrible :cryi: ), haven't taken the MCAT yet but 1780 on SATs
Tons of hours from scribing for 2 years, volunteering in an emergency department for about a year, volunteering at the food bank. And I did a study abroad internship in which I shadowed doctors for a month

Reactions: 1 user
Sure. cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.0 (I know, terrible :cryi: ), haven't taken the MCAT yet but 1780 on SATs
Tons of hours from scribing for 2 years, volunteering in an emergency department for about a year, volunteering at the food bank. And I did a study abroad internship in which I shadowed doctors for a month
And you got an interview for ACMS correct not ACHS?

And you got an interview for ACMS correct not ACHS?
No, my interview is with ACHS. I applied to ACMS but I have not taken the CASPer test yet (taking it tomorrow) and I do not think ACMS looks at our applications until after they receive CASPer scores

Hey guys. For those who know about ACHS, does anyone personally know anyone who has linked to SUNY Downstate through the ACHS program?

Hey guys. For those who know about ACHS, does anyone personally know anyone who has linked to SUNY Downstate through the ACHS program?
They said they’ve only had a hand full of people link MD simply because it’s harder to do and have those stats especially as a post bacc student

Are you interviewing for ACHS or ACMS/BCMS?

If you’re interviewing for ACMS/BCMS; then do you know if there are other interview dates upcoming? Like did they give options of dates to choose from?

Also interested to know if there are / how many interview dates might be left for ACMS

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many seats are available for ACMS and when they'll send out invitations for interviews? According to the thread from last year, people interviewed around May 17th. So I'm hoping they'll send out interview invitations shortly.

Are you interviewing for ACHS or ACMS/BCMS?

If you’re interviewing for ACMS/BCMS; then do you know if there are other interview dates upcoming? Like did they give options of dates to choose from?

ACMS. Nope, they just assign you a date. I would assume there are still a couple of interview days left since the deadline is pushed to the 15th!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true that they only send interview invites on Fridays? I think I heard that somewhere but I'm not positive

Is it true that they only send interview invites on Fridays? I think I heard that somewhere but I'm not positive
I got one on a Tuesday as well! I feel like there's no trends or anything anymore - everything is a little haywire because of the COVID situation.

Took my CASper today and I know it takes a long time for them to review it but I was wondering how will you know when Temple has received it?

Took my CASper today and I know it takes a long time for them to review it but I was wondering how will you know when Temple has received it?
It takes about 2-3 weeks for the score to reach Temple but afterwards Temple will email you letting you know they have all your materials and your application is under review!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I'm hoping to get my application to ACMS in by the 15th. I saw earlier that someone mentioned secondary questions, and I was just wondering where to find these questions on the applications. I've gone through all the questions for the PostBacCAS, and I can't seem to find the secondary questions. Are the secondary questions sent after you application is complete?

Thanks so much!

Hi! I'm hoping to get my application to ACMS in by the 15th. I saw earlier that someone mentioned secondary questions, and I was just wondering where to find these questions on the applications. I've gone through all the questions for the PostBacCAS, and I can't seem to find the secondary questions. Are the secondary questions sent after you application is complete?

Thanks so much!
After you've added the ACMS program on postbaccas the secondary questions are found in the program materials section. Click on where it says the ACMS program and they should be under the questions tab.

If you don't hear back by the deadline, does it mean you've been denied?

After you've added the ACMS program on postbaccas the secondary questions are found in the program materials section. Click on where it says the ACMS program and they should be under the questions tab.
Thanks so much @ahk_34

Hey everyone, long time lurker. I was hoping if someone can clarify if you do not submit the MCAT then you must submit the GRE/SAT/ACT, or is this optional. Thanks!
This is what the website says: Applicants are required to self-report all standardized test scores within the PostBacCAS application. If you are applying for the ACMS program with MCAT scores, you also are required to self-report any additional standardized test you have taken including GRE, SAT and/or ACT scores.

Can someone who interviewed tell me what the general interview day schedule is like? I'm not sure why but I didn't get any emails about the schedule yet..

Are the interviews usually in the afternoon?

Can someone who interviewed tell me what the general interview day schedule is like? I'm not sure why but I didn't get any emails about the schedule yet..

Are the interviews usually in the afternoon?

This was my day, got the email 2 days before.

There are at least 4 different Zoom links for various interview day activities. All times are EST:

o 8:30 – 9:10 am: Meet and Greet

o 9:10 – 9:25 am: Writing Activity (will be during the Meet and Greet zoom session).

o Faculty Interview with @ 10:00:00 AM

o Blind Interview with @ 11:00:00 AM

12:00 – 1:00 pm: Meeting with tour guides

The first one lasted 30 minutes, the second one was 11 minutes, which had me nervous haha. The Zoom setup was nice, I was able to stress clean and do laundry between sessions.

This was my day, got the email 2 days before.

There are at least 4 different Zoom links for various interview day activities. All times are EST:

o 8:30 – 9:10 am: Meet and Greet

o 9:10 – 9:25 am: Writing Activity (will be during the Meet and Greet zoom session).

o Faculty Interview with @ 10:00:00 AM

o Blind Interview with @ 11:00:00 AM

12:00 – 1:00 pm
: Meeting with tour guides

The first one lasted 30 minutes, the second one was 11 minutes, which had me nervous haha. The Zoom setup was nice, I was able to stress clean and do laundry between sessions.

Thank you for the information! Hoping that I get my schedule soon :)

Thank you for the information! Hoping that I get my schedule soon :)
Good luck! It was far less stressful than I expected. Be able to talk about your application, other than that it was just a fun conversation.

People got interview invites in late may last year, without the extended time line. I wouldn’t assume it’s an automatic R.

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck everyone on your interview today!

I was marked complete in Feb and I've had radio silence ever since. Anyone else in this position?

Anyone know the turnaround time from interview to acceptance/rejection? Or when there is any information released given the current timelines?

Has anyone got an invite to the ACMS yet, I haven't seen anyone on this thread get an interview from them after mid April. Do you know when the next will be? Should I be afraid that I haven't heard anything yet, I was marked complete 4/16?

Has anyone got an invite to the ACMS yet, I haven't seen anyone on this thread get an interview from them after mid April. Do you know when the next will be? Should I be afraid that I haven't heard anything yet, I was marked complete 4/16?

My whole application was done by 4/1. I got an interview invite on 4/29 for 5/12.

I just completed my app 2 days ago. Worried about the same thing :(

Just got an interview invitation! I submitted my app on May 10th and and I got an interview on 5/13 for May 21st interview. That was so quick!

Reactions: 1 users
So if we have not received an invite and our application was done before, is it just a rejection at this point?

Congrats! Can I ask you what the diff is bw ACMS and ACHS? I'm wondering if I should apply for ACHS as well :/
I also have the same question. I've heard that both ACHS and ACMS has linkages to medical schools and I know that ACHS offers MCAT prep. If anyone can expand, please quote this! I didn't apply to ACMS bc I passed the deadline for CASPER test.