Temple Post-Bacc ACMS 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! I won't be applying till next cycle (I can't get in with a 3.07 SGPA so I decided to give myself more time to study for the MCAT and to take extra classes to improve my GPA) but I wanted to ask something. Can ACMS applicants submit both SAT and MCAT scores or is the SAT only for people who didn't take the MCAT (BCMS applicants)?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For those of you who are already accepted, you can visit Lets Room Together (you can google search this to find the website) to begin finding roommates! The initial code to access the page specific for Temple MDs and grad students is: Temple-Katz18! (the exclamation point is part of the code). Feel free to DM me if you're looking for housing/a roommate - I will be in the ACMS program for Fall 2018!
Does the program usually give out names for a roommate search? Seems like there should be a Facebook group at least

Hey guys! I won't be applying till next cycle (I can't get in with a 3.07 SGPA so I decided to give myself more time to study for the MCAT and to take extra classes to improve my GPA) but I wanted to ask something. Can ACMS applicants submit both SAT and MCAT scores or is the SAT only for people who didn't take the MCAT (BCMS applicants)?

Thanks!

You can submit both.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does the program usually give out names for a roommate search? Seems like there should be a Facebook group at least

There will be soon! I reached out via email and they told me they would invite us to a facebook group once BCMS gets started since they start May 14th which is soon. I was given this info to use in the meantime.

There will be soon! I reached out via email and they told me they would invite us to a facebook group once BCMS gets started since they start May 14th which is soon. I was given this info to use in the meantime.

Did they say anything about how many people and till which month they would interview during your interview day by any chance?

Did they say anything about how many people and till which month they would interview during your interview day by any chance?

From what I remember I heard they don't want to interview past June because last year they ran into some hurdles by doing that but don't quote me on that!

Does anyone know how set in stone these requirements are? I have 3.33 cum, 3.31 sci, 515 MCAT but they say 3.4 gpa on the website. Should I just not bother or do people with my stats get in?

Does anyone know how set in stone these requirements are? I have 3.33 cum, 3.31 sci, 515 MCAT but they say 3.4 gpa on the website. Should I just not bother or do people with my stats get in?

N=1, but my stats are very similar to yours and I haven’t heard back yet. I was complete in Jan. I think your experience could be different though. You’ll never know unless you apply

I would apply I think people have gotten in/interviews with similar stats this year

I wish this program was not on a rolling basis and gave everyone a response by a certain date. It's really nerve racking. I spoke to someone who answered the phone this morning and she told me they are still reviewing applications and sending out interviews.

I got in 2 weeks after the first interview and my stats are all slightly lower than yours. Remember this program is an academic enhancer - they don’t expect you to have top notch grades. It seemed to me their focus was on how well you’d fit in at Temple and characteristics you have that would make you a good doctor. It doesn’t hurt to send off an application!

Rejected today. Submitted mid Feb complete late Feb. 3.5 cgpa with 3.4sgpa MCAT of 514. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,
got rejection email today.
did anyone try to appeal or call the office to see if they would reconsider and still invite for the interview?
I believe I have a very solid application and was very surprised by the rejection.
please advise,

Hello all,
got rejection email today.
did anyone try to appeal or call the office to see if they would reconsider and still invite for the interview?
I believe I have a very solid application and was very surprised by the rejection.
please advise,
I wouldn’t expect it to change their decision but what do you have to lose?

Oh great thanks!! Have people found roommates that way in the past?

Do you guys know if they do Skype interviews for OOS candidates? Or is it all required to be in-person for the ACMS program?

Do you guys know if they do Skype interviews for OOS candidates? Or is it all required to be in-person for the ACMS program?
I’m not sure, but you could ask, they seem open to answering questions. Were you offered an interview?

hey everyone, I interviewed 4/19 and have not heard back yet. Does anyone know the timeline for decisions/would it be ok to email and ask?

Hi everyone - just wondering if anyone has heard anything recently or spoken to someone and gotten any information they can share?

Hi everyone - just wondering if anyone has heard anything recently or spoken to someone and gotten any information they can share?
I emailed them last week and they said applications are still being reviewed and interviews are still going out.

I just spoke to someone who said that they think they should be having one more interview day, but that they don't know when. Hoping that there will be another interview day, and that those of us that haven't heard back might be invited for this interview day.

At this point, I'm so frustrated with Temple. It's honestly not right for them to keep us waiting this long, even for a rejection. I've been accepted to other post-bacc/SMP programs that start in two months, and I can't put my life on hold waiting for Temple to get back to me. I feel like many people here will be applying to med school if they don't get in to ACMS or will go to another program, and if Temple gets back to me after I pay for amcas, pay the deposit for my other programs, and pay for the security deposit for my apartment, I'm not even going to consider ACMS as an option. Why are they so disorganized?! If they know they don't want us, why not send us a rejection and give us some peace of mind?!

At this point, I'm so frustrated with Temple. It's honestly not right for them to keep us waiting this long, even for a rejection. I've been accepted to other post-bacc/SMP programs that start in two months, and I can't put my life on hold waiting for Temple to get back to me. I feel like many people here will be applying to med school if they don't get in to ACMS or will go to another program, and if Temple gets back to me after I pay for amcas, pay the deposit for my other programs, and pay for the security deposit for my apartment, I'm not even going to consider ACMS as an option. Why are they so disorganized?! If they know they don't want us, why not send us a rejection and give us some peace of mind?!

I spoke to someone yesterday who could not be more dismissive to all of my questions. Actually going to be in the Philly area for unrelated reasons in the upcoming months and asked if they would accommodate an in-area request. Not only did they say no, but they seemed to laugh at the thought, even though this cycle I had two MD interview invites from in-area requests... At this point the lack of empathy for those of us trying to fix our shattered hopes after a failed cycle makes me think that even if I got an interview there may be better places to go.

In general, and not just temple, I just don't understand why this process isn't more transparent, what do they lose by telling us how many spots are left and where my app currently stands? Why does my app need to be considered for 3 months to decide if I am qualified enough for an interview?

Reactions: 1 users
Offered an interview on 5/17. Only one date was available on the interview calendar when I checked.

Hopefully that's helpful to anyone still waiting to hear back.

Offered an interview on 5/17. Only one date was available on the interview calendar when I checked.

Hopefully that's helpful to anyone still waiting to hear back.
Thanks for sharing, what date was it that was available?

I spoke to someone yesterday who could not be more dismissive to all of my questions. Actually going to be in the Philly area for unrelated reasons in the upcoming months and asked if they would accommodate an in-area request. Not only did they say no, but they seemed to laugh at the thought, even though this cycle I had two MD interview invites from in-area requests... At this point the lack of empathy for those of us trying to fix our shattered hopes after a failed cycle makes me think that even if I got an interview there may be better places to go.

In general, and not just temple, I just don't understand why this process isn't more transparent, what do they lose by telling us how many spots are left and where my app currently stands? Why does my app need to be considered for 3 months to decide if I am qualified enough for an interview?

Exactly. I'd rather have a rejection in my inbox right now and know that I can move on with my life instead of being ghosted by Temple for months. I mean we pay for these applications, right? We deserve to have at least a little communication and transparency...

Would throwing in an app like 10 days before the deadline be a bad idea? Asking for a friend..

Can anyone tell me how they scheduled their interview? Not seeing any link on my portal and the help desk said they weren't sure either.
Congrats! I don't have any advice on that unfortunately, but if you're willing to share, when were you invited and once you are able to schedule, what days are available? Best of luck!

Has anyone who hasn't heard back inquired about the status of their application, either by phone or email, and gotten a response?

Would throwing in an app like 10 days before the deadline be a bad idea? Asking for a friend..
Who even knows? We're all in the dark in this process. You('re friend) might be what they're looking for.

Who even knows? We're all in the dark in this process. You('re friend) might be what they're looking for.
I called them today and they said they were still reviewing/interviewing, so I think I might just throw my hat in the ring.

Just got rejected. Good luck everyone. I emailed the post bac email asking for a status update and got the email a couple hours later, in case anyone else who is waiting might want to reach out and get a definitive answer.

Last edited:
Has anybody who interviewed already heard back yet this week? I was hoping they were going to let us know by now.

Accepted today. Application was complete about 10 days ago, but I had already interviewed for the medical school and am still waitlisted there still.

Has anyone who has already interviewed received outright rejection emails? I got placed on a "continuing candidates" list earlier this evening - their version of a waitlist? Does anyone know how much movement there typically is or how many people get put on this list?

This is so stressful, but I guess all anyone can do is prep a bag and be ready to go in case they accept with short notice...

Best of luck to everyone!

Accepted today. Application was complete about 10 days ago, but I had already interviewed for the medical school and am still waitlisted there still.
Ahhh congrats!!! I'm in the same boat holy crap. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Last edited:
Can we get some stats listed for people who were accepted? I have a 3.44 and a 512 mcat and wondering what my chances are?

Seems like the accepted gpa averages are moving towards a 3.6/3.7 (med school territory)?

accepted! 514 MCAT, sGPA and regular GPA around 3.4.

Is there any group or anything for accepted students?

When do applications to get in next fall open?