Temple Post-Bacc ACMS 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea I guess. I'm hoping I do well on my MCAT and get the score to them before I hear back. I was told that they only accept 10 people who don't have an MCAT score, so chances are pretty slim.
Did you already take it and are just waiting for your score?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, I know these times can be stressful but keep your heads up! (and don’t assume too much!). I interviewed 2 weeks ago and am still waiting to hear back, along with several others who interviewed as well. Note, the program director never mentioned any hard cut offs for GPA and MCAT as they look at the applications holistically. Also, no cap was ever mentioned regarding how many students need to take the MCAT once enrolled in the program. He said it varies every year, usually hovering around half of the class (~15 students).

As per one of the previous ACMS students who led the post-interview tour, there have been up to 10 interview days some years, each with around 10 students, so don’t lose hope just get!

As for those interviewing in the near future, good luck! The day is pretty stress free and actually quite enjoyable - don’t worry!

Reactions: 6 users
It's strange that people who submitted in February are already getting interviews. Anyone submit in late December/early January who still haven't heard back?

Reactions: 1 user
I think that if people submitted in January or earlier and have not heard back, getting an interview is unlikely. I heard from my friend that they screen applications pretty soon after they come in, but there is not very much communication if your application does not make the cut.

Does anyone know where you enter dates for the work/activities section? I don't see any sections for it.

I think that if people submitted in January or earlier and have not heard back, getting an interview is unlikely. I heard from my friend that they screen applications pretty soon after they come in, but there is not very much communication if your application does not make the cut.
I don't know if that's true. I only submitted about a week ago, but I imagine that with such a long application season, they might be trying to look at the applications as a whole pool - which may have meant waiting for more applications before making some of the decisions on interviews.

Does anyone know where you enter dates for the work/activities section? I don't see any sections for it.
I just put mine in the beginning of the descriptions of the activities - idk if it was correct, but it seemed like a logical place :p

How did you guys decide the order in which you listed your activities?

Hey y'all. I applied to this program in the last week of February, and Temple received everything on March 4th. I've been checking my email everyday for updates and have just been becoming more and more anxious due to not having heard back from them yet. My application says that it was last modified on March 2nd. Does that mean anything? Also I don't make the cut for their required sGPA or cGPA. I have a 2.9 sGPA and 3.25 cGPA and an MCAT score of 511. Do y'all think there's even a shot of getting an interview at this point? Congrats to everyone who's received an interview.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection received via email today. Completed in November - Best of luck to everyone!

I took the MCAT on march 24th and I feel as though I did very well (512+) and this is consistent with how I was doing on the practice tests. I have a lower GPA, should I wait to apply until I get my scores back (May 1st) or does that not matter?

I took the MCAT on march 24th and I feel as though I did very well (512+) and this is consistent with how I was doing on the practice tests. I have a lower GPA, should I wait to apply until I get my scores back (May 1st) or does that not matter?

I think applying may 1st might be a little late. I would submit the app now and indicate that you took the MCAT March 24

II a couple hours ago. Interview on the 5th filled up before i could speak to parents lol so I'll be there on the 19th of April.

If you care: 3.48 uGPA (3.44 sGPA), out of state, 511 mcat, surprisingly my application was complete only 2 days ago and they haven't even received 1 of my LORs (this LOR was in addition to a letter packet so i met the requirement)

Were there other dates after April 19th? or dates between April 4th and the 19th?

Were there other dates after April 19th? or dates between April 4th and the 19th?
All other dates were grayed out, the 4th and 19th were the only available dates when I was looking at it. I'm sure that they open up later dates after these interviews are completed though!

I don't know if that's true. I only submitted about a week ago, but I imagine that with such a long application season, they might be trying to look at the applications as a whole pool - which may have meant waiting for more applications before making some of the decisions on interviews.
Not sure if it is completely correct, but I heard it from my friend who is in the ACMS program right now. She also mentioned that they have accepted a little more than half of next year's ACMS class.

Not sure if it is completely correct, but I heard it from my friend who is in the ACMS program right now. She also mentioned that they have accepted a little more than half of next year's ACMS class.

How could they have already accepted so many students if there has only been 1 interview date so far?

Ah, okay. Well, I hope they're still giving out interviews :(

Out of curiosity, is there anyone here who has gotten an interview with an sGPA of <3.4? Wondering how strictly they're following the guidelines on the website...

Yeah I interviewed with the first group in March with ~3.15 sGPA, but I haven't heard back yet so they prob weren't too big on the sub 3.4 lmao

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received an email to change their temple portal password? I never created a TUportal so idk how to change it.

Yeah I interviewed with the first group in March with ~3.15 sGPA, but I haven't heard back yet so they prob weren't too big on the sub 3.4 lmao
Haha well congrats on the interview - I'm sure you did great :p
Also my reaction to your post...
So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif

Hi everyone!

Just got an interview request - so stoked! Can anyone help me figure out how to schedule an interview from the TUportal? I tried calling, but it is after 5...

Submitted towards the end of Feb, just got the email today.
I'm OOS (MD) and I'm taking the MCAT for the first time April 21st - so clearly I want to get a good interview date!

Best of luck to everyone!

Hi everyone!

Just got an interview request - so stoked! Can anyone help me figure out how to schedule an interview from the TUportal? I tried calling, but it is after 5...

I'm OOS (MD) and I'm taking the MCAT for the first time April 21st - so clearly I want to get a good interview date!

Congrats! I don't have advice on how to schedule an interview (waiting for an invite) but when you're able to, what dates are available? Good luck!

Hi everyone!

Hi,

Was your application submitted AND completed at the end of Feb also?

Last edited:
why does it feel like they just skipped people who submitted earlier?

I honestly don’t know. I really don’t know how they go about the reviewing process. But it does seem random. I submitted my application in early March. But haven’t completed my application because of one transcript (since I’m a transfer). But I’m praying for the best

I honestly don’t know. I really don’t know how they go about the reviewing process. But it does seem random. I submitted my application in early March. But haven’t completed my application because of one transcript (since I’m a transfer). But I’m praying for the best

I was complete in March, but I agree, it seems odd that they would say rolling admissions if it's not actually being reviewed that way...

Rolling admissions just means that they give out acceptances as the application cycle goes on as opposed to on a specific date. They’re probably ranking everyone in tiers and it just so happens that stronger applicants applied to ACMS later in the cycle. This makes sense since these applicants were probably waiting to hear back from med schools after interviewing/waitliste and probably didn’t get accepted to med school.

Rolling admissions just means that they give out acceptances as the application cycle goes on as opposed to on a specific date. They’re probably ranking everyone in tiers and it just so happens that stronger applicants applied to ACMS later in the cycle. This makes sense since these applicants were probably waiting to hear back from med schools after interviewing/waitliste and probably didn’t get accepted to med school.

This makes me feel a lot better.

sigh. I'm getting so anxious about this.

Same. Does anyone know how long accepted students have in order to respond about whether they will be attending the program? It would help give an idea of how late interviews could keep going.

Same. Does anyone know how long accepted students have in order to respond about whether they will be attending the program? It would help give an idea of how late interviews could keep going.

7 days once you receive an acceptance email.

Congrats! I don't have advice on how to schedule an interview (waiting for an invite) but when you're able to, what dates are available? Good luck!
I only saw April 19 - which stunk b/c my MCAT date is the 21st. All the other options were greyed in, but maybe something will open up!

Hi,

Was your application submitted AND completed at the end of Feb also?

I think it was maybe a week in between for my recommenders/transcripts - so like, submitted mid Feb, completed end of Feb.

Spoke with someone who knew someone on the adcom and they confirmed that all IIs have been sent out for this cycle

Spoke with someone who knew someone on the adcom and they confirmed that all IIs have been sent out for this cycle
Are you being serious or are you trolling us? Could you please add some more details?

I believe only 3 interview invites have been sent out- and although that is 30 people (only 20 of which have even interviewed- mid March and early April) for a class of 30, I highly doubt they will be accepting 100% of the students they interview. If they do, god bless bc I still have not heard back my decision from LKSOM post-interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Guys, it’s like this. When you get a rejection email, it’s over. Just sit tight until then.

Typed on my iPhone

Agreed, let's hold on before freaking out - some people have received rejections, but there are some of us who are still waiting to hear back about a decision (whether about an interview or maybe decision post-interview). So unless you have received a rejection, it's not over yet. Also, there could be some movement if some accepted students end up getting in elswhere that they prefer. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Reactions: 3 users
Also, I got a hold of an admissions administrative coordinator who said that interview invitations are still being extended and applicants are still being reviewed, hope that makes you guys feel a little better like it did for me

Reactions: 8 users