Temple Post-Bacc ACMS 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! Interviewed 4/5

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! I was just wondering, how long after did they invite you for an interview after your app was completed?

I was complete 2/16!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Invited for an interview 3/27

accepted! interviewed 4/5
SO excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Is it too late to begin an application to this program? Just recently heard about it :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes mine was modified today

Last edited:
For people that got II, did you receive a call or an email?

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I checked with the assistant director of admissions today and interview invitations are definitely still being offered and they will interview into June

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I checked with the assistant director of admissions today and interview invitations are definitely still being offered and they will interview into June

Thank you, I was literally getting anxious

Does anyone know how much wait list movement there is for this program typically?

did anyone else have their application change from "modified on xx/xx/xxxx" to "completed"?

Hate to say this, everyone, but it changed from modified to completed because they recently did maintenance on the application portal website this past weekend :( It means nothing

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone shed some light on the CST ACHS post bac? I have an interview there soon.

I see that they have linkage with PCOM, LKSOM, and SUNY downstate, but is admissions guaranteed if you meet the criteria for these programs? I ask because on their accepted students page, it says that they work with you to put together a specialized linkage application.

Can anyone shed some light on the CST ACHS post bac? I have an interview there soon.

I see that they have linkage with PCOM, LKSOM, and SUNY downstate, but is admissions guaranteed if you meet the criteria for these programs? I ask because on their accepted students page, it says that they work with you to put together a specialized linkage application.

So basically Grace Hershman, who created the ACMS program with the medical school, made another program, the ACHS/BCHS. These programs are associated with the undergraduate university - Temple's College of Science & Technology and are geared towards all health professions. Most of the students, seem to be pre-med, however there are a few pre-dental and pre-PA students i've encountered on my interview trail.
Their linkages posted on their website are basically what you need to matriculate into the program you want. The difference between ACHS and ACMS, is the linking requirements to Temple. ACHS also has more linkage options vs. Temple's ACMS, seems like.

They say during the year, they have a linkage workshop where you specify which program you'd like to be in, and they help you towards that route if you so desire. The "specialized" linkage application is probably a letter of recommendation from the program directors.

Hope that helps.

So basically Grace Hershman, who created the ACMS program with the medical school, made another program, the ACHS/BCHS. These programs are associated with the undergraduate university - Temple's College of Science & Technology and are geared towards all health professions. Most of the students, seem to be pre-med, however there are a few pre-dental and pre-PA students i've encountered on my interview trail.
Their linkages posted on their website are basically what you need to matriculate into the program you want. The difference between ACHS and ACMS, is the linking requirements to Temple. ACHS also has more linkage options vs. Temple's ACMS, seems like.

They say during the year, they have a linkage workshop where you specify which program you'd like to be in, and they help you towards that route if you so desire. The "specialized" linkage application is probably a letter of recommendation from the program directors.

Hope that helps.

It helps a lot, thanks. I guess my follow up would be, if you meet all the conditions for linkage to SUNY downstate or LKSOM, are you guaranteed to be admitted? Or are you guaranteed to just be able to apply through ACHS?

It helps a lot, thanks. I guess my follow up would be, if you meet all the conditions for linkage to SUNY downstate or LKSOM, are you guaranteed to be admitted? Or are you guaranteed to just be able to apply through ACHS?

I interviewed and was accepted to CST ACHS. The linkages are not very strong. If you want to link to PCOM this program is good but if you want to link to SUNY or Temple it doesn't look so good. This year 0 students were able to link to temple (they wanted a min of 3.5 undergrad GPA) and a few people are currently interviewing for SUNY for a linkage but no one has so far.

Basically you will apply to link in Nov, the requirements are dynamic so the ones on the website aren't necessarily what they might require when it's application time. Then the schools will invite you to interview and then you may possibly be given a link (interview doesn't guarantee link).

I interviewed and was accepted to CST ACHS. The linkages are not very strong. If you want to link to PCOM this program is good but if you want to link to SUNY or Temple it doesn't look so good. This year 0 students were able to link to temple (they wanted a min of 3.5 undergrad GPA) and a few people are currently interviewing for SUNY for a linkage but no one has so far.

Basically you will apply to link in Nov, the requirements are dynamic so the ones on the website aren't necessarily what they might require when it's application time. Then the schools will invite you to interview and then you may possibly be given a link (interview doesn't guarantee link).
Oh man. Okay, well I appreciate your input! Did they tell you all this during your interview day?

Temple's been awfully quiet for the past several weeks in handing out secondaries. Even though I know they're handing out secondaries still, I wonder why there hasn't been another round of interviews that have gone out. Gives me so much anxiety.

Temple's been awfully quiet for the past several weeks in handing out secondaries. Even though I know they're handing out secondaries still, I wonder why there hasn't been another round of interviews that have gone out. Gives me so much anxiety.

Theres a secondary? The app I filled out wasn't handed out to me o_O

Oh man. Okay, well I appreciate your input! Did they tell you all this during your interview day?

they don't really talk about linkages on interview day. I know this program sounds really promising and I think its a great way to boost your gpa/get MCAT prep but the linkages aren't well established. That said, the faculty and the dean seem very invested in the students. The interview day is very low stress and it's mainly for the applicant to get info on the school.

I think around this time there's a ton of waitlist movement, so maybe they're figuring that out before they get to us. When I looked at ACMS threads in the past, it seems that interviews still go out in May/June. But you're right.. still pretty nervewracking. I check this thread and my e-mail wayyyy too much

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you who are already accepted, you can visit Lets Room Together (you can google search this to find the website) to begin finding roommates! The initial code to access the page specific for Temple MDs and grad students is: Temple-Katz18! (the exclamation point is part of the code). Feel free to DM me if you're looking for housing/a roommate - I will be in the ACMS program for Fall 2018!

I would echo this! I think that they do a great job selling the program during interview day. I'm in the BCHS which is different from ACHS, but the interview day/process is the same. I think that while the linkage isn't as solid as ACMS, there are more options, and from what I've heard, the faculty really does go above and beyond to find you a good fit for medical school, whether you link or not.

So is the option to link at Temple with no glide year available? I saw your earlier posts about the CST programs and was thinking of applying but I'm more interested about the linkages

Out of curiosity (I’m sorry I’m a pain in the ass I’m sure it’s listed somewhere in this thread) what are the essay questions for the ACMS applications? I am applying next cycle and I want to get a head start on my application essays this summer so that I can submit right on October 15 when the app opens!

So is the option to link at Temple with no glide year available? I saw your earlier posts about the CST programs and was thinking of applying but I'm more interested about the linkages

Theoretically, yes, there is a linkage agreement between the CST programs and LKSOM. I talked to their director about it on the phone though and it's not nearly as set in stone as the ACMS track. Basically, since CST is not part of the Medical School, LKSOM can change requirements for direct linkage at any point. For example, on the CST site it says LKSOM requires a 3.3 cGPA, but this year they changed that to 3.5.

With that said, if you maintain a 3.8 in the CST program you are guaranteed an early decision interview at LKSOM that next application cycle. This seriously increases your chances of an acceptance, but then of course you do need to take a glide year.

Accepted! Interview was 4/19

Last edited:
does anyone with a recent interview know how many people they are planning on accepting/ have accepted and how many they are interviewing and have interviewed?

Theoretically, yes, there is a linkage agreement between the CST programs and LKSOM. I talked to their director about it on the phone though and it's not nearly as set in stone as the ACMS track. Basically, since CST is not part of the Medical School, LKSOM can change requirements for direct linkage at any point. For example, on the CST site it says LKSOM requires a 3.3 cGPA, but this year they changed that to 3.5.

With that said, if you maintain a 3.8 in the CST program you are guaranteed an early decision interview at LKSOM that next application cycle. This seriously increases your chances of an acceptance, but then of course you do need to take a glide year.

Thanks for the reply. Do any of the linkages not require a glide/application year? I thought I saw a poster in here say that the LKSOM linkage didn't have a glide year.

The only linkage that requires a glide year is the Temple LKSOM Early Decision track, where you finish the SMP, then are guaranteed an interview to LKSOM if you apply early decision.

The other linkage to LKSOM doesn't require a glide year but again this relationship seems kind of shaky.

There is a linkage with PCOM which seems pretty legit from what I gather. I spoke to a few people who did ACHS and are now PCOM students. This doesn't require a glide year

There is linkage with SUNY Downstate that doesn't require a glide year.

For the BCHS students, there is linkage which doesn't require a glide year.

There are linkages it’s just that unless you have a 3.5+ undergrad GPA don’t count on being able to get them ( even though the website shows lower requirements). Also the linkage still requires you interview at the school and an interview isn’t a guarantee you will get in.

Reactions: 1 users