Temple University Dental Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: *** The Official Temple University Dental Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Link to interview prep: Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Just received the supplemental application/disclosure agreement. Seems like they are sending them earlier this year (?)

Just received the supplemental application/disclosure agreement. Seems like they are sending them earlier this year (?)
I just received it as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys have any questions on the supplemental link they emailed out??? Mine was just a disclosure agreement and a supplemental fee?

Hello Everyone!

Just sending out feelers, has anyone heard anything yet?

My AADSAS status changed to "under review" a while ago but I have not really received any emails aside from confirmation of the secondary materials and paying the fee.

Gook Luck All!

Hello Everyone!

Just sending out feelers, has anyone heard anything yet?

My AADSAS status changed to "under review" a while ago but I have not really received any emails aside from confirmation of the secondary materials and paying the fee.

Gook Luck All!
Under review is pretty standard during the waiting period hopefully you get an email and it changes to invited for an interview soon. Good luck! I think interviews start in August but I don't remember.

(and with COVID I don't even know if they are doing in-person interviews)

I would like to know what is the interview format at Temple?

I have a question regarding casper ? Do you I need to do it before or after the interview invite ?

I have a question regarding casper ? Do you I need to do it before or after the interview invite ?

I think you need to take CASPER in order for your application to be complete. So before the interview. My portal said Awaiting Additional Information before I took Casper. Hopefully that helps!

I think you need to take CASPER in order for your application to be complete. So before the interview. My portal said Awaiting Additional Information before I took Casper. Hopefully that helps!
Wait hold on, My AADSAS status says Under Review and I have not taken the CASPER test.... Is there any way we can confirm this?

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all!
Ok so I just perused through the website and I believe it is just those that have been invited to an interview that has to take CASPER. Here is what it says in their requirements page on their website:

"CASPer

All interviewees to the four year DMD program at the Kornberg School of Dentistry at Temple University are required to complete an online assessment (CASPer) to assist with our selection process for the 2020-2021 Admissions Cycle."

Here is the link: Requirements | Temple University - Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry

What do y'all think? Might be worth asking the admissions committee?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all!
Ok so I just perused through the website and I believe it is just those that have been invited to an interview that has to take CASPER. Here is what it says in their requirements page on their website:

"CASPer

All interviewees to the four year DMD program at the Kornberg School of Dentistry at Temple University are required to complete an online assessment (CASPer) to assist with our selection process for the 2020-2021 Admissions Cycle."

Here is the link: Requirements | Temple University - Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry

What do y'all think? Might be worth asking the admissions committee?

I don’t think it would hurt to ask

I have asked in the past and they said it is only for those invited for interview.
Meaning you only have to take it once you receive an invite? And do you know if it needs to be completed before the date of your interview?

Meaning you only have to take it once you receive an invite? And do you know if it needs to be completed before the date of your interview?
They probably want you to complete it before your interview. Casper is values assessment so Im sure adcom wants us to complete it prior to interview so they can use it during the interview.

They probably want you to complete it before your interview. Casper is values assessment so Im sure adcom wants us to complete it prior to interview so they can use it during the interview.
They usually have people sign up / do it at the interview. I am sure in the interview email they will have instructions for us on what/when they want it. It is not needed before the interview invite

They usually have people sign up / do it at the interview. I am sure in the interview email they will have instructions for us on what/when they want it. It is not needed before the interview invite
I did it a month ago just to be safe. And received an email that Temple received my Casper scores. will it helps me get an interview? I don’t know but hopefully it does! LOL

I did it a month ago just to be safe. And received an email that Temple received my Casper scores. will it helps me get an interview? I don’t know but hopefully it does! LOL
It wont be a factor that helps you get an interview, but its good that you have already completed it because most people haven't / it means you don't have to worry about it

In response to this and the person prior. No.
Admissions said they will only ask for the Casper exam if you are given an interview invite.

Interview
School: Temple
Notification date: 9/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.50, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/23/ N/A
Interview Date: September
Virtual

@Dr. Kalaidjian
@FutureD25

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Stats if you don’t mind?
Interview
School: Temple
Notification date: 9/1
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.31
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/19/15/Yes
Interview Date: September
Virtual

• Wow
How many waves / how often do they send out invites?

Any international student heard back from them?

Was the application complete email in the form of a receipt for paying the supplemental or was it an actual email saying that your application is complete and that it will be forwarded to the committee?

Was the application complete email in the form of a receipt for paying the supplemental or was it an actual email saying that your application is complete and that it will be forwarded to the committee?

I never got an application complete email, just the supplemental receipt. Your status should say under review when the app is complete.

For people that have completed their interviews: when did you receive the Zoom link? Mine is in less than 24 hours and I have not gotten one yet.

For people that have completed their interviews: when did you receive the Zoom link? Mine is in less than 24 hours and I have not gotten one yet.
I just received the link for my interview tomorrow. You should be receiving it.

For anyone who has already interviewed. How was it?

What are your stats if you don't mind sharing?
Interview #2
Notification date: 9/11/2020
Residency: In-state
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/18/2020
GPA (science, overall, masters): 2.8, 3.1, 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA/ 19 TS/ 20 PAT/ 20 RC
Interview date: 09/22/2020
Method of interview: Virtual

Hey everyone. I got an email for an interview and when I went to schedule it, the only dates shown is literally for tomorrow and nothing else. I called them and left a message and about to email them. But has anyone else experience this and if it was a glitch or if it's for real???

Hey everyone. I got an email for an interview and when I went to schedule it, the only dates shown is literally for tomorrow and nothing else. I called them and left a message and about to email them. But has anyone else experience this and if it was a glitch or if it's for real???
They gave me one day but it’s for the 22nd! That does not sound reasonable. Hopefully they will get back to you soon.

For anyone that already interviewed, are you all attending the open house tomorrow? I can't make it, would it be bad to attend another one?

For those who interviewed/received an interview, when was your application and supplemental submitted?