Temple?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i got into temple too
yeah!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yay for acceptances......cheers!:luck:

Wow. That's great for you guys... I hope I get one soon from Temple...

What type of updates did you give the admissions office?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow. That's great for you guys... I hope I get one soon from Temple...

What type of updates did you give the admissions office?

You have a 39 and 3.7 and 0 accepts? Wow ...

you and me both .. I guess the first wave of May 15th acceptances have been sent out from Temple. Oh well, I'm planning on doing Drexel IMS anyways, if I get in.

Congrats to all that made it!

i can't tell if people are getting acceptances like at this second or if everyone was accepted and they are finding out now that they're back from work / had a chance to look / etc.

i can't tell if people are getting acceptances like at this second or if everyone was accepted and they are finding out now that they're back from work / had a chance to look / etc.

I had checked my status this morning, but then saw this thread and just went back to check and saw I was in. I think they came out all at once...

Did anyone else get the acceptance email today ?? It says that I was assigned to the Danville, PA campus for my 3rd and 4th years. Where did everyone else get placed in ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get the acceptance email today ?? It says that I was assigned to the Danville, PA campus for my 3rd and 4th years. Where did everyone else get placed in ?

I got the email and it said that I also got Danville, PA (I googled it and its about 2.5 hours away from Philly).

I got the email and it said that I also got Danville, PA (I googled it and its about 2.5 hours away from Philly).

Yeah I talked to the office and they said you won't be able to change the campus. They won't be able to give you an estimate of financial aid either. I guess I'll be withdrawing from Temple. Hope the spot goes to someone here.

Yeah I talked to the office and they said you won't be able to change the campus. They won't be able to give you an estimate of financial aid either. I guess I'll be withdrawing from Temple. Hope the spot goes to someone here.

What do you mean they cant give financial aid estimations? Should I call em?

What do you mean they cant give financial aid estimations? Should I call em?

Yeah call em up and clear it up, cause thats what they said to me. They said that all the institutional grants have been awarded, and as people withdraw they might become available. But they can't give any estimations on it now. I said that financial aid is a very important factor in making a decision to go to medical school, I need to compare it with my currently accepted school before making this decision. She said no can do. lol ... The FA and the Danville combined, basically made my decision for me. The only reason I was considering Temple was because of the amazing clinical years at the Temple hospital, when you take that away, there is not much to left.

Wow, so if accepted off the WL you are pretty much guaranteed to get the Danville campus and not in Philly? And there is no way to try and change that? Man, I think that would make a ton of people who would really like to go to Temple say no thanks if accepted off the waitlist. I know the clinical exposure available at the school I'm holding an acceptance at would likely be much better for my goals than that at Danville...thats a bummer to hear!

Did you call you call the office of admissions or financial aid?

Thanks for your help!

I actually wouldn't mind Danville. My family is within a few hours of there. Come on Temple!!

Did you call you call the office of admissions or financial aid?

Thanks for your help!

I called the office of admissions, they said someone will call me back, don't know it was, it might have been the dean. But you should call them yourself and inquire about it. I mean its the best way to get 100% accurate information.

Wow, so if accepted off the WL you are pretty much guaranteed to get the Danville campus and not in Philly? And there is no way to try and change that? Man, I think that would make a ton of people who would really like to go to Temple say no thanks if accepted off the waitlist. I know the clinical exposure available at the school I'm holding an acceptance at would likely be much better for my goals than that at Danville...thats a bummer to hear!

She said that the Temple campus is full. In my case, I didn't put a preference in my secondary app, since I was unaware of their different affiliates. She told me that most people off the waitlist will be put either in Danville, Pittsburgh, or Bethlehem. You can however do 4 of your electives elsewhere, but then again, you can do them at hospitals affiliated with other universities as well.

Imm waiting on temple like most of you guys here, but those worried about the off-site clinical campus rotations in your 3rd and 4th years (i didn't indicate a preferred clinical campus either :() should consider this...

Taken from the Temple Med website:

http://www.temple.edu/medicine/education/mdprograms/clinical_teaching_sites.htm

"All sites remote to the School of Medicine provide housing at no cost to the student. "

2 years of free housing?

2 years of free housing?

Eh, that's too good to be true. I bet the free housing only refers to this part of the statement: "Several other sites: Abington Memorial Hospital in Abington Township; Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown; Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown; Scranton/Temple Residency Program (Mercy and Moses Taylor Hospitals); and Reading Hospital and Medical Center in Reading offer required clerkships and subinternships and elective clerkships. For their 3rd year Family Medicine clerkship, students may be assigned to either a hospital or private practice site in Pennsylvania or nearby New Jersey." These are different from the community assignments, where you'd be spending all of years three and four, I think.

what about those of us who were not waitlisted. How do we find out where we spend our 3rd and 4th yrs at?

Eh, that's too good to be true. I bet the free housing only refers to this part of the statement: "Several other sites: Abington Memorial Hospital in Abington Township; Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown; Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown; Scranton/Temple Residency Program (Mercy and Moses Taylor Hospitals); and Reading Hospital and Medical Center in Reading offer required clerkships and subinternships and elective clerkships. For their 3rd year Family Medicine clerkship, students may be assigned to either a hospital or private practice site in Pennsylvania or nearby New Jersey." These are different from the community assignments, where you'd be spending all of years three and four, I think.

I think it might be all non-philly sites, because it says all sites remote to the SOM...so technically the only non-remote sites would be those in philly, all other sites would require students to relocate.

Congratulations to all the waitlisters who got accepted!!! wahoo!

Man, this feels like the WORST part of the application process. I'm praying for just a little more patience before i lose it and go crazy (well crazier than i already am, haha). And i don't have a really good feeling about things... so it looks like it's time to start reapplying. It's so hard to bring myself to draft another PS...the first one took everything out of me.

If you were outright accepted and you didn't specify one of those clinical campuses, my gut is that you will have the flexibility to choose the location of your rotations.

Do u guys think theres going to be more movement?

yeahhh...hmmm first time that I've been excited for a Monday

When do you folks think the waitlist will start moving again? Has anyone called to ask if there has been movement? When I ask I am told that they don't have that info.

hmmm... there probably has been at least some movement this week. Maybe the people accepted aren't SDNers?

ack! Anyways, best of luck to all of us.

(this is akin to a very painfully slow death, haha)

Hey, I just withdrew from Temple. So, another spot has opened up!

Was it slow at this time last year? Does anyone have any hypothesis on when this bitch should start picking up?

I checked out some of the old threads, and it seems like Temple only sends them out in batches once a week or so...they don't do the trickle like some schools do. It's almost been a week since they released the last few openings, so it might be getting close to time again! We can hope!

I checked out some of the old threads, and it seems like Temple only sends them out in batches once a week or so...they don't do the trickle like some schools do. It's almost been a week since they released the last few openings, so it might be getting close to time again! We can hope!

The admissions office told told me that the committee usually meets on Thursday. And last Thursday was when everyone was hearing about getting off the WL. That seems to fit with your every week theory, maybe each Thursday they decide who to pull of and make calls that afternoon ...

Must feel great to be hoping for a spot but knowing you already have an acceptance, scowdeva.

The admissions office told told me that the committee usually meets on Thursday. And last Thursday was when everyone was hearing about getting off the WL. That seems to fit with your every week theory, maybe each Thursday they decide who to pull of and make calls that afternoon ...

Must feel great to be hoping for a spot but knowing you already have an acceptance, scowdeva.

Thanks for the info!

me too! my first acceptance!

ps I'm a 29 MCAT with an 8 in VR .. it's still possible!

i heard rumors that temple was sending out emails where they committed us to our 3-4 year clinical sites. Is this true? Also, has anyone received a fin. aid package from temple yet, that is going to play a huge role in my decision.

Congratulations!

When did you guys interview? What are your stats in general?

I'm jealous!

Do you think they will let me defer my first year to do Drexel's IMS program?

What's that?

(And congrats!)

thanks!

Drexel's IMS program is a post-bacc program. I want to do that program because it offers a masters of medical science degree, although it takes two years to get. I applied in october, and i think my mind is changing a lot lately. Gotta think things through. I"m only 22, and the average matriculation age is like 24, and I think that is for a good reason too.

Congrats to rahooligan and majik1213!!!

Best of luck to the rest of us waitlistees

*crosses fingers and toes*

thanks! remember, approximately one third of temple med students got in off the wait list!

thanks! remember, approximately one third of temple med students got in off the wait list!

np. Yea, but it's so hard to keep your hopes up high for almost 1+ year. I'm going to start reapplying again next week. You just never know.

Anyways, no more depressing stuff, congrats again!