Temple?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a few questions about the waitlist that some of you might be able to answer: have any of you contacted admissions to find out how many people they waitlist? Or to know how many they tend to take? I found from past threads on here that movement starts pretty much right after May 15, but I don't know how many people they put on the list or how many they tend to pull off of it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Bumping to see if anyone can answer my questions from the previous post...and also, AzuraDragon, how did it turn out???

Waitlisted! (2nd year running) =P

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else still completing prereq courses? I interviewed late February but was told they would not make a decision until my grades from this semester were sent in. Anyone know how true this is? Seems like a huge disadvantage. Thanks!

Is anyone else still completely prereq courses? I interviewed late February but was told they would not make a decision until my grades from this semester were sent it. Anyone know how true this is? Seems like a huge disadvantage. Thanks!

Well, since at this point it is really only for a waitlist, it isn't a huge disadvantage. Actually, if you have a really nice GPA to turn it, it could work in your favor...really bust butt to get a nice final grade in the courses they plan on looking at, and get yourself higher up on that list! Good luck!

Is the "continuing candidates list" the same as the waitlist?

Is the "continuing candidates list" the same as the waitlist?

yes, but for a very small percentage it's an acceptance that they cannot offer because they're full. You cannot tell the difference (there is no pre-acceptance letter) and you'll just have to wait, hence, waitlist.

awesome song! i've been looking for who sings it .. but what in the world do you mean by your post?

My Temple status just changed today to "Correspondence Mailed." They finally got around to rejecting me! It's about time. I'm slightly disappointed I never got an interview there, since I never miss a chance to visit my friends in Philly, but I'll survive.

Hey all...

I am currently on Temple's waitlist and was wondering if anyone of the c/o 2012 has gotten in off the waitlist, and if so, how were you informed? Email/call/snail mail?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all...

I am currently on Temple's waitlist and was wondering if anyone of the c/o 2012 has gotten in off the waitlist, and if so, how were you informed? Email/call/snail mail?

Thanks!

The email from the Associate Director for Admissions on March 26th says that they'll begin pulling people from the waitlist in mid-May. That seems to indicate that nothing's going to happen until then.

Does anyone know the total cost of attendance for OOS students to Temple????

Just withdrew my acceptance. I really hope someone on SDN gets the seat :)

Just withdrew my acceptance. I really hope someone on SDN gets the seat :)

Great, thanks. Glad you were rewarded for your good deed by sweeping AI and Co. in four.

Anyone willing to indulge some obsessiveness and tell me about the status page on the Temple website? Is there anything after "Interview Complete," or is the next correspondence after that just getting a snail mail?

Anyone willing to indulge some obsessiveness and tell me about the status page on the Temple website? Is there anything after "Interview Complete," or is the next correspondence after that just getting a snail mail?

It will change to "Correspondence Mailed" once they've made a decision on you.

And as far as I can tell it will never change from that. Never ever ever ever. Sigh...

It will change to "Correspondence Mailed" once they've made a decision on you.

And as far as I can tell it will never change from that. Never ever ever ever. Sigh...

:laugh::laugh::(:(:laugh::laugh::(:(

Thanks, yeah, they have all the power in this relationship.

Too bad, Drexel breaks this period of our lives out into "with an admissions officer," "with admissions committee," and "a decision has been reached." You know what room your application is bein judged in! On the other hand, they've been taking two months post-interview.

Great, thanks. Glad you were rewarded for your good deed by sweeping AI and Co. in four.

Here's the deal:
->After "Interview Complete" comes "Correspondence Mailed," which means it's impossible that you were accepted. Accepted people get a status change on the website and an email; the status change does not say "correspondence mailed"
->Temple says they're full, as you know, so they are not offering any acceptances. What I think, however, is that they are no longer full, and that they could offer acceptances, but that they are going to do it in batches, starting shortly after 5/15. I think 5/19 is when the greatest number of wait-listed applicants will hear good news. From that point on each acceptance batch will become smaller.
->The faster your status switches from Interview Complete to Correspondence Mailed, the better your chances of getting off the wait list. Think about it like this: Suppose Temple were not full, and they decided on you within 5 days after the interview. If you were wait-listed, they would take longer because they deliberate (i.e. look at you closely, maybe they tab you for a while and look at your file a week or so later again against a new applicant pool). But nearly everyone who has received an acceptance receives word much much sooner than those who are waitlisted. Now, I am getting this from the Official Acceptance thread. The times post-interview acceptance are markedly faster than waitlisted individuals .. I'm talking like anywhere from 5-10 days contrasted to the 1+ month lag time for waitlisted individuals. Correspondence Mailed at this point may work in the same way. If they wanted to accept you, they will waitlist you quite quickly, because they know for a fact they want you, no need to spend extra time cycling your application over and over and the such. Now Temple can't offer acceptances, but I personally feel that the quicker that status changes, the better your chances of an eventual acceptance. Don't take what I say as fact; it's highly speculative. But I have read past acceptance threads and over time have come up with this conjecture. Personally, my status went from Interview Complete to Correspondence Mailed within 5 days. I am an IS applicant and I nailed the living **** out of my interview ("Why Temple?" "I want to serve PA and restore the ridiculous malpractice situation .. I also want to get my hands dirty and have top notch clinical experience" = happy interviewer). I'll let you know 5/19 whether my "gut feeling" turned out to be correct.
Let me summarize: My personal belief is that in general the sooner your status goes from Interview Complete to Correspondence Mailed, the better off you are.

About the scholarships: I got one for 12000 a year for all 4 years provided I remain in good academic standing. I know some of my classmates have scholarships of varying amounts from the school too but dont know how much they are. I don't know anything about how they choose people for these though but the offer was presented to me shortly after i was accepted.

got my "continuing candidates list" snail mail yesterday....

reggit. i got it too! :D
any idea how that list differs from the waitlist? i can't imagine that it's the same thing, otherwise why would they bother sending out wl to some ppl and continuing candidates list to others?
~h00p

reggit. i got it too! :D
any idea how that list differs from the waitlist? i can't imagine that it's the same thing, otherwise why would they bother sending out wl to some ppl and continuing candidates list to others?
~h00p

The "continuing candidates list" is just what Temple calls their waitlist.

Anyone accepted planning on not attending Temple? And what does "Bump" mean?

Anyone accepted planning on not attending Temple? And what does "Bump" mean?

There is an Official Post Accepted Withdraw Thread and an Official Post Waitlist Withdraw Thread that addresses your first question. A "bump" simply sends the thread to the top so people are more likely to see it. It is a way of giving attention to a particular thread.

hmm, i cant log into my temple application. anyone know if that means im rejected?

any other april interviewers heard back form Temple?

hmm, i cant log into my temple application. anyone know if that means im rejected?

any other april interviewers heard back form Temple?

hmm neither can i? strange, probably just a web site glitch .. but the timing couldn't be worse! I bet a lot of kids on the WL probably think this is a sign lol.

I interviewed late Feb and got placed on the WL in a couple of days thereafter.. I wonder if other people are experiencing this issue

at any rate .. i really think that it's a technical glitch and nothing more .. if I'm not mistaken Temple said they wouldn't send out their first batch until at least 5/15 has passed .. I'm expecting people will start hearing back around 5/19

I withdrew my acceptance today. Hope it goes to one of you.

if you get accepted, do they tell you on the web site?

Yea, I haven't been able to log in either...do you think that they will post it online if they accept us from the waitlist?

I am on the WL of temple and MD ..... :scared:

I withdrew from Temple and gave up my merit scholarship there. I did get a larger scholarship at another school, but it was still a TOUGH decision because I love Philly. Good luck and I'm glad that someone else who really wants to be there can get that nice bonus!

I think the reason with the website is that the Entering year of 2008 is removed. I didn't even realize this until just now. The only options that appear right now are entering 2007 and [admin]. I am neither, so I don't expect that I can log on.

Seriously, I'm in so much pain this week. I hate waiting to see if I'm accepted, but I hate the thought of not getting accepted also. And the idea of having to wait after May 15th to get off the list :(

Seriously, I'm in so much pain this week. I hate waiting to see if I'm accepted, but I hate the thought of not getting accepted also. And the idea of having to wait after May 15th to get off the list :(

i feel your pain =(

Seriously, this whole process sucks beyond imagination.

But i'm wishing you the best, hopefully something good will come your way =)

hang in there, we're almost there (sort of...)

I can logging now,,, but nothing has change:( should i be sad??

i mean i can log in to the tmo.temple.edu website

anyone hear anything from temple?
I got an e-mail telling me to update info.... I am on the WL

I got the same email, it probably is just an update request, nothing special. Send updates if you can, let them know you are interested, and keep your fingers crossed...

I am!

Anyone else not heard back from Temple post-interview?

Just found out on the status page that I am accepted off the waitlist!!!!!!! WOOOO!