Texas A&M c/o 2016 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got a call from Yolanda!! WHOOP :)
thought others on the waitlist would like to know! hope you all get good news today too!
I just got the call as well!! Hope it moves quickly for you guy!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone!!! :D Welcome to the Aggie family!

Good luck to those still waiting to hear! :luck:

Does anyone know how many on the waitlist have been called? Waiting is tough!

I was #6 and they called on Tuesday. I haven't heard anything since then. Good luck!

Does anyone know how many on the waitlist have been called? Waiting is tough!

I believe they got to #8 on Tuesday. I'm sure there will be a few more that get called after the semester is over because people did not finish and/or pass all of their prereqs.

Hello future aggie vets! My girlfriend is interested in the A&M vet school and was looking at the prerequisites and saw 5 hours of Biochemistry! I'm in medical school and didn't need to take ANY biochemistry... Is there anything that can be substituted for Biochemistry?

And the school she goes to doesn't offer Animal Nutrition, but she has taken Zoology, Animal Anatomy and Physiology, Reptile Biology, etc....can any of those work?

Thanks yall!

Hello future aggie vets! My girlfriend is interested in the A&M vet school and was looking at the prerequisites and saw 5 hours of Biochemistry! I'm in medical school and didn't need to take ANY biochemistry... Is there anything that can be substituted for Biochemistry?

And the school she goes to doesn't offer Animal Nutrition, but she has taken Zoology, Animal Anatomy and Physiology, Reptile Biology, etc....can any of those work?

Thanks yall!

I assume you looked at this page:

http://vetmed.tamu.edu/dvm/future/biochemistry-requirements

It explains what counts for Biochemistry and that 2 hours can be taken from one of three acceptable courses.

For Animal Nutrition, the only substitute is Feeds & Feeding.

But for the most accurate answer, you should have your girlfriend contact Yolanda with her questions and any specific courses (plus appropriate syllabi) to see if anything can be worked around.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks yall!

My undergrad didn't offer neither nutrition nor animal science so I ended up taking them as summer courses online at K-state. It was the only school that offered them online with the times and dates I needed. She might want to consider taking them at another university that offers them. The TAMU website also has a list of schools that offer an acceptable nutrition course. She might want to take a look at that.

Hope that helps!

howdy c/o 2016. as a hopeful for the c/o 2017 i was just curious of a couple of things:

1. admission stats
2. what you thought of the interview (hints for preparing)
3. any advice with the personal statement
4. any other advice you would give to someone about to start the whole process of applying

thanks for any help! it is greatly appreciated!

Hey guys! congrats to the c/o 2016 and best of luck to those who be applying again

I am a 20 y/o (21 in Sept) Biomedical Science major at Texas A&M and I plan on graduating with my BS in May 2013 ( graduating in three years). I will be a first time applicant and am excited and nervous all at the same time!

GPA ~3.8
LAST 45 ~3.7 (guesstimate)
SCIENCE ~3.7 (guesstimate)

is there anyone at the vet school who is available to help calculate last 45 and science gpa so I could have a more accurate number

REVISED GRE SCORES:
VERBAL 160 (600 or 610 old score)
QUANTATIVE 159 (750 old score)
ANALYTICAL 3.5 :(

I am curious to hear what people thought of the new GRE. I know the testmaker has released their 'concordance' table (the new scores they 'think' equal old scores) but I will be interested to see if this is true. I am planning on retaking the GRE due to my low analytical writing score.

ANIMAL & VET EXPERIENCE
I am currently updating my hour totals

Vet Experience:
Both SA and LA with some small exotics

Animal Experience:
Mostly SA with some LA mostly horses but some livestock

I am currently involved with a pet therapy group (visits to nursing homes, hospitals, etc). I am also working with an organization that provides hippotherapy and riding lessons to at-risk youth.

I am the proud pet-mom of a miniature poodle puppy! I am currently working with him (obedience and socialization) with the goal of participating in animal-assisted therapy.

As a Texas girl (born and raised) I am definitely applying IS to Texas A&M. I am on the fence about applying to OOS schools - tuition is just sooooooooo expensive!!!!

any help or advice from you veterans out there would be greatly appreciated!!!