Texas A&M c/o 2016 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Begin panic mode in 3....2....1.... :explode:

Members don't see this ad.

"BearKat17 Begin panic mode in 3....2....1.... :explode"
I

ME too..... :)

Lol as if we weren't panicking before ...

Members don't see this ad :)
I probably should have kept my mouth shut. Hopefully letters are really on their way. We can blame my friend if I'm wrong. :oops:

I probably should have kept my mouth shut. Hopefully letters are really on their way. We can blame my friend if I'm wrong. :oops:

lol! no... Thank you so much for the info. I rather have information than not.. even if its not certian. I'm glad you let us know ;)

A current Texas A&M undergrad student told me that a professor from the Admissions committee told her that acceptance letters were sent out yesterday. Don't know her source, but that's what she told me.
Good luck everyone!

They were sent out Tuesday. ;) (Not revealing my source, but trust me. They're legit.)

Good luck everyone! :thumbup: :xf: I may be leaving TAMU, but I'll always be an Aggie, and it's a fantastic family to be a part of!

They were sent out Tuesday. ;) (Not revealing my source, but trust me. They're legit.)

Good luck everyone! :thumbup: :xf: I may be leaving TAMU, but I'll always be an Aggie, and it's a fantastic family to be a part of!

:eek: :scared: :xf::boom:.... that about expains it lol. Guess I'll be making daily trips to the Post office now Yikes!! Thanks for the info asuprevet and jalyndani

I'm really confused. I thought we were supposed to get them over Spring Break. I heard the Dean just got the list of those accepted yesterday. (Not that I wouldn't mind getting them early! :D.)

I'm really confused. I thought we were supposed to get them over Spring Break. I heard the Dean just got the list of those accepted yesterday. (Not that I wouldn't mind getting them early! :D.)

I was thinking that too... So I don't know. Still going to check the mail everyday in hopes that we hear something soon !!

Just found a fellow Aggie got her letter of acceptance today, so I guess they're coming out!!!

I assume this person is IS and in college station?

Yeah, people in college station got their letters today... So I'm going to the mail box tomorrow after class!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are only acceptance letters sent out? Or waitlist letters as well? And are we FOR SURE that they are out?!?!?! :eek: I've just been going crazy this whole time :bang:

Yeah, people in college station got their letters today... So I'm going to the mail box tomorrow after class!

ACK! I put down my home address, and since that's also in TX, I'm hoping to hear news tomorrow!

Good luck!

I only heard one person's news specifically, so I'm not sure if they're sending all news out at once or just acceptance news.

I've only heard from a couple of people with acceptances so far. I don't know if waitlist/rejections are sent out at the same time though...

I've only heard from a couple of people with acceptances so far. I don't know if waitlist/rejections are sent out at the same time though...

So then are only kids from College Station hearing back? Or did all the IS letters get sent out? Still kinda going crazy waiting to hear... :boom:

So then are only kids from College Station hearing back? Or did all the IS letters get sent out? Still kinda going crazy waiting to hear... :boom:

I'm assuming all the IS letters went out. I dnk if just acceptances or all of them though

This is my first time to post. I live in the Dallas area and got my acceptance letter today! Good luck everybody!

What a fantastic first post! Thanks for the info!

This is my first time to post. I live in the Dallas area and got my acceptance letter today! Good luck everybody!

Congrats!!

I wish I could sit by my mailbox today.. unfortunately I'm at work. :rolleyes:

But I'll be checking later today. Even if it's a "no" i just want to get over this waiting...

Saw this thread blowing up, so I just decided to run home on my lunch break rather than eat to check the mail and I AM IN! Ahhhh!!! So excited! Good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those of you who already know! :)

jlindp where are you? I'm hoping someone from Houston will post so that I will know letters are in the vacinity. Also, big envelope of little?

jlindp where are you? I'm hoping someone from Houston will post so that I will know letters are in the vacinity.

Just got my acceptance letter!!!!! :soexcited:

I'm from El Paso so the letters have already made it to far west Texas if if helps.

Saw this thread blowing up, so I just decided to run home on my lunch break rather than eat to check the mail and I AM IN! Ahhhh!!! So excited! Good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those of you who already know! :)

Congrats!!! its so hard to focus now thinking about the mailbox lol

Just got my acceptance letter!!!!! :soexcited:

I'm from El Paso so the letters have already made it to far west Texas if if helps.

I'm from El Paso too (originally)!! I'm down in Huntsville right now though

I'm from El Paso too (originally)!! I'm down in Huntsville right now though

Why have we not met each other before?!? LOL...its nice to know that someone else from my hometown applied. :)

And CONGRATS to everyone who got in! :D

Congrats!! Dangit.. I really want to go check the mail now lol

I talked to the vet I work for the other day and told her I might apply to TAMU this coming cycle. She told me that they are very lenient for IS students, but for OOS, they reject you right away if you don't have at least a 3.9 GPA.

Is this true? Any OOS students get an interview with less than a 3.9 GPA?

Thanks!!! So excited to meet everyone!!

I thought I'd join in the celebration! I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER TODAY TOO! :D! Congratulations to everyone who made it in!!!

PS. Does anyone know if there's an official FB group that is made?

Oh my goodness! Congrats everyone!!

So I'm like super super anxious. I just saw all these posts and feel so far away from Texas right now. I'm having my mail forwarded here in Missouri so I have NO IDEA how long it will take to get here....if I got in of course. I just want to know!!! (Like pulling off a band-aid :/ ) Do you accept online? Does it show up on the applicant site? Any email of any sort? This is killing me!!!

Oh my goodness! Congrats everyone!!

So I'm like super super anxious. I just saw all these posts and feel so far away from Texas right now. I'm having my mail forwarded here in Missouri so I have NO IDEA how long it will take to get here....if I got in of course. I just want to know!!! (Like pulling off a band-aid :/ ) Do you accept online? Does it show up on the applicant site? Any email of any sort? This is killing me!!!

I'm :xf: that you get yours soon!! They send an acceptance form along with a bunch of other forms to send back to them. So its nothing online, unfortunately. I hope you hear somehting soon!! :luck:

I thought I'd join in the celebration! I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER TODAY TOO! :D! Congratulations to everyone who made it in!!!

PS. Does anyone know if there's an official FB group that is made?

yay!!! Congrats!!! I haven't heard or seen any official FB group yet

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in! So excited to meet all of you! :woot:

I haven't seen a Facebook group yet either, but I'm sure one will be created soon.

I talked to the vet I work for the other day and told her I might apply to TAMU this coming cycle. She told me that they are very lenient for IS students, but for OOS, they reject you right away if you don't have at least a 3.9 GPA.

I had a 3.85 (unweighted) GPA and GRE score of 1190.

congratulations guys!!! its gonna be an amazing ride!!

if any of y'all are wait listed I can answer any questions related to that....I was on a wait list last year and can give you some information that might ease your anxiety...since your wait will continue!

good luck with everything and see y'all in the fall :)

Define the phrase, "very lenient". I'm a Texas resident- and a 2x graduate of TAMU- and have been rejected without an interview twice. I don't consider them lenient in any sense of the word. I have known for years, however, that they accept very few OOS students; it's something like 10 per class. But yes, anyone not from the state of Texas needs stellar stats to be considered and make it past the computer ranking system.

congratulations guys!!! its gonna be an amazing ride!!

if any of y'all are wait listed I can answer any questions related to that....I was on a wait list last year and can give you some information that might ease your anxiety...since your wait will continue!

good luck with everything and see y'all in the fall :)

Yeah, I'm on the wait list and having mixed feelings about it. :confused:

I'm at #11 and I can't decide if it's realistic to hope I'll still manage to squeak in or not, and I'm going nuts wondering when I'll find out either way! Anything you can say about how wait list works would help me keep from pulling out what little hair I have left on my head :laugh:

Yeah, I'm on the wait list and having mixed feelings about it. :confused:

I'm at #11 and I can't decide if it's realistic to hope I'll still manage to squeak in or not, and I'm going nuts wondering when I'll find out either way! Anything you can say about how wait list works would help me keep from pulling out what little hair I have left on my head :laugh:

I was waited last year, but I was first on the waitlist so I don't really remember what number they got to. I want to say last year it was to 14 maybe?? You can probably search for last year's thread and find out. I got a call a few days before the deadline to send in acceptances in April. The waitlist is only for instate students. So any out of state students who decline, that spot will go to an instate waitlister. At least that's how it was last year. I hope that helps. I believe the usually call somewhere around 10 people. Sometimes more. It varies from year to year. I would suggest working on your back up plan. But also staying opptimistic (I know that's hard). I think you still have a shot at getting in, but I also suggest having a plan in case you don't.

How many people are on the waitlist? How many people usually get pulled off historically?

How many people are on the waitlist? How many people usually get pulled off historically?

I'm not sure how long the waitlist is but they usually pull around 10. I think last year's there says how many were called. I want to say it was 14?