Texas A&M c/o 2019 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Way behind on the process guys!! Trying to breatheeee lol!! I have a couple Q's! On the coursework, the credit hours...is that your grade score times your units? So like if a class was 4.0 semester units, and I got an A-...that would be (4.0)(3.7)= 14.8 ? Like how you do it on VMCAS? Im confused.... please help!!
I think the credit hours is literally the number of hours credit you got for the course - ie, a lecture is usually 3 on a semester system, a lab is 1 or 2...or lab and lecture combined can be 4-5. Don't multiply it by your GPA - they will do that when they calculate your totals. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the credit hours is literally the number of hours credit you got for the course - ie, a lecture is usually 3 on a semester system, a lab is 1 or 2...or lab and lecture combined can be 4-5. Don't multiply it by your GPA - they will do that when they calculate your totals. Good luck!

perfect thank you so much for your help!! I was totally over thinking it! :)

Another question!!! Okay so for all the experiences....it says to list in multiple sections if necessary... SOOOO lets say for a paid vet assistant job... that would get listed under 1. vet exp 2. employment 3.animal experience ??? It seems solo excessive! I have also worked way to many jobs!! hahaha please help me! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
When I applied last year, I only put my experiences in one of the categories. I was told my an AdCom member to not double dip, despite what TMDSAS says. If you're concerned, I'd contact Yolanda or someone else in the admissions office.

Good luck c/o 2019 hopefuls! I LOVE this school, the faculty, and my classmates! Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions--I'll try to get back as quickly as possible. We have 4 exams over the next 7 days, so I may be slow to respond this week.

Reactions: 1 user
cool thank you! yeah it just seem so excessive! I just sent Yolanda an email! Anyone else applying this cycle have an opinion on this??

Hi there! First time applicant and while I have already submitted my application, I have a few questions. I noticed that there is an academic total they calculate, which led me to the following questions.

1. Do they consider overall GPA to include all classes (summer school, online) and then take off points later in the academic rigor section?
2. What in the world goes into Science GPA?? Is it just the BCPM GPA or would they add in classes like animal science/animal nutrition/BIMS 101?
3. I am still in undergrad so is my "Last 45 hours" the classes I am currently taking this year or the last 45 I took before applying?

Thank you for the help!

I agree, I definitely tried not to double dip when filling out vet exp/animal exp/ etc.

I did list employment activities twice if they pertained to animals (ie, working as a vet tech and my research) - once under "Employment" and once under the other category to which it belongs (ie, "Research" for paid positions in labs). I thought about that a lot, but I decided it was important to show that it was both animal related AND that I was paid for it (which in my mind imparts a degree more weight to an experience, as you have certain expectations and responsibilities as an employee that you don't have as a volunteer). Totally personal preference, and it only came up for two entries, but that was the best way I could figure out to handle that.

Good luck!

I agree, I definitely tried not to double dip when filling out vet exp/animal exp/ etc.

I did list employment activities twice if they pertained to animals (ie, working as a vet tech and my research) - once under "Employment" and once under the other category to which it belongs (ie, "Research" for paid positions in labs). I thought about that a lot, but I decided it was important to show that it was both animal related AND that I was paid for it (which in my mind imparts a degree more weight to an experience, as you have certain expectations and responsibilities as an employee that you don't have as a volunteer). Totally personal preference, and it only came up for two entries, but that was the best way I could figure out to handle that.

Good luck!
Thank you! :)

Quick question....on the Texas A&M supplemental app, there is a spot under general info that says, "Please list and briefly describe any additional animal or veterinary experiences that you did not have room for on the TMDSAS application." Would it be terrible to leave this part blank if I feel like I fit most everything on the TMDAS app?

Quick question....on the Texas A&M supplemental app, there is a spot under general info that says, "Please list and briefly describe any additional animal or veterinary experiences that you did not have room for on the TMDSAS application." Would it be terrible to leave this part blank if I feel like I fit most everything on the TMDAS app?
I had the same question about it. I had nothing else to add in that section. I left it blank too.

Also left it blank.

Good luck everyone. We need to wait until the school receives application info from TMDSAS before we can confirm the application (on the supplemental app page), right?

Good luck everyone. We need to wait until the school receives application info from TMDSAS before we can confirm the application (on the supplemental app page), right?

That's how I took it.

Members don't see this ad :)

I left mine blank because I listed EVERYTHING in my TMDSAS app

I left it blank as well. I would not worry to much about it. This is my second time apply to A&M now that all my prerequisites are finished. Good luck! Hope we are future classmates!

So... about the biochemistry, it's only required 3 credits hours, right?

I talked to my pre-vet advisor, she said she's not sure. She gonna call A&M.

I like that TMDSAS is allowing evaluators to submit online, but one of my evaluators is having so many problems. Is anyone else having issues?

Only issue for me was I had to remind one of my evaluator for the one and a half month. She finally uploaded it 3 days before application closed. No other technical issue. whewww.

Applying here! It's my instate and my number #1 choice. Good luck guys.

Same here. Only school I applied. :s

Still waiting for my TMDSAS application to link up with the supplemental application on the TAMU website...

If I'm struggling to have patience for this, then the next few months are going to be oh so challenging..

Still waiting for my TMDSAS application to link up with the supplemental application on the TAMU website...

If I'm struggling to have patience for this, then the next few months are going to be oh so challenging..

I got an email Monday that TMDSAS has sent my app to TAMU. I just looked on the TAMU website and it still says they haven't received it. Don't stress over it. I'm sure they have a bajillion applications to go thru.

TMDSAS sent my application to TAMU on Wed and TAMU has posted they have received my app on Friday. I assumed that by now, everyone's app should be transmitted to TAMU already. So, by Dec 19 we should know if we get invited for interview, right?

My bad.... I just checked TMDSAS. They are processing applicatons submitted on Sep 25.

TMDSAS sent my application to TAMU on Wed and TAMU has posted they have received my app on Friday. I assumed that by now, everyone's app should be transmitted to TAMU already. So, by Dec 19 we should know if we get invited for interview, right?

I submitted my application to TMDSAS on Sept 18 and it finally linked to TAMU yesterday. Cheers to waiting :bag:

Submitted mine on Sept 23rd and it linked to TAMU last night. Whoop.

Just joined the thread but I have been reading all your posts! Best of luck to all!

Has any of you checked the interview page on TAMU?
http://vetmed.tamu.edu/dvm/future/interview

After login, I saw my name there but without interview date/time. Just not sure if the name will be added on interview page automatically when TMDSAS link the application to TAMU.

Today marked the official halfway mark for the first semester!

Time seriously does fly by. In a blink of an eye, y'all will be where I'm at now! Hoping December brings some very happy news to all of you! :)

Reactions: 1 users

Time seriously does fly by. In a blink of an eye, y'all will be where I'm at now! Hoping December brings some very happy news to all of you! :)
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm still waiting for my GRE score to link up to the supplemental application. Everything else has linked, so I'm trying to not be a worry wart about it :happy:

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm still waiting for my GRE score to link up to the supplemental application. Everything else has linked, so I'm trying to not be a worry wart about it :happy:

Same here.....those peskey scores;)

Okay so TMDAS sent my app to TAMU on 10/21, but on my supplemental page it says it has not been received yet....anyone else have this problem? Does it take a few days for them to put it in? Getting worried.....

Epi, did you just start at A&M? Silly goose. If you had gone two years earlier I could have taught you in path lab ;)

Okay so TMDAS sent my app to TAMU on 10/21, but on my supplemental page it says it has not been received yet....anyone else have this problem? Does it take a few days for them to put it in? Getting worried.....

I think it took ten days or so before mine linked up.

Epi, did you just start at A&M? Silly goose. If you had gone two years earlier I could have taught you in path lab ;)

It took me longer than most to decide to take the plunge. But I'm very glad I did (so far, haha). Sorry to have missed you! Do you know who's teaching lab now?

I know the second and third year residents, the newbies not sure. They're all really good people. The pathologists themselves are a hoot too.

I'm looking forward to the coming years! I haven't met a professor/clinician yet that I didn't like. I know they exist, but so far so good. I've attended a bunch of rounds already (ZEW, cardiology, food animal, equine), but I haven't seen anything about path rounds. If I can figure out when they happen, I'd love to attend! Maybe I should contact the path club officers.

It took almost 2 weeks for my GRE scores to show on TAMU page.

Howdy yall! Could somebody link me to where it discusses your primary school for admissions? I "command F"d the entire admissions link list and only found "primary language".

I just opened a letter saying I met all the preprofessional course requirements, which is exciting!!
I know, I know, I shouldn't get too worked up over this piece of information, but at least I know that the interpersonal speech class I took counts, and that I won't have to take another speech course next semester. Hooray!

I hope everyone else is doing well, and that the waiting isn't killing anyone!

PS prxm08 I'd try searching by an alternative name to primary school, just because (and maybe I'm having a brain muffin here) I don't really know which school you're referring to when you say primary school..Undergraduate institution?

Hey.... good for you. I got the letter too, but it's saying I still need Biochem and Stat. (I'm taking it this semester). And they want me to send the updated transcript with those two classes by Jan 14.

Hey.... good for you. I got the letter too, but it's saying I still need Biochem and Stat. (I'm taking it this semester). And they want me to send the updated transcript with those two classes by Jan 14.
Is this an email you got or an actual letter?

**Nevermind, I just got mine in the mail. lol**

Last edited:
Got my letter today, and only two classes were missing (statistics and animal nutrition), which I expected. This whole waiting process is killing me!! :lurking:
I was not born with an ounce of patience! Good luck to everyone!! :)

Last edited:
Hooray! I'm so excited for everyone, and I wasn't born with patience either, Maddiegirl. It's even worse to know we have to wait longer after the interview!

Speaking of, I just realized today that we have a tad over a month before we know if we will get the opportunity to interview. This made me both excited and a little sick to my stomach.

EEP!:xf:

Got my letter today as well. Meeting all requirements. Now the waiting game....Good luck to everyone.:smuggrin:

Hooray! I'm so excited for everyone, and I wasn't born with patience either, Maddiegirl. It's even worse to know we have to wait longer after the interview!

Speaking of, I just realized today that we have a tad over a month before we know if we will get the opportunity to interview. This made me both excited and a little sick to my stomach.

EEP!:xf:

Yes, I've been trying to not think about it...my stomach rolls every time I think about getting an interview or not getting an interview...the last 4 years of my life have been leading up to this point. I'm excited that it's here, but terrified for either outcome.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
One more month, the suspense is killing me! :depressed:
Good luck!

Still waiting to get my letter that everyone else got about pre-req completion! Sooo impatient lol!!! Even for just a pre-req letter!!! HAHAHAHHA !! Going crazyyyy.:rofl: