Texas A&M c/o 2019 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All this down time for holidays makes waiting so much worse!! Anyone else with me? Can't wait to find out…
At least there are finals and a zillion lab reports to distract us from the the wait, right?? :arghh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Yea I've got three exams coming up this week and then finals, so I haven't had much time to frantically obsess about the wait this weekend. Unless of course you count the 463 times I looked at the TAMU web site. :bookworm:

Good luck everyone! Dec. 19th is right around the bend! :heckyeah:

Do guys think not having all the perquisites automatically rejects you, even though you have until May of next year to tkae the classes you need? I still need statistics and need to retake my speech because it didn't count (took it at a community college :thumbdown:)

How is everybody holding up?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do guys think not having all the perquisites automatically rejects you, even though you have until May of next year to tkae the classes you need? I still need statistics and need to retake my speech because it didn't count (took it at a community college :thumbdown:)

How is everybody holding up?!

You will not be rejected for not having completed your prerequisites. That said, you do get an additional 6 points for having all prereqs completed prior to application...I guess, technically, those 6 points could be the difference between getting an interview or not. Or an acceptance or not.

And it doesn't matter if you take the speech course at a CC or not. You just need to make sure it is the appropriate class. Most anything that can be taken in your freshman or sophomore year (i.e. 100 or 200-levels) has a Texas Common Course Number. Just be sure whatever speech course you take has the correct course number. As mentioned above, for the speech class, it must match SPCH 1315 or 1321.

Good luck all! Only a few more weeks of waiting! (At least the first round! :p)

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know which days interviews will be held?

Our TVMA rep sent out an email requesting volunteers for interview weekend and gave us the dates of 1/9 and 1/10. However, the CVM calendar lists 1/16 as the "projected start date for interviews." This calendar has been known to be wrong in the past.

Reactions: 3 users
Our TVMA rep sent out an email requesting volunteers for interview weekend and gave us the dates of 1/9 and 1/10. However, the CVM calendar lists 1/16 as the "projected start date for interviews." This calendar has been known to be wrong in the past.

Thank you. Always wonderful to have just a little bit of insider information :) Do they typically just interview one weekend, or are there a few weekends of interviews?

Just one weekend. They have sessions running all day long with about 12 applicants per session. They typically interview around 200 people.

An interview on my birthday would be the absolute BEST present EVER!!!!! :angelic:

Does anyone know which days interviews will be held?

In the past it is always the weekend before the school semester starts at Texas A&M. So check out their academic calendar. I think its Jan 10 and 11 this year.

The waiting stinks for me because I finished my classes this past summer and I have been just working full time. I wish I had finals, projects, papers or something to do besides wait!:wideyed:

Reactions: 1 user
The waiting stinks for me because I finished my classes this past summer and I have been just working full time. I wish I had finals, projects, papers or something to do besides wait!:wideyed:
No, no you don't. It's somewhat more stressful because these classes are being used in consideration for acceptance at some schools. I'd rather already be done and working to keep my mind off of anything academic.

No, no you don't. It's somewhat more stressful because these classes are being used in consideration for acceptance at some schools. I'd rather already be done and working to keep my mind off of anything academic.
Exactly. I'm so distracted by waiting. Even after doing this last year. It's still so hard to focus on school!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have never been so stressed out in my life. Three exams this week, finals next week. Cannot focus.
I wish all I had to do was go to work. Trying to study for an exam knowing it could "make or break" my dream is killing me. I think I will have an ulcer before this is over.

I'm about to graduate and so excited to get undergrad out of the way. Looking forward to veterinary school!!!

Attachments

• gown.jpg
    gown.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: 5 users
I marked December 19th on my work calendar as "An Emotional Day for Jess", so everyone will be ready for a potential meltdown.
I'm either going to be uber depressed or so ecstatic that I'm slightly, temporarily unstable, so I figured I should warn the people that have to put up with me.

I'm glad I'm working full time, or else time would be trickling by. At the same time, I wish I had more things to occupy my mind, so I didn't spend my spare time counting down the minutes...

I hope everyone is fairing well! The next step is so close! :naughty:

It's getting so close! I am already obsessively checking the interview page (even though I know it probably won't tell me anything until the 19th). I'm glad I have finals this week or else I would be an absolute mess. But next week I'll be at home with my parents with nothing to do besides freak myself out. . . .

(I've been creeping on this forum for a while. I figured I might as well actually join in the conversation!)

Welcome to the forum.
I have final exam this week too. Im trying to focus on studying but don't do a good job on that. I keep thinking that i will get interview invitation but the other side of my mind asking what if not? Sigh..... i stop checking the interview page but instead i check SDN forum. I feel better to know that I'm not alone.

Its weird to know that our fate could be decided in roughly 11 days! aghhhh. I just want to hurry through finals so we can know. Not knowing is the worst part! I just want them to post it early! It would only be 11 days at this point...

I wonder if they pick of certain amount of males and females to determine ratio of those being interviewed and those moving forward after the interview. I feel that the committee is pretty objective as far as selecting based on stats and score, but I often wonder if they have to draw the line between male and females. Such as if they pick a number of males to compete with one another and the remainder of seats are for females to compete. This would be the only way to keep diversity with respect to male and females, which would make it even more competitive for the female applicant pool since not many males apply to veterinary school anymore.

I am the only one who can't focus more than 20 minutes on studying for finals??!? This wait is killing me.

On a more positive note, I was tooling around on here the other day looking at old posts, and it was refreshing to see how many current vet students (some veterinarians) were previously in our shoes and made it. We just have to keep our chins up and stay the course. We got this! If we don't make it this year, we'll dust ourselves off, find out why we didn't make the cut and try again. The only failure in this world is not trying. I think we can all agree that none of us are failures whether we get in or we don't! :)

Reactions: 5 users
I am also graduating, but I finished up all my classwork yesterday. I feel like today is the most anxiety-inducing day of my life so far. I'm just freaking out about interviews. I'm glad to know that it seems like no one else has heard anything. Anyone know what the earliest contact time they've done in the past is? They say you will know BY the 19th...that's a bit ambiguous. Wishing they would contact early.

Anyone know what the earliest contact time they've done in the past is? They say you will know BY the 19th...that's a bit ambiguous. Wishing they would contact early.

It's possible to hear a little earlier. Looking back on past threads ('cause I clearly don't want to be studying right now, haha), Class of 2016 was told they'd hear by 12/22 and ended up receiving interview invites on 12/20. Class of 2017 was told by 12/21 and though a few were able to check the interview portal on 12/20, e-mails were sent 12/21. Our class was told 12/20 and we received e-mails on 12/20.

I'd just assume 12/19, since they've been on time the last two cycles. It's not that far away, though it may seem like time is dragging on!

It's possible to hear a little earlier. Looking back on past threads ('cause I clearly don't want to be studying right now, haha), Class of 2016 was told they'd hear by 12/22 and ended up receiving interview invites on 12/20. Class of 2017 was told by 12/21 and though a few were able to check the interview portal on 12/20, e-mails were sent 12/21. Our class was told 12/20 and we received e-mails on 12/20.

I'd just assume 12/19, since they've been on time the last two cycles. It's not that far away, though it may seem like time is dragging on!
Thanks! That eases my worries a little bit. I have a set day to look forward to rather than wondering if people are finding out early.

Do you know if the rejection letter and interview invitation be sent out at the same time?

Yes, they both come the same day via email. :)

One week from today, y'all! Too bad finals are over so I have nothing else to obsess over for the next 7 days...:scared:

I have one more final tomorrow and then nothing. I think I'd rather have more finals than have to sit and drive myself (even more) mad with anxiety!

One more final on Monday, and then nothing for the rest of the week.

I could turn checking my status into a drinking game...every time I check, I will just have to take a shot... That should make the week interesting! :cool:

I'm done with final exam yesterday. Now trying to go out for xmas shopping so i keep my mind busy. Good luck everyone.

Quick question for those of you who have been through the application process before, I called the school today asking about my prerequisites since I never got a letter in the mail. They confirmed that I was all set and also said that they will be sending out letters with interview invites this week. Is this correct that they only inform you by mail? Should it also show up on the interview page by this Friday? Thanks!

Unless they've changed something this year, you will get an e-mail and snail mail. The e-mail should come on Friday. I don't remember when I got my snail mail letter, but it was definitely after the e-mail.

And yes, it'll show up on the interview page--but I couldn't access the interview page until after I'd gotten my e-mail.

Great, thanks! Mail seems to be traveling very slowly from Texas to Connecticut. Anxiously waiting for Friday now!

Also, last year OOSers were able to check their portals sooner than ISers. Assuming you're OOS, @delilahdirt.

IS! Just randomly logged in and there was a date and time listed. Am I safe to assume I do in fact have an interview?

Yep! The time slot would be blank if you were not offered an interview.

Whoo! I'll be coming back 1/9! I'd be happy to give tours of campus, town, whatever! I'm also open to letting anyone crash on my couch if they want to save on a room or whatever. I have a cat and a dog. I'm also 3 minutes from the vet school.

Congrats!

Fortunately I'm just in Huntsville, but a tour or coffee or something would be great!

I'd be happy to meet up!

Also, would those of you who received an interview post your stats or PM me?

OOS, no interview time. this makes 0-3 for me. :( really really wanted texas.

OOS, no interview time. this makes 0-3 for me. :( really really wanted texas.

Oh, Hollista. I'm so sorry. Please be sure to do the file review at A&M. I've heard it's very helpful and they'll even tell you where you ranked. I'd also be happy to help you out with application stuff next year if you end up reapplying.

Jan 9th too!!!!! my hands are still shaking....