Texas A&M C/O 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Castlebuiltwithroses

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread for A&M this cycle so here is it. They said the interview invites would go out by November 19th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is my first time applying IS. I heard that they are already sending decline offers.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m guessing it’s to people who probably didn’t meet the initial application requirements

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they previously sent out rolling invites for interviews or is it all right before Nov 19th?

Does anyone know if they previously sent out rolling invites for interviews or is it all right before Nov 19th?
In the past, all interview invites went out on the same day.

last year they did not do interviews, but they said this year we should know by November 19

They all go out at once and all the interviews are evaluated together, there's no rolling interview or rolling admit

Tomorrow will be one week until INVITES go out! any one else freaking out?!

I’m nervous how do you feel about the interview format this year?

wait are we expecting invites to go out tomorrow??? Did they give us a date?

Members don't see this ad :)
I never got one that gave the specific day I don't think. The one I have says " Late November" so I guess I didn't get the same email?

First time OOS, good luck everyone! Tomorrow is the day (hopefully lol)!!

Has anybody heard anything? Or know around when emails will be sent out?

IS, second time applicant and got the interview invite

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in state but have not received an email. I know one person who got an email telling her that she would not be interviewed, so it seems they are sending an email no matter what. Has anyone else IS not received an email at all yet?

IS and no email here either. I am locked out of my TMDSAS account as well (I wanted to double check my contact info they had on file)

I'm in state but have not received an email. I know one person who got an email telling her that she would not be interviewed, so it seems they are sending an email no matter what. Has anyone else IS not received an email at all yet?
Did it go to your spam or junk mail by chance? It is from a new email.

I’m OOS— checked both emails in both inbox and spam. Nothing yet! So stressed :(

Did it go to your spam or junk mail by chance? It is from a new email.
Yes, checked spam. Nothing there! I've heard from a few other people who haven't received an email either way yet. Very strange.

Just got my email! Got offered an interview!

Ouch. TAMU is my IS and I got the email this weekend (while on vacation...) that I was rejected without interview. Given that I thought I had the best shot at getting into A&M and I've been roundly refused, I really do not have high hopes for what the other schools' admissions committees will tell me. So it's a big yikes from me at the moment.
Going into this admissions cycle I felt really good about my GPAs and my CASPER score, so either I was way overconfident or it's... just my personality, I guess. If any of you guys wouldn't mind sharing your stats so I can sort of gauge for next admissions cycle I would appreciate it.

• Care
Ouch. TAMU is my IS and I got the email this weekend (while on vacation...) that I was rejected without interview. Given that I thought I had the best shot at getting into A&M and I've been roundly refused, I really do not have high hopes for what the other schools' admissions committees will tell me. So it's a big yikes from me at the moment.
Going into this admissions cycle I felt really good about my GPAs and my CASPER score, so either I was way overconfident or it's... just my personality, I guess. If any of you guys wouldn't mind sharing your stats so I can sort of gauge for next admissions cycle I would appreciate it.
Please hang in there. Not all schools look for the same things in their applicants, so not getting an invite from TAMU doesn't mean you won't elsewhere. We've all been hearing about how competitive it is this year - a lot of exceptionally qualified applicants didn't get interview invites. It just really sucks that you happened to be one of them.

I really am sorry. I know it's heartbreaking. I hope the rest of this cycle goes better for you.

Reactions: 4 users
I was rejected to TAMU and all 8 of my other schools I applied to last year. This year I've had two interview invites but I worked really hard on trying to be a better applicant. Last year I hadn't graduated yet. Now I have my diploma, I doubled my vet hours, and I'm in an MS program doing research. Don't let this rejection discourage you, like others said it doesn't mean you won't get in anywhere else. But even if you don't, as long as you always work towards showing you're improving schools will notice you.

Personally, though I'm getting interviews this year I am not that hopeful that I will get in and I am already lining up what I'll be doing this summer to improve my application after I get my MS degree. But the interviews invites show I am moving in the right direction and I'm going to keep trying.

Also as a side note, I don't really think stats mean too much so while they can be a guide on where to improve, don't treat them as the end all be all. A majority of the people who apply are well qualified for the position and you likely are too, but because of that, it's somewhat of a crapshoot as to who gets picked. Showing growth and resilience will make you stick out from the crowd so while it's difficult news to hear now, if you stick with it and work hard I think you'll have a lot of opportunities next cycle or onward.

Thank you guys-- by the time I apply next cycle (if needed; I'm currently operating under the assumption I won't get in anywhere) I will have more vet experience, though still not a bunch, and will have a master's degree as well which will pull my GPA up a bit. I'm not super concerned about my GPA though since it's already pretty good (3.89). I have some hope since I feel the eLORs are more representative of me than filling out the evaluation forms for TMDSAS and I think my VMCAS SOP was better than my TMDSAS overall, but who knows.

This is my 5th time applying to TAMU and this is the only cycle I’ve ever been invited to interview and my GPA is the same as last year. Last year was the first time I received interviews and ended up on 3 waitlists, but was never called off one. I’ve been applying to vet school since 2014 and working to improve my app ever since. I also got both my BS and MS from TAMU. Just hang in there and don’t loose hope! Good luck! 💕

P.S.: I don’t recommend grad school if your intentions are going to vet school. Only go if thats your backup plan. Some schools don’t even take grad school grades into consideration. If I had to do it over, I’d just go straight from undergrad to retaking prereq coursework. This was the only thing that got the schools interested in me and interviewing me. This is just my experice so take it with a grain of salt!

This is my 5th time applying to TAMU and this is the only cycle I’ve ever been invited to interview and my GPA is the same as last year. Last year was the first time I received interviews and ended up on 3 waitlists, but was never called off one. I’ve been applying to vet school since 2014 and working to improve my app ever since. I also got both my BS and MS from TAMU. Just hang in there and don’t loose hope! Good luck! 💕

P.S.: I don’t recommend grad school if your intentions are going to vet school. Only go if thats your backup plan. Some schools don’t even take grad school grades into consideration. If I had to do it over, I’d just go straight from undergrad to retaking prereq coursework. This was the only thing that got the schools interested in me and interviewing me. This is just my experice so take it with a grain of salt!
Thanks! My master's program is in shelter medicine so it's something I would want to do regardless since my whole career plan is based on working in shelters. Even if I never get into vet school, shelter stuff is where my heart is so I wanted to do it either way. Plus, apparently shelter med isn't covered much in vet school so learning it in my master's is invaluable. I'm also about 3/4 of the way done so no backing out now!

Don’t beat yourself up! I was rejected last year and am currently a first year at OSU. They really do all look at different things - the OOS applicant pool I was chosen from (including all waitlist offers) was more competitive than A&M IS. Just wait and see.

Just a comment, since I know you're feeling down about this (and fairly so - it's a difficult and emotional process). I have a classmate who apparently applied 6 times before she was accepted (I truly hope she doesn't read this and/or hate me for it!). I honestly have no idea why it took so long. She's brilliant, exceptionally hard-working, poised, experienced, articulate, fun to be around... everything you would want in a vet student. Looking at our class, I would think she'd be one of the first people selected for admission. And maybe she was, but she was denied in the previous cycles. I don't know why they passed her over, or what changed their minds, but the thing is... it likely isn't personal. I know it feels like it is, because that application has your heart and soul and itemized lists of nearly the entirety of your life. But it's not. I'm quite sure if they'd had the opportunity to spend a day with this classmate, she'd already be a few years into practice right now. It's quite possible it's the same for you (and all the other people who were kind enough to speak up here).

It sucks because it's disappointing and expensive and now your life is in limbo. You're certainly allowed to mourn that. I just hope you can move past the feeling that it's something about you. This doesn't define you - it's just hard to make your pages of electronic text stand out amongst all the others.

Thanks! My master's program is in shelter medicine so it's something I would want to do regardless since my whole career plan is based on working in shelters. Even if I never get into vet school, shelter stuff is where my heart is so I wanted to do it either way. Plus, apparently shelter med isn't covered much in vet school so learning it in my master's is invaluable. I'm also about 3/4 of the way done so no backing out now!
I found this YouTube podcast. It’s from 2 years ago but I am sure most of the content is relative. He is interviewing the board members who are a part of the selection process along with the admissions person. It’s a great listen and may help you have a better idea of what they are looking for and what they are thinking during the selection process!

Is anyone going to go to their irl meeting in January? I am for sure going to go but I had a random question..what should I wear? are we thinking business professional? business casual?

Is anyone going to go to their irl meeting in January? I am for sure going to go but I had a random question..what should I wear? are we thinking business professional? business casual?
I'm supposed to assist with that event, so if they don't give you any information when you sign up, I can find out. My impression was that it's supposed to be kind of a fun way to see things and tour, so I would guess comfortable clothing.

is the interview open from 9 to 12 but you have to sign in by 11 to get it done? So like sign in anytime between 9 and 11? or are there assigned times for us to do it within that time frame?

is the interview open from 9 to 12 but you have to sign in by 11 to get it done? So like sign in anytime between 9 and 11? or are there assigned times for us to do it within that time frame?
The way the e-mail reads (to me) is that you must sign in between 9am and 11am and complete it in one session. I don't think there is an assigned time, but they suggest by 11am so you don't risk the interview closing before you complete it. I am going based on the e-mail.

Good luck!!