supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone have suggestions where specific information can be found regarding main campus vs VERO 2+2 program? Right now, I'm only planning to apply to main campus, but maybe I need to consider VERO. I can't find anything really other than small class on one campus/city for 2 years then merging with the larger class on main campus for last 2 years. Thanks for the insights!
I just finished my first year at VERO and cannot say enough good things about it! If you have questions, feel free to message me!Anyone have suggestions where specific information can be found regarding main campus vs VERO 2+2 program? Right now, I'm only planning to apply to main campus, but maybe I need to consider VERO. I can't find anything really other than small class on one campus/city for 2 years then merging with the larger class on main campus for last 2 years. Thanks for the insights!
Excited to have you in Canyon soon!!Hey! I will be a first year at vero this fall! I also worked at A&M teaching hospital for two years, happy to answer any questions or confusion you may have w the programs! feel free to message me 🙂
Email them in case it changed, but as far as last cycle the only courses you had to have completed at a certain time were Orgo 1, Biochem, and Phys 1 (enrolled to be completed end of fall semester). I completed my animal nutrition prereq in March of this year I believe.Hey everyone! Does anyone know when the animal nutrition prerequisite requirement must be completed by for A&M? I am applying for admission in 2026, so would I need to complete this course by the application deadline (Aug 29th), or do I have some leeway until May of 2026? Any insight would be very helpful.
Hi! I’m about to start my second year at VERO, and while I would say the program is designed with students wanting to pursue rural veterinary medicine in mind, our class is pretty split on who wants to do large vs. small vs. mixed animal practice. If you have more specific questions, feel free to message me!Hi guys! Is the VERO 2+2 program more focused on students who want to go into the large animal field? sort of confused about it?
I'm having the same challenge with my holistic essay. for the opportunities and challenges I wrote about a couple specific experiences that were not highlighted in my experience section. I feel pretty strongly about this essay/I think it is good.Hi everyone, I have a question about the various supplement essays. For "Opportunities and Challenges" is everyone writing about specific attributes and skills they have acquired through those opportunities/challenges? or should I have gone about it differently? I just feel like I am writing about my attributes over and over again. I know that can't be correct. What am I doing wrong? Any advice is welcomed, please.
It's all through TMDSAS, but honestly after it was transmitted it was a lot of radio silence til the interview invites were sent out.Have any applicants received any update or general response emails since submission? I haven't been able to locate much on A&M's typical timeline or communication style.
Hi there! I have not received anything yetHey everyone! Has anyone received any news yet? I know they don't usually send out anything till Thanksgiving/December, just checking in! Hope all is well!
I'm an OOS applicant. Haven't heard anything.Hey everyone! Has anyone received any news yet? I know they don't usually send out anything till Thanksgiving/December, just checking in! Hope all is well!
IS applicant, no news yet. Last year we didn’t really get anything after the initial confirmation email when the deadline closed. They didn’t send anything until interview invites which I believe was Nov 22nd last year.Hey everyone! Has anyone received any news yet? I know they don't usually send out anything till Thanksgiving/December, just checking in! Hope all is well!
I am not sure how it will...I have heard of some students who were accepted or atleast offered a interview even with lower CASPER scores. Good luck!Hi guys, I scored in the first quartile for the CASPER and I’m so nervous on how it will negatively impact my score…
🤞🏻🤞🏻Hoping we hear back by this week or next!!!!
Haha Google search but me too!! I’m fascinated with hawks they are so beautiful ☺️🤞🏻🤞🏻
Ps who is the beautiful red tail in your pfp? I looove them 🥰
I checked as soon as I saw this and i received an interview too!IS interview!
Yay!! Congrats!I checked as soon as I saw this and i received an interview too!
Yes! Basically a more specific casper!Do you guys know if should we expect the KIRA to be similar to the CASPER? With more TAMU specific questions?
What do you mean by this?Yes! Basically a more specific casper!
Sorry to hear this! Where else have you applied?I'll take one for the team and be the first to share that I received my OOS rejection last night. Congrats to those who have been offered an interview and good luck!
This was #3 on my list of schools, but one of the furthest from home. Rejection stings, but I am better with this news than I expected.
I applied to 9. Thus far, I have completed an interview at one, received this rejection, and awaiting results from others. TBD🙏Sorry to hear this! Where else have you applied?
I’m trying to not get my hopes up too high for A&M but I know I will be crushed if I don’t get in.
That’s exciting you got an interview!!! This is my first one. I’m nervous lol i have no idea what to expectI applied to 9. Thus far, I have completed an interview at one, received this rejection, and awaiting results from others. TBD🙏
This is what I had saved specific to TAMU, in case if it may be helpful to you (and others).That’s exciting you got an interview!!! This is my first one. I’m nervous lol i have no idea what to expect
Thank you!!This is what I had saved specific to TAMU, in case if it may be helpful to you (and others).
Did you apply to other schools as well?
- In prior cycles, interviews have been 2 min to think and 4 min to respond with total of 6 questions.
- A Message About MMIs
- Next Steps After Submitting Your Application
- Visit Kira Talent Applicant Support. (support.kiratalent.com) Register for your MMI promptly. Complete your device setup on time Within seven days of your multiple mini-interviews (MMI) date.
- Prepare for using the Kira Talent platform by following the instructions to answer practice prompts during the registration process. The practice prompts offered during registration are designed to educate you on the MMI process. They are not representative of the interview questions.
- Read the “Preparing for Kira” on the Kira Talent website. (support.kiratalent.com)
- Reserve the date/time in CST (Central Standard Time).
You got this!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.