Texas A&M C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vetschoolhopeful21

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen one for A&M yet and thought I'd start one. Good luck everyone! :thumbup:

I'm a first time IS applicant

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
First time OOS applicant here, 3rd time applying overall. TMDSAS was hell I can’t lie 😂

Good luck to all!!

Members don't see this ad :)
First Time OOS applying to Texas A&M and I agree, TMDSAS was a pain and I felt awful having my evaluators have to write recommendations for both websites.

Reactions: 3 users
First Time OOS applying to Texas A&M and I agree, TMDSAS was a pain and I felt awful having my evaluators have to write recommendations for both websites.
Same! The VMCAS recommendation was already a big ask (that I’m very grateful for!) but I felt bad being like “oh yeah, this one is completely seperate and a different format!” 😂

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone heard anything? Got an email a while back about outstanding pre-reqs but saw something that last year they sent out some info in October about applicant review. Wanted to check if I've missed anything.

Interview offers won't go out until late November, so you should be okay as long as everything is checked off in the A&M supplemental portal.

Anyone heard anything? Got an email a while back about outstanding pre-reqs but saw something that last year they sent out some info in October about applicant review. Wanted to check if I've missed anything.
They updated the timeline on their website, and it says everyone should know their status by November 23rd.

Reactions: 7 users
TAMU is my IS and this cycle I just said "screw it" and only did the VMCAS. I don't like living here anyway.
The TMDSAS is honestly BS and I think way harder for applicants than the VMCAS. I think the LoR questions are also pretty niche unless you're worked for/with every single one of your evaluators (which, given TAMU also recommends academic references, is ridiculous).
I would say I don't know why Texas has to have their own medical/dental/veterinary application system instead of using the national one, but given Texas also needs its own special power grid...
(Totally NOT jaded about anything, nope.)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
TAMU is my IS and this cycle I just said "screw it" and only did the VMCAS. I don't like living here anyway.
The TMDSAS is honestly BS and I think way harder for applicants than the VMCAS. I think the LoR questions are also pretty niche unless you're worked for/with every single one of your evaluators (which, given TAMU also recommends academic references, is ridiculous).
I would say I don't know why Texas has to have their own medical/dental/veterinary application system instead of using the national one, but given Texas also needs its own special power grid...
(Totally NOT jaded about anything, nope.)
As a first time TMDSAS applicant from Michigan, I completely agree and I can’t imagine how aggravating this would be as my IS option. Supplemental applications are frustrating already, let alone and entirely different application portal when there’s already a national standard 😫

• Care
As a first time TMDSAS applicant from Michigan, I completely agree and I can’t imagine how aggravating this would be as my IS option. Supplemental applications are frustrating already, let alone and entirely different application portal when there’s already a national standard 😫
Never underestimate Texas's desire to be different and prove they can do things better than all the other states. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do most IS applicants get interviews? I'm wondering if I'm going to have a good or bad Thanksgiving break. lol

Do most IS applicants get interviews? I'm wondering if I'm going to have a good or bad Thanksgiving break. lol
Same. I am OOS and I feel like I might get rejected. I did luckily score a 4 quartile on the Casper and my GPA is above their usual average, but my vet hours are small since I am applying at 20 instead of 22 which seems to be the more common age.

2nd time IS applicant. Absolutely losing my mind, I think I would be better off if they just didnt tell us the date haha.

I just realized that they are doing virtual interviews again this year, super bummed :(

This is my second time applying. I scored in the first quartile, but my overall gpa is a 3.53, and my last 48 hours was a 3.78. I have over 2000 working and shadowing hours, 2 1/2 years of economic working outside of the vet office, complete an internship, and involved in a few organizations. Hoping I’m accepted, I really need a happy thanksgiving this year….

IS interview woop! So happy that I actually got an interview this cycle. To anybody that didn't keep trying! This is my second time applying (with one gap cycle in between) and I was rejected without interview the first time!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
IS interview. This was my third time applying and my first time receiving an interview, I am so ecstatic and terrified at the same time! Keep trying guys ❤️

Reactions: 5 users
IS interview. This was my third time applying and my first time receiving an interview, I am so ecstatic and terrified at the same time! Keep trying guys ❤️
Congrats!

I was rejected on my first cycle and I am also delighted to receive an invite to interview this year. I’m not so sure about the format, but excited to give it a go. 😊

OOS rejected. Good luck to all other applicants!

What was the gpa for individuals that are invited to an interview?

I don’t recall mine exactly, but they’re very similar to what you posted. I was rejected last cycle with the same stats, leading me to believe other factors are in play, despite what I’ve heard about TAMU heavily weighting academics.

TMDSAS GPAS:
Overall 3.02
BCPM: 3.2

I'm not sure if TAMU calculates a separate science GPA if so I can calculate that as well if anyone wants. My last 45 should be around a 3.6-3.8 I think, I'd have to add it up to be sure.

happy for you but I don’t understand their logic on it. I had a 3.54 GPA, last 48 was 3.8

happy for you but I don’t understand their logic on it. I had a 3.54 GPA, last 48 was 3.8
GPA is just one thing they look at, according to their website the breakdown is:

Academic Ability

30% – 38% GPA
GPA Overall
Last 45 hours GPA
Science GPA
Other Skills & Achievements

13% – 16% Veterinary and Animal Experience
25% – 41% Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs)
16% – 21% All other achievements, activities, and evaluations

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many applications were submitted to Tamu this year? And how many they will interview?

Does anyone know how many applications were submitted to Tamu this year? And how many they will interview?
I don't think we have this information yet. According to TMDSAS, Texas vet schools received a total of 1266 applications. This doesn't differentiate between TTU and TAMU. In 2021 827 applicants we're interviewed, again that is for both schools, not separate.

I don't think we have this information yet. According to TMDSAS, Texas vet schools received a total of 1266 applications. This doesn't differentiate between TTU and TAMU. In 2021 827 applicants we're interviewed, again that is for both schools, not separate.
The 1266 applications was for EY 2022, not this year (EY2023). And I'm not sure why they put 827 applicants interviewed for EY 2021 because they didn't do interviews that year!

The 1266 applications was for EY 2022, not this year (EY2023). And I'm not sure why they put 827 applicants interviewed for EY 2021 because they didn't do interviews that year!
Ah I just saw the EY part my bad 🤣 TTU did interviews for EY 2021 I believe?

Ah I just saw the EY part my bad 🤣 TTU did interviews for EY 2021 I believe?
Yeah, sorry, not sure about TTU. But did they interview 827?! I guess that's possible! I have been watching the number of applicants go up by crazy amounts every year and this is the first year that I haven't been able to find anything to say how many have applied. Just wondering if there was another 200+ increase in number of applicants this year like there has been for the past couple of years.

Yeah, sorry, not sure about TTU. But did they interview 827?! I guess that's possible! I have been watching the number of applicants go up by crazy amounts every year and this is the first year that I haven't been able to find anything to say how many have applied. Just wondering if there was another 200+ increase in number of applicants this year like there has been for the past couple of years.
Yeah I find it hard to believe they interviewed that many 😅

I wanna say it was in the 170 range for TTU last cycle. They did in-person. Just 60ish seats available though. TAMU did web-based (Kira).

OOS rejection.. hopefully this doesn’t set the precedent for the other schools..

OOS rejection.. hopefully this doesn’t set the precedent for the other schools..
sorry Shyloh, hope you get better news soon. Have a Happy Thanksgiving 😃

Has anyone received the email to register and set up your profile for the interview yet?