Texas A&M C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an important question....do you think we will get the "I'm going to be an Aggie Veterinarian!" banner?!

Members don't see this ad.

I have an important question....do you think we will get the "I'm going to be an Aggie Veterinarian!" banner?

Is this a physical banner or social media banner? Ha sorry, I have no clue what your talking about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know what the dress code is for visitation day?
Great question. I would guess very comfortable business casual since it is all day and the tour. I'll post this on the c/o2027 fb page 😀

Reactions: 1 user
Is this a physical banner or social media banner? Ha sorry, I have no clue what your talking about.
It’s a physical banner they send in the mail, just like the one they send when you get accepted there for undergrad. I think they stopped sending it during the Covid shut-down but enough people expressed how much the banner meant to them that I’m *hoping* they are sending them again! Just not sure when that should happen. Maybe after they have all acceptances in April?

Attachments

• 8B92E951-89BB-45BE-B31B-C17E574164C3.jpeg
    8B92E951-89BB-45BE-B31B-C17E574164C3.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 83
It’s a physical banner they send in the mail, just like the one they send when you get accepted there for undergrad. I think they stopped sending it during the Covid shut-down but enough people expressed how much the banner meant to them that I’m *hoping* they are sending them again! Just not sure when that should happen. Maybe after they have all acceptances in April?
That is very cool! Hope we get one too 😀.

Does anybody know what the dress code is for visitation day?
As far as I know from last year, TxVetgirl is right - very comfortable business casual. Honestly, if you show up in a t-shirt and jeans, no one will kick you out, but most people are nervous and dress a little nicer. 😂 Jeans and a cute top/polo/button down or something along those lines is very sufficient. Also, last year there were lots of walking tours, so DEFINITELY comfortable shoes or you'll be hating life that day.

As for the banner... my class didn't get them, and there was such an uproar that they ended up printing a batch for us when they did them for the following class. I'd be surprised if they tried to deprive you of banners.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist moving at all yet? I'm assuming most of the seats won't open until next month anyways but just curious.

I'm a current second year! They never mailed the banners, but we received them at orientation in August!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received any sort of confirmation after sending in the documents to accept your position?

Reactions: 1 users
I was unfortunately sick for visitation day 😭 Would anyone mind giving me the highlights they thought were important/informative from that day?

Current first year and can confirm I received my banner at orientation... I was also an alternate! I know several others who were alternates and we all got our acceptance at very different times. It depends on who accepts and when. From what I learned, most will accept or decline their offer by decision day (sometime in March or April), but there are still many who do after decision day. Regardless, don't lose hope if it's what you really want! I was a 2nd time applicant and nontraditional. You got this. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Current first year and can confirm I received my banner at orientation... I was also an alternate! I know several others who were alternates and we all got our acceptance at very different times. It depends on who accepts and when. From what I learned, most will accept or decline their offer by decision day (sometime in March or April), but there are still many who do after decision day. Regardless, don't lose hope if it's what you really want! I was a 2nd time applicant and nontraditional. You got this. :)
Off topic, but... a nontraditional Aggie with a tortie profile pic? How have we not met? 😂

Off topic, but... a nontraditional Aggie with a tortie profile pic? How have we not met? 😂
Lol!! Well considering you're class of 2024 I probably haven't seen you since ya'll are in your own 3rd year world :p That's Strawberry! She's a typical tortie. Fun at home, not so fun at the vet clinic.... lol! (although she is a little calmer in her older age)

Lol!! Well considering you're class of 2024 I probably haven't seen you since ya'll are in your own 3rd year world :p That's Strawberry! She's a typical tortie. Fun at home, not so fun at the vet clinic.... lol! (although she is a little calmer in her older age)
Highly recommend 3VM world. Apparently it's the calm before the storm, but I'm grateful for it now. 😅

I'm a nontrad who has adopted two "stress torties" during vet school - one after the first OSCE and one at the end of 2nd year. Tortitude is strong in my house.

Anyway, Class of 2027, I apologize for the thread hijack. 😂 But as always, if anyone has any questions about TAMU/vet school/the BCS area/etc., you're more than welcome to hit me up anytime. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I was pulled off the waitlist today for VERO and did not attend the info session last month in College Station. Would anyone mind kind of giving a rundown on the most important information you think you got from that?

Hey guys, I was pulled off the waitlist today for VERO and did not attend the info session last month in College Station. Would anyone mind kind of giving a rundown on the most important information you think you got from that?
If I recall correctly, You’ll attend the orientation activities at the main campus (they will provide housing) and then spend the first two years at the VERO campus. Small cohort, so higher instructor:student ratio. Also sounded like they have more hands on opportunities early on. Third year you will join the rest of class 2027 at the main campus in college station.

Reactions: 2 users
We don't have to pay a deposit for our seat right? I can't find anything saying that we do but I feel paranoid haha

Have y’all received any more information since the last summer anatomy workshop email? Just double checking.

I know everyone says rankings don't matter, but anyone have any insight on why A&M dropped from #4 to #10 in this year's US News rankings? The numbers are very clustered, so it only went from a 3.9 to 3.6, but still a tad concerned at a drop that significant in numbers.

I know everyone says rankings don't matter, but anyone have any insight on why A&M dropped from #4 to #10 in this year's US News rankings? The numbers are very clustered, so it only went from a 3.9 to 3.6, but still a tad concerned at a drop that significant in numbers.
What are they basing their ranking on?

What are they basing their ranking on?
I wasn't able to find much, but an article from 2015 indicates that they send out surveys to each school's deans, professors, etc. and they score the school based on perceived reputation, research funding, scholarships, etc. Obviously a lot of problems with that (the article said that the response rate on said surveys was only 49%) but still curious why the change

Does anyone know
I wasn't able to find much, but an article from 2015 indicates that they send out surveys to each school's deans, professors, etc. and they score the school based on perceived reputation, research funding, scholarships, etc. Obviously a lot of problems with that (the article said that the response rate on said surveys was only 49%) but still curious why the change
Given that information I wouldn't put much, if any, stock in those rankings. I do know there is a previous TAMU vet/professor being investigated right now by the Texas State Licensing Board, not sure if that had an impact.

I would be curious if it's at all related to COVID and the way schools had to conduct classes, etc. during that time period? (not that I think that would be a sole contributor). Not sure myself though.