You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas A&M C/O 2027 Applicants
Started by vetschoolhopeful21
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
TxVetgirl
Full Member
I have an important question....do you think we will get the "I'm going to be an Aggie Veterinarian!" banner?
Is this a physical banner or social media banner? Ha sorry, I have no clue what your talking about.
Macsauce19
Full Member
Does anybody know what the dress code is for visitation day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TxVetgirl
Full Member
Great question. I would guess very comfortable business casual since it is all day and the tour. I'll post this on the c/o2027 fb page 😀Does anybody know what the dress code is for visitation day?
It’s a physical banner they send in the mail, just like the one they send when you get accepted there for undergrad. I think they stopped sending it during the Covid shut-down but enough people expressed how much the banner meant to them that I’m *hoping* they are sending them again! Just not sure when that should happen. Maybe after they have all acceptances in April?Is this a physical banner or social media banner? Ha sorry, I have no clue what your talking about.
Attachments
TxVetgirl
Full Member
That is very cool! Hope we get one too 😀.It’s a physical banner they send in the mail, just like the one they send when you get accepted there for undergrad. I think they stopped sending it during the Covid shut-down but enough people expressed how much the banner meant to them that I’m *hoping* they are sending them again! Just not sure when that should happen. Maybe after they have all acceptances in April?
As far as I know from last year, TxVetgirl is right - very comfortable business casual. Honestly, if you show up in a t-shirt and jeans, no one will kick you out, but most people are nervous and dress a little nicer. 😂 Jeans and a cute top/polo/button down or something along those lines is very sufficient. Also, last year there were lots of walking tours, so DEFINITELY comfortable shoes or you'll be hating life that day.Does anybody know what the dress code is for visitation day?
As for the banner... my class didn't get them, and there was such an uproar that they ended up printing a batch for us when they did them for the following class. I'd be surprised if they tried to deprive you of banners.
I'm a current second year! They never mailed the banners, but we received them at orientation in August!It’s a physical banner they send in the mail, just like the one they send when you get accepted there for undergrad. I think they stopped sending it during the Covid shut-down but enough people expressed how much the banner meant to them that I’m *hoping* they are sending them again! Just not sure when that should happen. Maybe after they have all acceptances in April?
TxVetgirl
Full Member
I have not received anything.Has anyone received any sort of confirmation after sending in the documents to accept your position?
I was unfortunately sick for visitation day 😭 Would anyone mind giving me the highlights they thought were important/informative from that day?
Current first year and can confirm I received my banner at orientation... I was also an alternate! I know several others who were alternates and we all got our acceptance at very different times. It depends on who accepts and when. From what I learned, most will accept or decline their offer by decision day (sometime in March or April), but there are still many who do after decision day. Regardless, don't lose hope if it's what you really want! I was a 2nd time applicant and nontraditional. You got this. 🙂
Off topic, but... a nontraditional Aggie with a tortie profile pic? How have we not met? 😂Current first year and can confirm I received my banner at orientation... I was also an alternate! I know several others who were alternates and we all got our acceptance at very different times. It depends on who accepts and when. From what I learned, most will accept or decline their offer by decision day (sometime in March or April), but there are still many who do after decision day. Regardless, don't lose hope if it's what you really want! I was a 2nd time applicant and nontraditional. You got this. 🙂
Lol!! Well considering you're class of 2024 I probably haven't seen you since ya'll are in your own 3rd year world 😛 That's Strawberry! She's a typical tortie. Fun at home, not so fun at the vet clinic.... lol! (although she is a little calmer in her older age)Off topic, but... a nontraditional Aggie with a tortie profile pic? How have we not met? 😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Highly recommend 3VM world. Apparently it's the calm before the storm, but I'm grateful for it now. 😅Lol!! Well considering you're class of 2024 I probably haven't seen you since ya'll are in your own 3rd year world 😛 That's Strawberry! She's a typical tortie. Fun at home, not so fun at the vet clinic.... lol! (although she is a little calmer in her older age)
I'm a nontrad who has adopted two "stress torties" during vet school - one after the first OSCE and one at the end of 2nd year. Tortitude is strong in my house.
Anyway, Class of 2027, I apologize for the thread hijack. 😂 But as always, if anyone has any questions about TAMU/vet school/the BCS area/etc., you're more than welcome to hit me up anytime. Good luck to everyone!
If I recall correctly, You’ll attend the orientation activities at the main campus (they will provide housing) and then spend the first two years at the VERO campus. Small cohort, so higher instructor:student ratio. Also sounded like they have more hands on opportunities early on. Third year you will join the rest of class 2027 at the main campus in college station.Hey guys, I was pulled off the waitlist today for VERO and did not attend the info session last month in College Station. Would anyone mind kind of giving a rundown on the most important information you think you got from that?
Macsauce19
Full Member
We don't have to pay a deposit for our seat right? I can't find anything saying that we do but I feel paranoid haha
laupaw27
Texas A&M c/o 2027
I was thinking the same thing lolWe don't have to pay a deposit for our seat right? I can't find anything saying that we do but I feel paranoid haha
Macsauce19
Full Member
Have y’all received any more information since the last summer anatomy workshop email? Just double checking.
I have not received anything else, waiting on pins and needles!Have y’all received any more information since the last summer anatomy workshop email? Just double checking.
laupaw27
Texas A&M c/o 2027
I know everyone says rankings don't matter, but anyone have any insight on why A&M dropped from #4 to #10 in this year's US News rankings? The numbers are very clustered, so it only went from a 3.9 to 3.6, but still a tad concerned at a drop that significant in numbers.
What are they basing their ranking on?I know everyone says rankings don't matter, but anyone have any insight on why A&M dropped from #4 to #10 in this year's US News rankings? The numbers are very clustered, so it only went from a 3.9 to 3.6, but still a tad concerned at a drop that significant in numbers.
laupaw27
Texas A&M c/o 2027
I wasn't able to find much, but an article from 2015 indicates that they send out surveys to each school's deans, professors, etc. and they score the school based on perceived reputation, research funding, scholarships, etc. Obviously a lot of problems with that (the article said that the response rate on said surveys was only 49%) but still curious why the changeWhat are they basing their ranking on?
Does anyone know
Given that information I wouldn't put much, if any, stock in those rankings. I do know there is a previous TAMU vet/professor being investigated right now by the Texas State Licensing Board, not sure if that had an impact.I wasn't able to find much, but an article from 2015 indicates that they send out surveys to each school's deans, professors, etc. and they score the school based on perceived reputation, research funding, scholarships, etc. Obviously a lot of problems with that (the article said that the response rate on said surveys was only 49%) but still curious why the change