Texas A&M Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacyrx90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to Texas A&M for Class of 2018? My preference is to stay in Texas so I will be applying to pretty much all the Texas schools. If I have to leave Texas then I will do that. I will also be applying to many schools outside of Texas.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying to most of the Texas schools as well. However, I am applying for Early Decision at U of H. Hopefully I get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have a first preference but I will be applying to tech, UTA and A&M. My GPA is a 4.0 and PCAT 89. I have been a tech with walmart for about 3 years. I am part of my school's pre-pharmacy organization and have some volunteering hours. I am VERY nervous about my interview. I know that no matter how good my application looks I cannot be admitted if my interview goes wrong. Any tips would be great. Hopefully I can make some friends here as well.

Aggie applying to A&M's pharmacy school here! I've met some great pharmacists who went to Kingsville, so I have a very good impression of the program.

Reactions: 1 user
Does the supplemental application work for anybody? I get directed to the BAMF page, but they don't have a space enrollment for the school of pharmacy. Also, does the supplemental require any essays?

Last edited:
Does the supplemental application work for anybody? I get directed to the BAMF page, but they don't have a space enrollment for the school of pharmacy. Also, does the supplemental require any essays?

no it's not yet. I called them.

when do they start reviewing applications?
Deadlines have changed for this year so applications probably wont be reviewed until after November 1st. For the previous year, the deadline was in early December and interview invitations went out sometime in February

Hey, do you guys know if A&M using rolling admission like some other schools?

Hey, do you guys know if A&M using rolling admission like some other schools?

I think they're keeping up with what they did previous years. After applications are done, they'll go through the list and invite however many people they want to interviews and once they've done all the interviews you'll be scored and ranked based on the score and then they'll start sending out acceptances.

TL;DR - No rolling admission.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, if any one knows please post. When the admissions person emails you asking which campus you want to be considered, I chose College station, does that automatically exclude you from consideration of Kingsville seats? Im a little worried now because there are less than half as many seats at college station and Im sure that is many peoples choice...

Hey guys, if any one knows please post. When the admissions person emails you asking which campus you want to be considered, I chose College station, does that automatically exclude you from consideration of Kingsville seats? Im a little worried now because there are less than half as many seats at college station and Im sure that is many peoples choice...
It is something new they are doing this year where there will be 30 students that will be in college station and 87 in Kingsville. I don't think anybody knows the answer to this if any so it's probably best if you just contact the school and ask.

Does the supplemental application require an essay?

for last years application there was not an essay for the supplemental application

Does the supplemental application require an essay?
No essay, just the supplemental fee and a couple questions about you promising to finish all prereq courses what other schools/professions you applying or have applied to and if remember right stuff about state of Texas residency.

I email Ms. Gamboa last week and she told me it usually takes 2 weeks for them to review and send out invitation. I'm waiting for mine. In the mean time, I just have to study hard for my retake PCAT next week.

I have the same question. I also chose College station cause its near Houston. I'm so worried that it would eliminate my chance for a seat at Kingville campus. So far, have not heard anything from them, which make me more worry .

Will interviews be held in College Station and Kingsville or just Kingsville? I chose College Station as my location preference and it would be really convenient if I interviewed there.

What does this mean? YOu get to stay in College Station for four years if selected or you get to rotate between CS and Kingsville?

My interpretation by what was asked in email and also the supplemental application plus also what was written on the website was there will be 120 pharm students for Tex a&M pharmacy school. 87 Kingsville seats and 33 CS seats, so 87 go to school in Kingsville and 33 to Bryan CS campus pending approval. I guess its similar to how Texas tech pharm has it where part of the pharm students are in Amarillo and some go to Abilene.

Has anyone gotten any feed back from this school?

This isn't a rolling admissions school so interview invites will prob go out later than normally expected. I did attend an online pharmacy fair about a month ago and a representative from A&M had told me they may not send out interview invites until January after having looked over all applications.

In case anyone else is curious, I emailed the college to ask where interviews will take place and they said that everyone will interview in Kingsville. I was wondering if they might interview some applicants in College Station, but that will not be the case.

In case anyone else is curious, I emailed the college to ask where interviews will take place and they said that everyone will interview in Kingsville. I was wondering if they might interview some applicants in College Station, but that will not be the case.
thank you for emailing them to ask.. I was wonder the same thing. Can't wait for them to send me an interview invitation :)

Yay I just got an interview invite for january 23rd too!

Last edited:
I have an interview for Friday, February 7th at 9:00 am.

Congratulations everyone. I also have confirmed an interview on February 7 at 1 pm. I have not decided whether I will go though due to the possible outcome of other interviews I've had.

I've confirmed my interview for FEB7th @4pm. Good Luck everyone!

I got invite today as well... mine is on Jan. 31st at 10:30am

I have one on January 31st at 4pm! Good luck, everyone!

Just got a call this afternoon! My interview is February 6 at 9:) I'm so excited!!!

I got a call today and scheduled an interview on Jan 30th. I was so excited but then I realized I have my first Physiology exam on the same time :(
Tomorrow I'll call them hopefully they can offer me another day.

Has anyone received any calls this morning 1/15/14? I'm also waiting for my interview invite...

I got a call this morning! My interview is January 30th at 1pm. And here I thought I wasn't gonna hear back from any more schools. I actually feel a bit torn cuz I got accepted to Harding University and fell in love with that school. But I figured it doesn't hurt to try and check out A&M as well :)

Does anyone know if it's an open or closed interview? Like do have they reviewed all of your information or do they not know anything about you?

Would anyone like to please share their experience for the interview? I'm super nervous!

I received a call yesterday morning. They actually called me twice. I set up an interview time for 10:30 on Jan 31st. Hope to see some of you guys there!

Congrats to every who got an interview! I'm currently a P1 here right now. When I had my interview last year it was a closed file and the interviewers did not know anything about you. You will probably have 3-4 interviewers; a combination of faculty, students, and local pharmacists. For the most part the interview was very laid back, so don't be nervous :). It's probably a good idea to go here and check out the interview tips that the school has provided http://pharmacy.tamhsc.edu/future/interview.html . Good luck to everyone!

Congrats to every who got an interview! I'm currently a P1 here right now. When I had my interview last year it was a closed file and the interviewers did not know anything about you. You will probably have 3-4 interviewers; a combination of faculty, students, and local pharmacists. For the most part the interview was very laid back, so don't be nervous :). It's probably a good idea to go here and check out the interview tips that the school has provided http://pharmacy.tamhsc.edu/future/interview.html . Good luck to everyone!

Thank you for all the information! Do you remember any specific questions that were a little odd? Were most questions ethical-based or just questions that share your personality? Thanks once again :)