You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas A&M Class of 2018
Started by pharmacyrx90
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm applying to most of the Texas schools as well. However, I am applying for Early Decision at U of H. Hopefully I get in!
I'm an out-of-state applicant but TX seems having great benefit for veterans..so i'm applying here.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't have a first preference but I will be applying to tech, UTA and A&M. My GPA is a 4.0 and PCAT 89. I have been a tech with walmart for about 3 years. I am part of my school's pre-pharmacy organization and have some volunteering hours. I am VERY nervous about my interview. I know that no matter how good my application looks I cannot be admitted if my interview goes wrong. Any tips would be great. Hopefully I can make some friends here as well.
Aggie applying to A&M's pharmacy school here! I've met some great pharmacists who went to Kingsville, so I have a very good impression of the program.
Does the supplemental application work for anybody? I get directed to the BAMF page, but they don't have a space enrollment for the school of pharmacy. Also, does the supplemental require any essays?
no it's not yet. I called them.
Good luck everyone!
Last edited:
it's up now
when do they start reviewing applications?
Deadlines have changed for this year so applications probably wont be reviewed until after November 1st. For the previous year, the deadline was in early December and interview invitations went out sometime in Februarywhen do they start reviewing applications?
Hey, do you guys know if A&M using rolling admission like some other schools?
I think they're keeping up with what they did previous years. After applications are done, they'll go through the list and invite however many people they want to interviews and once they've done all the interviews you'll be scored and ranked based on the score and then they'll start sending out acceptances.
TL;DR - No rolling admission.
Hey guys, if any one knows please post. When the admissions person emails you asking which campus you want to be considered, I chose College station, does that automatically exclude you from consideration of Kingsville seats? Im a little worried now because there are less than half as many seats at college station and Im sure that is many peoples choice...
It is something new they are doing this year where there will be 30 students that will be in college station and 87 in Kingsville. I don't think anybody knows the answer to this if any so it's probably best if you just contact the school and ask.Hey guys, if any one knows please post. When the admissions person emails you asking which campus you want to be considered, I chose College station, does that automatically exclude you from consideration of Kingsville seats? Im a little worried now because there are less than half as many seats at college station and Im sure that is many peoples choice...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for last years application there was not an essay for the supplemental application
No essay, just the supplemental fee and a couple questions about you promising to finish all prereq courses what other schools/professions you applying or have applied to and if remember right stuff about state of Texas residency.Does the supplemental application require an essay?
I email Ms. Gamboa last week and she told me it usually takes 2 weeks for them to review and send out invitation. I'm waiting for mine. In the mean time, I just have to study hard for my retake PCAT next week.
I have the same question. I also chose College station cause its near Houston. I'm so worried that it would eliminate my chance for a seat at Kingville campus. So far, have not heard anything from them, which make me more worry .Hey guys, if any one knows please post. When the admissions person emails you asking which campus you want to be considered, I chose College station, does that automatically exclude you from consideration of Kingsville seats? Im a little worried now because there are less than half as many seats at college station and Im sure that is many peoples choice...
Will interviews be held in College Station and Kingsville or just Kingsville? I chose College Station as my location preference and it would be really convenient if I interviewed there.
I'm giving up my spot for whoever next. Good luck !! 🙂
What does this mean? YOu get to stay in College Station for four years if selected or you get to rotate between CS and Kingsville?
Hey guys, if any one knows please post. When the admissions person emails you asking which campus you want to be considered, I chose College station, does that automatically exclude you from consideration of Kingsville seats? Im a little worried now because there are less than half as many seats at college station and Im sure that is many peoples choice...
My interpretation by what was asked in email and also the supplemental application plus also what was written on the website was there will be 120 pharm students for Tex a&M pharmacy school. 87 Kingsville seats and 33 CS seats, so 87 go to school in Kingsville and 33 to Bryan CS campus pending approval. I guess its similar to how Texas tech pharm has it where part of the pharm students are in Amarillo and some go to Abilene.
Does anyone know when interview invites go out?
This isn't a rolling admissions school so interview invites will prob go out later than normally expected. I did attend an online pharmacy fair about a month ago and a representative from A&M had told me they may not send out interview invites until January after having looked over all applications.
In case anyone else is curious, I emailed the college to ask where interviews will take place and they said that everyone will interview in Kingsville. I was wondering if they might interview some applicants in College Station, but that will not be the case.
thank you for emailing them to ask.. I was wonder the same thing. Can't wait for them to send me an interview invitation 🙂In case anyone else is curious, I emailed the college to ask where interviews will take place and they said that everyone will interview in Kingsville. I was wondering if they might interview some applicants in College Station, but that will not be the case.
good luck guys! A&M COP is an awesome school to to go to! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten an interview yet?
I got an interview invitation! Mine is on January 23.
Congratulations everyone. I also have confirmed an interview on February 7 at 1 pm. I have not decided whether I will go though due to the possible outcome of other interviews I've had.
I've confirmed my interview for FEB7th @4pm. Good Luck everyone!
I got invite today as well... mine is on Jan. 31st at 10:30am
Mine is for February 6th at 10:30. 🙂
"Got a call"! Sounds interesting.Just got a call this afternoon! My interview is February 6 at 9🙂 I'm so excited!!!
I got a call today and scheduled an interview on Jan 30th. I was so excited but then I realized I have my first Physiology exam on the same time 🙁
Tomorrow I'll call them hopefully they can offer me another day.
Tomorrow I'll call them hopefully they can offer me another day.
I got a call this morning! My interview is January 30th at 1pm. And here I thought I wasn't gonna hear back from any more schools. I actually feel a bit torn cuz I got accepted to Harding University and fell in love with that school. But I figured it doesn't hurt to try and check out A&M as well 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received a call yesterday morning. They actually called me twice. I set up an interview time for 10:30 on Jan 31st. Hope to see some of you guys there!
Congrats to every who got an interview! I'm currently a P1 here right now. When I had my interview last year it was a closed file and the interviewers did not know anything about you. You will probably have 3-4 interviewers; a combination of faculty, students, and local pharmacists. For the most part the interview was very laid back, so don't be nervous 🙂. It's probably a good idea to go here and check out the interview tips that the school has provided http://pharmacy.tamhsc.edu/future/interview.html . Good luck to everyone!
Congrats to every who got an interview! I'm currently a P1 here right now. When I had my interview last year it was a closed file and the interviewers did not know anything about you. You will probably have 3-4 interviewers; a combination of faculty, students, and local pharmacists. For the most part the interview was very laid back, so don't be nervous 🙂. It's probably a good idea to go here and check out the interview tips that the school has provided http://pharmacy.tamhsc.edu/future/interview.html . Good luck to everyone!
Thank you for all the information! Do you remember any specific questions that were a little odd? Were most questions ethical-based or just questions that share your personality? Thanks once again 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 61
- Views
- 14K