Texas A&M Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did my first round of immunizations... Thankfully I am a Walgreens employee. All of them are covered. That's 400 in my pocket :)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone looking for a male roomate at the Kingsville campus?!??? Looks like the more people you get the cheaper the rent will be so let me know. Thanks :)

Anyone looking for a male roomate at the Kingsville campus?!??? Looks like the more people you get the cheaper the rent will be so let me know. Thanks :)
Me! Let me know if you are interested. I am looking for a roommate(s) asap to get a good apartment!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Me! Let me know if you are interested. I am looking for a roommate(s) asap to get a good apartment!
Are you in the FB group? If so, add me my name is Ram Reddy

Last edited:
So for the drug test we need to go to a clinic and take a urine test correct? And the results will be sent to Texas A&M?

Still debating between two Texas ..... school. Anyone else in this situation?

Still debating between two Texas ..... school. Anyone else in this situation?
You from northern or southern part of Texas? I guess the biggest thing for me would be how important it is to be somewhat close to current friends and family. I felt good about both schools with Abilene being close to my home base of the dfw area and being able to come back to dallas for the final 2 years made it a huge draw, I really did feel good about my trip to kingsville though and really felt the warmth and kindness of the people I talked to and interviewed with. Made it feel like it could be a good place to concentrate atleast for years 1-3 then look to do somewhere new for year 4

I have kids and live in South. That 's my biggest problem. Logically, A&M is best fit for me, but I don't know why I am obsessed by Tech (Amarillo) all in my mind. Their facilities and their curriculum are so stimulating. Their rotation sites are abundant while A&M is a little limit.(correct me if I am wrong). Must decide this Fri. Any more ideas would be appreciated.

I'm turning down my acceptance today, good luck to those hoping to get in!

Is there a Facebook page for the people who accepted their offers? If so, please give me a link to it. It would be nice to get to know people who are planning to attend and the location they chose. :) Good luck to anyone waiting to hear from the school!

I finally got into the school of my choice so I will be letting go of my spot.

Members don't see this ad :)
So does anyone know what exactly happens during Pre-Orientation and when it starts and ends?

So does anyone know what exactly happens during Pre-Orientation and when it starts and ends?

Pre-Orientation is only one day long. They go over what is expected from you, the curriculum, what life will be like, what to expect, how to prepare mentally and just give you and overall overview of the next four years. There's also a lot of stuff about professionalism. Then you'll come back a week ahead of the upperclassman and have a week long orientation. That's a good time to get to know everyone and play some sports at the rec center. I forget exactly what happens but it's kinda boring but informative.

Would it be too late to go search for apartments in May?

Would it be too late to go search for apartments in May?

I turned in my application for JS during pre-orientation and was able to get in which was at the end of May. The sooner you start looking the more options you will have.

Has anyone still on the waitlist received any calls today?

I will be declining my acceptance, so good luck to everyone on the waitlist.

Looking for roomate(s)! Please PM me or I'm in the FB group. :beaver::beaver::beaver:

3.45 GPA, 60 Pcat, and 2 years of tech experience. My interview wasn't bad but it also wasn't amazing. Hope this helps

TEXAS A&M!!! Woop Woop, I am so excited!!! Can't wait to meet the rest of the class of 2018, see ya'll at orientation! =)))

Hey guys, I am writing to inform you guys that I just declined my spot at College Station this morning. I hope this opens up another opportunity to one of you. Good Luck!

I just got the admission offer call, I had an excellent interview in my opinion, 3.39 pharmcas gpa, 72 pcat, and CPhT with no experience, I was rank 40 on the kingsville waitlist and 74 overall when Dr. Sawyer "accidentally" told me hehe

I just got the admission offer call, I had an excellent interview in my opinion, 3.39 pharmcas gpa, 72 pcat, and CPhT with no experience, I was rank 40 on the kingsville waitlist and 74 overall when Dr. Sawyer "accidentally" told me hehe
You just gave me so much hope! I was number 47! (Dr. Sawyer told me by accident too lol) Do you think I have a chance?

yeah the way the gpas, pcats, and exp points have been sloping, you'll get the call too hehe

yeah the way the gpas, pcats, and exp points have been sloping, you'll get the call too hehe
Well hopefully I see you in the fall :) keeping my fingers crossed!:xf:

For those of you who "accidentally" got Dr. Sawyer to tell you what your position was on the waitlist, did you call him directly or email him? The admissions staff on the phone weren't able to tell me any information.

For those of you who "accidentally" got Dr. Sawyer to tell you what your position was on the waitlist, did you call him directly or email him? The admissions staff on the phone weren't able to tell me any information.

It was a mistake he made. He also corrected himself. Aren't you a bit late in the game to try this kind of trick?

It was a mistake he made. He also corrected himself. Aren't you a bit late in the game to try this kind of trick?

Not really a gimmicky "trick" I'm trying to play…. It is just pure curiosity. I'm sure other people reading may have same question too.

email hehe, I'm applying for Javelina Station after looking at the facebook google doc, hopefully they're still vacant and are good matchmakers LOL, looking at yelp and google maps, I see two Whataburgers and the whole fast food gang, but there doesn't appear to be a good Chinese buffet there, while there's like three good ones here in Houston, eating out everyday will be expensive though and hopefully the HEB and Walmart are good hehe

Waiting is getting harder and harder:( especially knowing that I'm so close/:

Waiting is getting harder and harder:( especially knowing that I'm so close/:
I haven't dropped my spot yet. I still have to take Anatomy and Physiology pre-reqs required for my top choice. I'm just waiting to start summer classes and make sure UMD is happy before I drop my spot at A&M. If everything goes as planned, my seat should open up in a week or two. Good luck!

I haven't dropped my spot yet. I still have to take Anatomy and Physiology pre-reqs required for my top choice. I'm just waiting to start summer classes and make sure UMD is happy before I drop my spot at A&M. If everything goes as planned, my seat should open up in a week or two. Good luck!
Thank you for keeping my hopes going!:)

So I get a call from a 361 one number and my heart completely stops. Then I answer it and it's from apartments in kingsville -_- I wanted explode lol ahhh waiting sucks :boom::smack:+pity+:bang:

I got accepted! Finally the stress of waiting is over!:') I got my call this morning!:D:soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
I have an interview coming up at A&M pharmacy school. Does anyone on here know what questions they asked during the interview? like examples?