Texas A&M Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have to agree with everything velvet 75 has said. I am a P2 who lives in Kingsville and has a family in San Antonio. I was accepted to UH and Incarnate Word, but chose Texas A&M not only because of the tuition rate but my interview experience as well. Everyone I spoke to on the day of my interview was extremely helpful and so nice. I do not regret my decision one bit!! :love:

I am a distance from my family, however this has contributed to my success in pharmacy school as I can concentrate on my studying and not get distracted by them or San Antonio itself. I miss San Antonio immensely, but the year goes by quickly! I can't believe I will be finishing my second year in a couple of months!! I have made life long friendships here and they have made the transition much easier for me. I love this school and everything the program hopes to achieve in South Texas. The people we serve in Kingsville and the surrounding communities are genuine and truly appreciate that we are here.

I honestly do not mind being in a "small" town and if I need to get away for a little bit, I make the short drive to Corpus Christi. Most things I need can be found in Kingsville and if I can't find it, it can be mailed to me or I get whatever I need on my next visit home. I am so busy studying and doing things with student organizations that I do not really "miss" the stuff found in big cities. I have come to value my sleep more than shopping...can't believe I just admitted that! o_O

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• upload_2014-3-2_4-24-40.png
    upload_2014-3-2_4-24-40.png
    95 bytes · Views: 88
    95 bytes · Views: 71
    95 bytes · Views: 61
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Today is the deadline for students offered admission to have sent in their acceptance package. After today, there will be several spots opening from students who did not do this and/or declined today.

Last edited:
Today is the deadline for students offered admission to have sent in their acceptance package. After today, there will be several spots opening from students who did not do this and/or declined today.
Do you think they'll start sending out acceptances tomorrow or wednesday?

Oh really?! I thought it was March 10th. But the earlier the better. Thanks!

Oh really?! I thought it was March 10th. But the earlier the better. Thanks!
I think it's only like 2 weeks where they have to decide, well according to pharmcas.

My original acceptance letter said my acceptance package, with the deposit, must be RECEIVED, by March 3rd. They even called me today asking about it right when I was about to email them a respectful declination. Though who knows when they'll actually turn around to give those newly declined spots away. Probably not too long

I received a call. I was kicked out of the waitlist. Yay!

Last edited:
Omg I just got the call. I'm so excited!!!! For those of you waiting, you might get the call soon :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg I just got the call. I'm so excited!!!! For those of you waiting, you might get the call soon :)
Im really curious as to where you were on the Wait list since we had similar stats but im kind of down the wait list/; ugh waiting is horrible

I think he must be in the top 10. He got the call very soon.

Congratulations though:) and to whoever else that has gotten accepted

I wish they had told me my rank but they didn't :/ my friend has much higher stats than me and he hasn't received a call yet either. It's weird

I was filling RX's when my coworker said my phone was ringing. Called the 361 # back and I got offered a seat! I'm so happy!

I wish they had told me my rank but they didn't :/ my friend has much higher stats than me and he hasn't received a call yet either. It's weird
Maybe you did really well on the interview and he didnt

I wonder if they can let us know how many acceptances they're sending out today.

I was called at 12:33. So if others also recall their calling time, we can guess the approximate number. Imagine each call lasts 3 min.

Last edited:
I always just visited this forum to read other peoples' posts, but created an account just now to give some encouragement to those of you waiting for an acceptance.
I am a student just like you, and until just a couple weeks ago, was an anxious student (like some of you here) waiting for an acceptance.
I received my letter when they sent out the first round of acceptances, on Feb. 18th. I did not think I would hear back so soon so this came as a complete surprise to me.
For those of you who think that you are not good enough, think again!!
I am an average student, with an average gpa, pcat score. What I want to tell you is, numbers are important, but they are not everything, and I am an example of that. It has become a fact that A&M looks beyond numbers, they take the whole package into consideration.
So for those of you waiting for that phone call, have some hope and keep your heads up!! If this is what you are truly passionate about, your turn will come.

Can anyone tell me when the next deadline for payment is due? or copy&paste the email they sent out today? I'd really appreciate it!

Your admission is contingent upon: 1) maintaining or improving your present grade point average in the pre-pharmacy course requirements; 2) successfully completing all necessary pre-pharmacy coursework with a grade of “C” or better before the first day of classes in the fall; and 3) successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screening. Note that failure to complete all required coursework and satisfy all stated admission conditions before the first day of classes will invalidate this offer.

If you completed or will complete coursework in the spring semester, an official transcript of your grades must be received by June 13, 2014. If you enrolled in summer classes, an official transcript indicating the completion of all required coursework must be received by July 25, 2014.

In order to reserve your seat in the Texas A&M Rangel College of Pharmacy for the Class of 2018, you must confirm your acceptance of this admission offer by returning the following documents in the enclosed postage-paid envelope provided within this FedEx package: the Acceptance Card; the signed Technical Standards for the Completion of the Curriculum document; the IPPE and APPE Statement of Understanding; the Immunization and Vaccination Form; the Student Privacy Notice; the Bacterial Meningitis Acknowledgement Form; and the Verification of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization. All documents must be received, not postmarked, in the Office of Student Affairs by the due date of Friday, March 14, 2014. In addition, please pay the required, nonrefundable $500 deposit via the Touch Net website: http://goo.gl/DHdZ0.

If you accept this admission offer, you will be contacted at a future date to begin preparations for your arrival. Materials related to your enrollment in the Doctor of Pharmacy program will also be sent to you. Once accepted, students are required to complete a criminal background check within ten days of their acceptance. Should you have questions or need additional information regarding the Texas A&M Rangel College of Pharmacy, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at: (361) 221-0648. Additionally, you may choose to visit our web site: http://pharmacy.tamhsc.edu/.

Congratulations on your admission to the 2018 Class! My faculty and staff colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you to our professional pharmacy program. We are committed to providing a rich and challenging environment for your intellectual growth. I offer my best wishes to you for continued success in your preparation for professional pharmacy practice.

Sincerely,

Indra K. Reddy, Ph.D.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about driving to kingsville during spring break and booking an apartment. I'm looking for a one bedroom apartment. Any suggestions? I have no idea where to start.

Looking for roommates! :cat: .... and Congrats to everyone else who has been accepted!

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone who got accepted. I also just got my acceptance phone call today (Tuesday 3/4/14). I am starting a class of 2018 facebook page for the class, so let me know if you want to join, for those who know for sure that are going to Irma Lerma! Once again, Congratulations to all.

I just received my acceptance today too, but I am still waiting on other colleges. Does anyone know if the deposit is due on the same day as the required documents?

I just received my acceptance today too, but I am still waiting on other colleges. Does anyone know if the deposit is due on the same day as the required documents?
Yes. When I asked if I could get an extension, they told me to email Dr. Sawyer to see if he would approve it. Since I won't be hearing from my other school until April, I just had to give them the money.

Everything is mentioned in acceptance email. I believe only the acceptance card and $500 are due on March 14.

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone who got accepted. I also just got my acceptance phone call today (Tuesday 3/4/14). I am starting a class of 2018 facebook page for the class, so let me know if you want to join, for those who know for sure that are going to Irma Lerma! Once again, Congratulations to all.

Someone already made a FB page for T-AM Pharm 2018 class unless if I misunderstood what you were trying to say. I think its a page back or so.

I'm thinking about driving to kingsville during spring break and booking an apartment. I'm looking for a one bedroom apartment. Any suggestions? I have no idea where to start.

Do you mind sharing your stats? I interviewed the beginning of February and have yet to hear anything back. Greatly appreciate it!

Any guys looking for a roommate for the College Station campus? Please message me if you are.

Where are most people looking at places to live?

On the website it says tuition is $7632 for P1 so that's for the whole year? I'm really surprised on how cheap it is.

Do you mind sharing your stats? I interviewed the beginning of February and have yet to hear anything back. Greatly appreciate it!
My GPA is a 3.63 with a 43 pcat (personal reason for a low pcat score). I will have a bachelors degree, couple months experience as a pharm tech and 3 strong LORs. Attend UT austin for undergrad. And my interview went extremely well.

On the website it says tuition is $7632 for P1 so that's for the whole year? I'm really surprised on how cheap it is.
It was something they really touted at my interview saying t-am had the lowest p-school tuition in texas. Well atleast for an in-state applicant, out of state looks crazy.