This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Didn’t want to post this, but I got deferred to regular decision.. :( Congrats to you all, though.
Try your best! You can get it. Best wishes to you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Didn’t want to post this, but I got deferred to regular decision.. :( Congrats to you all, though.
That’s ok. Don’t be discouraged! Hope you get acceptance or even acceptance at another pharm school. Everything happens for a reason.

Just made my SDN account. Got accepted to Kingsville campus! Looking forward to meeting all of you guys. Should definitely start a support group together lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone! I have a question for those of you who did the interview. Did it include only MMI?
Did they also do the regular interview? I mean asking questions about your backgrounds and grades?

It was all MMI. It's set up by stations, most of them were mainly scenario based and there were a couple that asked about yourself.

It was all MMI. It's set up by stations, most of them were mainly scenario based and there were a couple that asked about yourself.
Thanks for the response. Do you know what happens if your answer be less than 5 minutes?

Once you finish, they'll ask you questions, so you'll be talking the whole time. But the time goes by really quickly. Btw this was my first MMI and it wasn't bad at all. I wouldn't stress about it. Just be confident and be yourself and you'll do fine.

Last edited:
I didn't know this thread existed. I also got accepted into the Kingsville campus!!

Reactions: 3 users
I got an interview for November. Do you guys have any suggestion? Also can you tell me how was the 4 hours process? Do they ask about courseworks, pcat, and gpa?

I got an interview for November. Do you guys have any suggestion? Also can you tell me how was the 4 hours process? Do they ask about courseworks, pcat, and gpa?
No, they did not. The 4 hour process was mmi and tour. Pcat and gpa was not discussed!

Has anyone heard back here from November interview?

Has anyone heard back from the November interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you choose College Station campus? I am guessing that they have already sent the acceptance emails, so, we have to wait till January.

Hey guys,
Do you remember that we talked with two students from College Station? They gave us their email address. Does anyone have the email address? I want to contact them and see the campus.

I got accepted too! Do we have an official Facebook page.

Has anybody received a follow up message after submitting initial forms/drug screening/background check? I'm wondering if we're expecting to hear back soon or maybe later closer to the semester start date.

Has anybody received a follow up message after submitting initial forms/drug screening/background check? I'm wondering if we're expecting to hear back soon or maybe later closer to the semester start date.
I was wondering the same thing! I haven't heard anything since I submitted my forms. I'm pretty sure we have to start doing FAFSFA around February. I could be wrong about that, but hopefully we hear something soon.

Turned in my application for early decision and have been hunting for a thread to pop up for Texas A&M so I figured I would get one going. Any one else checking their email relentlessly for the interview?
when do regular decision interviews are sent out

when do regular decision interviews are sent out
I just got my invitation to interview today at 11 a.m., so I assume you should get yours soon if you haven't yet.

Has anyone heard back that interviewed the 18th or 19th?

They said it would be fast, about two weeks? They still have interview dates, so not sure when we'll hear back :c
Ok just curious since my other interviews they notified us like 2-3 days afterwards

FYI: interviewed on 18th, just received the admission offer email.

Sent from my SM-G928T using SDN mobile

I will be applying to start in 2019 but I had a question about being accepted. Do you choose if you go to Kingsville/College Station or do they assign you to one?

I will be applying to start in 2019 but I had a question about being accepted. Do you choose if you go to Kingsville/College Station or do they assign you to one?
You pick a preference and they try to accommodate. Ultimately, at the interview, you will pick one of four options: you would attend Kingsville and only Kingsville if offered admission, you would attend CS and only CS if offered admission, you prefer to attend Kingsville but would be willing to attend CS if offered admission, you prefer to attend CS but would be willing to attend Kingsville if offered admission.

You pick a preference and they try to accommodate. Ultimately, at the interview, you will pick one of four options: you would attend Kingsville and only Kingsville if offered admission, you would attend CS and only CS if offered admission, you prefer to attend Kingsville but would be willing to attend CS if offered admission, you prefer to attend CS but would be willing to attend Kingsville if offered admission.

Thank you for replying so quickly! How so they look upon students who have been out of college for a while? I was pre-med as an undergrad. I applied to medical school a few times, interviewed 4 times, and rejected all 4. I tried for PA school, interviewed once, haven't heard back but in my opinion it will be another rejection.

Thank you for replying so quickly! How so they look upon students who have been out of college for a while? I was pre-med as an undergrad. I applied to medical school a few times, interviewed 4 times, and rejected all 4. I tried for PA school, interviewed once, haven't heard back but in my opinion it will be another rejection.
Well I can share my own story but, as you well know, one person does not establish a pattern. However, it might prove useful. First, there's quite a few schools that publish the age range of their matriculants and it's not uncommon to see the mid 40s for those who do. I think actual school data is always the best resource.

Ok, so I myself am a "non-trad" student. I graduated with my degree in biochemistry in 2007 and have worked in education and education management since, with a brief stint in a brewery. In my opinion, based on my experience, schools do not discriminate against older applicants (although I'm sure you could find an SDN thread somewhere with someone swearing that they do). If you have a solid application, you are a solid applicant, period. Plus, I feel that the experience I gained by being in the professional world for a while, if anything, helped me to distinguish myself from all the 19-24 year olds. However, the biggest difference was the confidence I felt in interviews versus what I seemed to see on a lot of faces (i.e. nervousness and anxiety). Because I've already been through quite a few interviews in my professional life, managed people, given countless presentations, and taught, I found in the interviews to actually be fun and the ultimate way to make myself stand out. But, I digress.

My point, and story, comes down to this: I graduated over 10 years ago, and had zero pharmacy experience. I applied to 6 schools and received 6 interview invitations. I accepted 4 interviews invites and attended 4 interviews (UH, TTU, A&M, and UT). I was offered admission at every single one of them.

Well I can share my own story but, as you well know, one person does not establish a pattern. However, it might prove useful. First, there's quite a few schools that publish the age range of their matriculants and it's not uncommon to see the mid 40s for those who do. I think actual school data is always the best resource.

Ok, so I myself am a "non-trad" student. I graduated with my degree in biochemistry in 2007 and have worked in education and education management since, with a brief stint in a brewery. In my opinion, based on my experience, schools do not discriminate against older applicants (although I'm sure you could find an SDN thread somewhere with someone swearing that they do). If you have a solid application, you are a solid applicant, period. Plus, I feel that the experience I gained by being in the professional world for a while, if anything, helped me to distinguish myself from all the 19-24 year olds. However, the biggest difference was the confidence I felt in interviews versus what I seemed to see on a lot of faces (i.e. nervousness and anxiety). Because I've already been through quite a few interviews in my professional life, managed people, given countless presentations, and taught, I found in the interviews to actually be fun and the ultimate way to make myself stand out. But, I digress.

My point, and story, comes down to this: I graduated over 10 years ago, and had zero pharmacy experience. I applied to 6 schools and received 6 interview invitations. I accepted 4 interviews invites and attended 4 interviews (UH, TTU, A&M, and UT). I was offered admission at every single one of them.

Thank you! That gives me hope for when I apply! I have one more question. Are we less likely to be accepted if we say we can only go to CS or Kingsville?

Thank you! That gives me hope for when I apply! I have one more question. Are we less likely to be accepted if we say we can only go to CS or Kingsville?
I can't know for sure. But I would imagine that if you're right on the line of "making the cut", in terms of getting an offer after interviewing, that you might theoretically edge yourself into getting an offer by being flexible vs picking only one campus. For example, imagine if you picked "only Kingsville" and another interviewee who scored the same score in their MMI as you, has roughly the same grades/PCAT as you, and is adjacent to you on their final ordered list of interviewees to offer admission, and if all of the seats in bKingsville are taken, but the other interviewee marked "prefer Kingsville but..." then, it would logically follow, that he would get the offer and not you.

Regardless, remember that you don't pick from those 4 options until the interview. You only pick your preference between the two in the application.

Is there a Facebook page for class of 2022 accepted students?