You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas A&M Irma Rangel Pharmacy C/O 2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same here, I applied early decision and I called admissions and they said they are trying to send out emails for interview invitations sometime this week! So be on the lookout. What are your stats?Turned in my application for early decision and have been hunting for a thread to pop up for Texas A&M so I figured I would get one going. Any one else checking their email relentlessly for the interview?
PCAT is an 81. Gpa is around 3.6 depending if you're looking cumulative or science. The thorn in my side is going to be my experience in the pharmacy. I have a day of shadowing a clinical manager, but that's it. How about you?Same here, I applied early decision and I called admissions and they said they are trying to send out emails for interview invitations sometime this week! So be on the lookout. What are your stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My GPA is around a 3.0 and PCAT isn't the best and is probably the weakest part of my application.. But i have pretty good letters of recommendation and a good personal statement and I've been a pharmacy tech for about 2.5 years now so i'm hoping for the best.PCAT is an 81. Gpa is around 3.6 depending if you're looking cumulative or science. The thorn in my side is going to be my experience in the pharmacy. I have a day of shadowing a clinical manager, but that's it. How about you?
Hey guys! I'm applying for early decision at A&M too. I'm still waiting to hear back about an interview. This is really nerve-wracking.
That experience is gold! Hope you get the interview and I wouldn't worry too much about thE PCAT. Heard a lot of success stories with weaker scores.My GPA is around a 3.0 and PCAT isn't the best and is probably the weakest part of my application.. But i have pretty good letters of recommendation and a good personal statement and I've been a pharmacy tech for about 2.5 years now so i'm hoping for the best.
I know! It has me checking my email every 5 minutes. I'll post if I do get one. I hope others do the sameHey guys! I'm applying for early decision at A&M too. I'm still waiting to hear back about an interview. This is really nerve-wracking.
I'll let y'all know if/hopefully when I get mine. Btw Cheyloh just responded to an email I wrote her a while ago saying that they're trying to get interview invites out early next week.I know! It has me checking my email every 5 minutes. I'll post if I do get one. I hope others do the same
Omg the suspense is unreal. I guess I will stop checking my email then. LolI'll let y'all know if/hopefully when I get mine. Btw Cheyloh just responded to an email I wrote her a while ago saying that they're trying to get interview invites out early next week.
Lol because that was my exact reactionOmg the suspense is unreal. I guess I will stop checking my email then. Lol
Do y'all want Kingsville or College Station?
Kingsville. We purchased our first home in Corpus Christi last year. Something more permanent for our little one. How about you?Do y'all want Kingsville or College Station?
I can't decide. I get chronic migraines, so I have to get Botox every 3 months. There are 3 neurologists who administer Botox in the College Station/Bryan area while there is only one in Corpus Christi. For that reason, I may put College Station first, but I don't know since I really like Kingsville too.Kingsville. We purchased our first home in Corpus Christi last year. Something more permanent for our little one. How about you?
I can't decide. I get chronic migraines, so I have to get Botox every 3 months. There are 3 neurologists who administer Botox in the College Station/Bryan area while there is only one in Corpus Christi. For that reason, I may put College Station first, but I don't know since I really like Kingsville too.
Well, that's a very legit reason to request College Station and I think if you tell them that reason you will definitely get that location. It's such a pretty area with nice weather. I hate how few specialists they have down here because their schedule is bonkers.I can't decide. I get chronic migraines, so I have to get Botox every 3 months. There are 3 neurologists who administer Botox in the College Station/Bryan area while there is only one in Corpus Christi. For that reason, I may put College Station first, but I don't know since I really like Kingsville too.
I was debating between the two campuses too, but I’m leaning more towards college station since it’s close to home. Anyone get any email yet? It should be sometime this week and I keep waiting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No email. I'm dyinggggg slowly Will post immediately if I receive one and hope others do the sameI was debating between the two campuses too, but I’m leaning more towards college station since it’s close to home. Anyone get any email yet? It should be sometime this week and I keep waiting!
Howdy, current student here. If you have any questions about the program/interview process, feel free to reach out or ask openly.
- good luck with ED
- good luck with ED
I just got my interview!! Go check your emails because y'all probably got one too
Yes, just got mine as well for Friday! Congrats!!!!!I just got my interview!! Go check your emails because y'all probably got one too
I've read the interview process is now mini style. Was this different from your style of interview?Howdy, current student here. If you have any questions about the program/interview process, feel free to reach out or ask openly.
- good luck with ED
I've read the interview process is now mini style. Was this different from your style of interview?
Yes. It looks like they have adopted UT's interview process. Your class will be the first to experience this. IMO, this is better than just being interviewed by 1 or 2 faculty in a room for 30 minutes.
I got mine too!! It’s at 11:30 AM next Friday. Well I’m glad it’s this interview format then, because it’s not as nerve wracking!
What advice do you have before the interview? Like what kind of questions should we expect so I know how to prepare. Is there much we need to know about the school’s pharmacy program itself? Like the history of it and other stuff?Yes. It looks like they have adopted UT's interview process. Your class will be the first to experience this. IMO, this is better than just being interviewed by 1 or 2 faculty in a room for 30 minutes.
Mine is for 8:30I got mine too!! It’s at 11:30 AM next Friday. Well I’m glad it’s this interview format then, because it’s not as nerve wracking!
Good Luck to you guys.
I also submitted my Pharmcas application last week for regular decision.
I also submitted my Pharmcas application last week for regular decision.
Mine is 8:30 on next Friday, too. Really nervous now.Mine is for 8:30
Preach. I'm super nervous. Going to go over a bunch of interview situations this weekend and I hope we all do well. Going shopping for my pant suit this weekend. Nothing crazy, just formal. That is still an appropriate outfit for an interview, correct?Mine is 8:30 on next Friday, too. Really nervous now.
Good luck!Good Luck to you guys.
I also submitted my Pharmcas application last week for regular decision.
Nothing lined up and I'm looking at two plans as of right now. Knowing there are ups and downs to both. Haven't decided on a course because I'd like a little more exposure and information before making any plan concrete.Just curious but where do all of you plan on getting jobs? Do you have something lined up already?
I was looking towards searching and applying for hospital residencies during pharmacy for after pharmacy school as well as looking towards military pharmacy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you guys bringing anything with you to the interview, like a portfolio? What are y’all going to wear?
Yes, I bought a thin black portfolio to keep track of any ideas or names/cards to send out thank you letters after!Are you guys bringing anything with you to the interview, like a portfolio? What are y’all going to wear?
I’m wearing a grey women’s pant suit with some short heels. Just have to figure out what to do with my hair .
What are you wearing? I rather be over done then under.
I'm also wearing a women's suit but mine is black with a skirt. I don't know if I'm bringing anything yetAre you guys bringing anything with you to the interview, like a portfolio? What are y’all going to wear?
What are you doing with your hair?I'm also wearing a women's suit but mine is black with a skirt. I don't know if I'm bringing anything yet
I'm sorry that I'm just replying. School has been crazy, and I honestly have no clue what I'm doing with my hair.What are you doing with your hair?
How did everyone’s interview go? Do y’all know if we have to wait until the 20th to find out or they might let us know 5 days after?
It went good! I definitely think it was easier than I imagined, I just hope that I gave them the answers on the ethics questions that they were looking for! How about you? Have no idea on when we will find outHow did everyone’s interview go? Do y’all know if we have to wait until the 20th to find out or they might let us know 5 days after?
It wasn’t as bad as I thought! But there were a couple I wasn’t sure about but again, there’s really no right or wrong answer. Just mainly opinions so I’m hoping for the best. Really hope I get in but a little worried. We should post on here as soon as we get an email!
Thinking back specificallyHow did everyone’s interview go? Do y’all know if we have to wait until the 20th to find out or they might let us know 5 days after?
completely understand and feel the same. Specifically about two of the situations. I will post here if I do get an email. Good luck!!!It wasn’t as bad as I thought! But there were a couple I wasn’t sure about but again, there’s really no right or wrong answer. Just mainly opinions so I’m hoping for the best. Really hope I get in but a little worried. We should post on here as soon as we get an email!
hey guys, I also applied early decision, and had an interview friday October 6th. Has anyone heard back yet with an acceptance letter? I know last year students heard back around october 12th-13th. I'm starting to get nervous...
Haven’t got a reply yet! But one of the other guys called and he told me the assistant informed him the acceptances letters would be mailed the week of the 20th, he wasn’t sure about emails. Please post if you do receive one!hey guys, I also applied early decision, and had an interview friday October 6th. Has anyone heard back yet with an acceptance letter? I know last year students heard back around october 12th-13th. I'm starting to get nervous...
Been a while since I've been on SDN. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone. 🙂
ill post if i receive an email! good luck to you all 🙂
Thank you and good luck to all of you future Aggies!
hey guys! heard back from A&M through email, and got accepted to college station! go check your emails!! best of luck to all
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my acceptance for Kingsville! Yay congrats to everyone!!!!
I got accepted to College Station too!
Didn’t want to post this, but I got deferred to regular decision.. 🙁 Congrats to you all, though.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K