Texas Applicants: August MCATers...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndi_amaka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that took the August MCAT and are waiting for scores to come in but have already finished your applications (and secondaries) and sent everything off to TMSDSAS......

.....have you heard any word from any of the medical schools?
or is TMSDSAS just keeping stuff til the MCAT comes out?

And if your application doesn't get to the med schools til midOct how do u feel ur chances are at getting in?

i'm feeling rather discouraged right now... :(

Members don't see this ad.

This kids...is a prime example of why it's a disadvantage to apply the same year you take the August MCAT.

I know a lot of August MCAT'ers who go it the same yr. You need better than average stat's though, or you'll be waiting til next yr.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, better than average stats are necessary.

Thack Congrats on TTech......great school there.....great faculty......great students..........but Lubbock........Lubbock.......Lubbock?:clap:

Particularly in Texas, with the 7 school match on Feb. 1, how does a later application hurt you??? I thought all schools would rank their list and turn it in. Maybe it gets tougher to get an interview?

Rolling admissions would certainly have an impact on chances of admission if you apply late.

I just talked to TMDSAS and they indicated the peak application time is the last month to six weeks. So they are just starting to hit the peak time. I was trying to get a fix on processing time. They said 2 - 4 weeks is very accurate.

Originally posted by OrthoFixation
Maybe it gets tougher to get an interview?

You got it. A 3.5/30 looks a lot better in June than it does in October.

hey to all texas applicants, don't get discouraged just yet. i got my first interview invite from san antonio and i took the MCAT for the 2nd time in august. and i have low stats, believe me. gpa: overall= 3.52, science gpa = 3.23, MCAT: 24
ironically enough the inteview is for the day before i get my august MCAT scores!
and no, i'm not an under-represented minority. so there is still hope for all of you august MCAT'ers in texas.

Originally posted by anurac
hey to all texas applicants, don't get discouraged just yet. i got my first interview invite from san antonio and i took the MCAT for the 2nd time in august. and i have low stats, believe me. gpa: overall= 3.52, science gpa = 3.23, MCAT: 24
ironically enough the inteview is for the day before i get my august MCAT scores!
and no, i'm not an under-represented minority. so there is still hope for all of you august MCAT'ers in texas.

$10 says you have an interview at UT-H.