This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard from UMHB yet? I know they have interviews every two weeks and was hoping to get into the sept 27th one.
I am waiting on them too. Maybe we will hear something within the next week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!
My Stats:

School: Texas Woman's University
Major: Psychology
cGPA: 3.65 undergrad
3.92 postbac
pre-req GPA: 3.9-4.0 (depends on school)
GRE: 149V, 152Q, 4 AW

Hours: 30 in SNF, 7 in pediatric acute, 900 in pediatric outpatient (as a tech),1300 in outpatient ortho (as a tech), 30 sports/outpatient ortho

Extracurricular: several diversity outreach projects, multiple research symposiums

Work: Have been working as a physical therapy tech for over 1.5 years, worked as a lead at a spa

Volunteer: quality control at local food bank, service learning projects
Interviews: UNTHSC 11/1 (received 9/25), Texas State (received 10/25)
I submitted my applications on 8/14

Applied to: UTMB, UTEP, Texas State, UNTHSC, UTHSCSA
What do you think?

Last edited:
Hi!
My Stats:

School: Texas Woman's University
Major: Psychology
cGPA: 3.65 undergrad
3.92 postbac
pre-req GPA: 3.9-4.0 (depends on school)
GRE: 149V, 152Q, 4 AW

Hours: 30 in SNF, 7 in pediatric acute, 900 in pediatric outpatient (as a tech),1300 in outpatient ortho (as a tech), 30 sports/outpatient ortho

Extracurricular: several diversity outreach projects, multiple research symposiums

Work: Have been working as a physical therapy tech for over 1.5 years, worked as a lead at a spa

Volunteer: quality control at local food bank, service learning projects

Applied to: UTMB, UTEP, Texas State, UNTHSC, UTHSCSA
What do you think?
I feel like you definitely have a good shot. Your GRE is a little low, but your GPA definitely makes up for that. And it looks like you’re well-rounded. Good luck!! Keep us updated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone going to the On-Site visit at UTEP this weekend? And if anyone has gone in the past, was it helpful in any way?

Did anyone get a faculty review email from UTHSCSA and if so how long did they let you know if they are considering an interview?

Just received an interview from Tech! It’s for the 27th at the Lubbock campus.

Undergrad: University of Mount Union

Major: Exercise Science

Overall GPA: 3.79

Science and Math GPA: 3.50

GRE Scores: 155V/161Q/4.5W

Hours: 119 hrs (35 in acute traumatic brain injury, 84 in outpatient orthopedics/sports)
LOR: 2 professors, 2 PTs

Extra-Curricular: Varsity baseball, Vice President of Exercise Science Club, Student Senate Representative of Pre-PT Club, President and Founder of Chess Club, presented research at ACSM's Annual Meeting, exercise science tutor, umpire

Volunteer: Care on the square
Honors: Deans list all six semesters, academic all conference

Applied: University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio (UTHSCSA) (Early Decision), NAU (9/30), UNLV (9/30)

Rejections: UTHSCSA (9/13)

Interviews: NAU (11/1)

Acceptances:

Last edited:
Interviewed at UIW yesterday. Received interview invitations from UNTHSC and TTUHSC on Friday. Submitted all applications early August!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed at UIW yesterday. Received interview invitations from UNTHSC and TTUHSC on Friday. Submitted all applications early August!
When is your interview for Tech? Mine is the 27th at the Lubbock campus.

Hey y’all! Congrats on everyone getting interviews! I submitted my applications early September and am wondering how I’m squaring up to other applicants.

Undergrad in Environmental science
I was on academic and athletic scholarships
Played NAIA basketball and soccer
cGPA: 3.26
pGPA: 3.8-3.9
GRE: 151q 149v and 3.0 aw
LOR: 2 PT, 1 academic advisor (head of biology), 1 former coach
PT hours: ~200 total hours: inpatient (nursing home) and outpatient ortho/peds/neuro

I moved to the US from South America ten years ago for school. I speak three languages and think I have pretty strong essays.

Just started job as PT tech, otherwise have been working full time since junior year in college (past 5 years), not in healthcare field

Applied to: UTEP, UNTHSC, TTUHSC and UTMB.

I’ve been considering adding Hardin Simmons and St Augustine. Any input how competitive y’all think I am would be appreciative/ help me decide if I should apply to a few more schools.

Thanks guys!

Just received an interview from Mary-Hardin Baylor

Anyone heard from TWU? I was looking on last year's thread and it looked like people were hearing back from them right around this time.

Anyone heard from TWU? I was looking on last year's thread and it looked like people were hearing back from them right around this time.
When I went to their information session, they said that you should know by December 15th if you’ve accepted and Jan 30th for alternates.

When did you submit your application/supplemental application?
I submitted my PTCAS application on August 14th and the supplemental application a couple days after. My application was considered "complete" on August 20th.

I didn’t see a supplemental application for UNTHSC. Where did you get it?

Posting for friend:

GPA: 3.25 undergrad, 4.00 post bacc (7 hrs), cumulative: 3.25
GRE: 154V, 157Q, 3.5W
Extras: Mediocre...nothing too impressive, non traditional student

Applied: Baylor Hybrid, USA, UIW, Tech, Texas State, UTEP
Interviews: UIW (Received last week)
Rejections:
Acceptance:

Submitted application first week of August.
Update: friend got accepted to UIW on Friday!

Has anyone interviewed at UMHB yet? I have an interview there on Friday and was wondering what the day will look like.

Has anyone interviewed at UMHB yet? I have an interview there on Friday and was wondering what the day will look like.
You do your essay first, followed by the interview, and then you take the tour of the university and meet the dean of the health professional programs. I was done in about 2 hours.

You do your essay first, followed by the interview, and then you take the tour of the university and meet the dean of the health professional programs. I was done in about 2 hours.
Perfect. Thank you so much. If you don’t mind me asking, was the essay topic very difficult to write about?

Did anyone by chance apply to Creighton University in Omaha? I just got invited for an interview and I'm looking for more insight on them!

Anyone else get an invite to UTSW's interview day on January 6th?

Just got accepted to Mary Hardin Baylor!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone gone to the UNTHSC interview? If so how was it?

When did you submit your application? also congrats!!
Thanks so much! My PTCAS application was submitted on August 26th and my supplemental application was submitted on September 4th.

Congrats! I got accepted there too! Are you waiting to hear from other schools or are you planning on attending umhb?
I’m waiting to hear back from other schools. I had an interview with Texas Tech 2 weeks ago, so I’m waiting if I hear back this week. What about you? Congrats, by the way.

For those of you who have had interviews at any program, what types of questions do they ask?

For those of you who have had interviews at any program, what types of questions do they ask?
I've been to 3 interviews so far and the questions that came up pretty much at all of them have been:

1. Why do you want to be a physical therapist?
2. How well do you handle stress?
3. What do you do to cope with stress?
4. Why do you think you would be a good fit in this program specifically?
5. If you don't get into a physical therapy program this cycle, what will you do?
6. Tell me about a challenge that you faced recently, how you overcame that challenge, and what you learned from the experience overall.

Hope these help!

Reactions: 4 users
I’m waiting to hear back from other schools. I had an interview with Texas Tech 2 weeks ago, so I’m waiting if I hear back this week. What about you? Congrats, by the way.
Hardin simmons is my top choice, but I won't hear back from them until after their second interview day, so I just decided to accept at umhb. I might switch if I'm offered at hsu, but very unlikely because I really enjoyed the interview day at umhb

Hardin simmons is my top choice, but I won't hear back from them until after their second interview day, so I just decided to accept at umhb. I might switch if I'm offered at hsu, but very unlikely because I really enjoyed the interview day at umhb
Congrats on your acceptance, I got wait-listed but hopefully ill get in.

I applied to UNT, TTU, UTSA, Hardin-Simmons, UMHB, Baylor, USA-Austin, OKC, Southwest Baptist, Mo State, Midwestern-Glendale, and Wichita State.
Interviews: Baylor(video int. 10/1), UMHB(10/4), TTU(11/8), Hardin-Simmons(11/15), USA-Austin (12/6)
Waitlisted: Midwestern- Glendale
Rejected: TBD
Accepted: UMHB
Have not heard from UNT, OKC, SWB, Mo State, Wichita State

Has anyone heard from these schools?
Thanks!

I applied to UNT, TTU, UTSA, Hardin-Simmons, UMHB, Baylor, USA-Austin, OKC, Southwest Baptist, Mo State, Midwestern-Glendale, and Wichita State.
Interviews: Baylor(video int. 10/1), UMHB(10/4), TTU(11/8), Hardin-Simmons(11/15), USA-Austin (12/6)

Thanks!
UNT sent me an interview on October 8 for their November 1 interview

Thanks!
I got an interview invitation a few weeks ago from midwestern for November 13.