Texas DPT Schools 2020-2021 Wave

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also got accepted to UTMB’s traditional program

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody that got accepted into UTMB who will decline their seat to Texas Tech (if you were accepted into TTU)?

I also got accepted to UTMB's traditional program!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody that got accepted into UTMB who will decline their seat to Texas Tech (if you were accepted into TTU)?
I have been accepted to both Texas Tech (Odessa) & UTMB. Still undecided, but I'm leaning more towards UTMB.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on everyone getting accepted!! I am currently a 1st year at UTMB and just wanted to offer my assistance. I know with the way interviews are, you may not have had all of your questions answered. If anyone has any general PT school questions or UTMB specific questions, message me! Be proud of yourself for making it this far and don’t fall into the temptation of comparing yourself to others. Y’all are doing great!

To everyone who got accepted to UTMB, how did they contact you?

Is anyone still waiting to hear from TWU Houston?

is there anyone planning on going to utmb? I got accepted and would love to connect!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if it’s helpful to write a letter of intent if you’re on the waitlist for a school?

Does anyone know if it’s helpful to write a letter of intent if you’re on the waitlist for a school?
I’ve heard this is actually really helpful from previous students on the waitlist. It shows the school you’re committed and interested especially if the school doesn’t have a formal ranking it could work in your favor

Anybody here apply to the Army-Baylor program?

Has anyone still not heard from UTMB after their interview? I’m seeing that others have received acceptances, but I haven’t heard anything at all so I just wanted to check in.

Has anyone still not heard from UTMB after their interview? I’m seeing that others have received acceptances, but I haven’t heard anything at all so I just wanted to check in.
Hi there! Current 1st year at UTMB. During the interview process they said they will send out some acceptances on January 15, so wait until then. If it helps, I was one of the last group of people to get accepted (February). Try to be patient! I know, easier said then done lol.

Hi there! Current 1st year at UTMB. During the interview process they said they will send out some acceptances on January 15, so wait until then. If it helps, I was one of the last group of people to get accepted (February). Try to be patient! I know, easier said then done lol.
Got it! Thank you so much, that’s so helpful.

Just a quick question to current DPT students: How did you for DPT school? Did you use loans, and if so, was it from a bank or third party (if third party, which third party would be best)?
I’ve been pondering this for a while now. Thank you so much.

I interviewed on 12/16 and haven’t heard back. I also selected the hybrid program, not traditional.

I was thinking about sending a follow-up email, but I don’t want to be annoying!

Just a quick question to current DPT students: How did you for DPT school? Did you use loans, and if so, was it from a bank or third party (if third party, which third party would be best)?
I’ve been pondering this for a while now. Thank you so much.
I personally used federal loans to cover expenses. Most students go this route. Federal loans should be your first choice before any bank or other third party (private) loans. Federal loans usually have lower interest rates and you can qualify for any forgiveness the federal government might offer. Private loans tend to have higher interest rates and any change that happens at the federal level will not affect them (interest was frozen for several months on federal loans b/c of COVID but not for private. You would have to contact your private loan provider and work something out if COVID affected you and they may or may not work with you). Im no loan expert so I recommend talking with financial aid at whatever school you plan on attending to get more information and do your best to avoid private loans.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi! I just withdrew my seat from UIW and Texas Tech. I hope it helps someone else out!!

Received word that I’ve been waitlisted at UTMB!

Anyone declining a spot at UNTHSC? Or have heard anything about the waitlist?

@aggie.pt.2020 Were you waitlisted, and if so, did you send a letter of intent (letter of continued interest)?

Accepted into UIW! Anyone else attending UIW in the fall?
Congratulations!! How was the interview! I have an interview coming up and wanted to know what kind of questions I need to prepare for!! Any tips helps 🤞🏼🥺

Accepted off the waitlist at UTMB!

Hello, has anyone heard anything about Baylor Hybrid 2021 wave?

I also got accepted off the waitlist at Tech!
Did you end up sending them a letter of intent? If so who/where did you send it. I send an email asking if they accepted them but never got an answer.