You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas DPT Schools 2020-2021 Wave
Started by aggie.pt.2021
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
JusticeReyV
Full Member
Anybody that got accepted into UTMB who will decline their seat to Texas Tech (if you were accepted into TTU)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been accepted to both Texas Tech (Odessa) & UTMB. Still undecided, but I'm leaning more towards UTMB.Anybody that got accepted into UTMB who will decline their seat to Texas Tech (if you were accepted into TTU)?
Congrats on everyone getting accepted!! I am currently a 1st year at UTMB and just wanted to offer my assistance. I know with the way interviews are, you may not have had all of your questions answered. If anyone has any general PT school questions or UTMB specific questions, message me! Be proud of yourself for making it this far and don’t fall into the temptation of comparing yourself to others. Y’all are doing great!
I got my acceptance through email!To everyone who got accepted to UTMB, how did they contact you?
JusticeReyV
Full Member
Through email.To everyone who got accepted to UTMB, how did they contact you?
JusticeReyV
Full Member
Anyone who was offered acceptance off of the waitlist for Texas Tech?
JusticeReyV
Full Member
Accepted into UTEP.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
letsdothisptthing
Full Member
I’ve heard this is actually really helpful from previous students on the waitlist. It shows the school you’re committed and interested especially if the school doesn’t have a formal ranking it could work in your favorDoes anyone know if it’s helpful to write a letter of intent if you’re on the waitlist for a school?
JusticeReyV
Full Member
Which school are you interested in?Does anyone know if it’s helpful to write a letter of intent if you’re on the waitlist for a school?
UNT and TTU!Which school are you interested in?
JusticeReyV
Full Member
Going to deny acceptance offer at UTEP.
Congrats, man. You really deserve it.Got accepted to UTMB today at 8:06am.
I did! Going through the phase-II process right now.Anybody here apply to the Army-Baylor program?
Yes, in the process now.Anybody here apply to the Army-Baylor program?
Hi there! Current 1st year at UTMB. During the interview process they said they will send out some acceptances on January 15, so wait until then. If it helps, I was one of the last group of people to get accepted (February). Try to be patient! I know, easier said then done lol.Has anyone still not heard from UTMB after their interview? I’m seeing that others have received acceptances, but I haven’t heard anything at all so I just wanted to check in.
YessirAnybody here apply to the Army-Baylor program?
Got it! Thank you so much, that’s so helpful.Hi there! Current 1st year at UTMB. During the interview process they said they will send out some acceptances on January 15, so wait until then. If it helps, I was one of the last group of people to get accepted (February). Try to be patient! I know, easier said then done lol.
JusticeReyV
Full Member
Just a quick question to current DPT students: How did you for DPT school? Did you use loans, and if so, was it from a bank or third party (if third party, which third party would be best)?
I’ve been pondering this for a while now. Thank you so much.
I’ve been pondering this for a while now. Thank you so much.
I interviewed on 12/16 and haven’t heard back. I also selected the hybrid program, not traditional.Has anyone still not heard from UTMB after their interview? I’m seeing that others have received acceptances, but I haven’t heard anything at all so I just wanted to check in.
I was thinking about sending a follow-up email, but I don’t want to be annoying!
Thank you for posting this!!Got it! Thank you so much, that’s so helpful.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I personally used federal loans to cover expenses. Most students go this route. Federal loans should be your first choice before any bank or other third party (private) loans. Federal loans usually have lower interest rates and you can qualify for any forgiveness the federal government might offer. Private loans tend to have higher interest rates and any change that happens at the federal level will not affect them (interest was frozen for several months on federal loans b/c of COVID but not for private. You would have to contact your private loan provider and work something out if COVID affected you and they may or may not work with you). Im no loan expert so I recommend talking with financial aid at whatever school you plan on attending to get more information and do your best to avoid private loans.Just a quick question to current DPT students: How did you for DPT school? Did you use loans, and if so, was it from a bank or third party (if third party, which third party would be best)?
I’ve been pondering this for a while now. Thank you so much.
@aggie.pt.2020 Were you waitlisted, and if so, did you send a letter of intent (letter of continued interest)?Hi there! Current 1st year at UTMB. During the interview process they said they will send out some acceptances on January 15, so wait until then. If it helps, I was one of the last group of people to get accepted (February). Try to be patient! I know, easier said then done lol.
I was not waitlisted. I had my interview in January and received my acceptance around the first week of February.@aggie.pt.2020 Were you waitlisted, and if so, did you send a letter of intent (letter of continued interest)?
JusticeReyV
Full Member
Received acceptance off waitlist into Texas Tech.
Received acceptance off waitlist into Texas Tech.
Congrats!
Congratulations!! How was the interview! I have an interview coming up and wanted to know what kind of questions I need to prepare for!! Any tips helps 🤞🏼🥺Accepted into UIW! Anyone else attending UIW in the fall?
JusticeReyV
Full Member
Awesome. Which campus?I also got accepted off the waitlist at Tech!
Lubbock! What about you?Awesome. Which campus?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JusticeReyV
Full Member
Ohhh nice. I got Odessa.Lubbock! What about you?
Congratulations!Accepted off the waitlist at UTMB!
Did you end up sending them a letter of intent? If so who/where did you send it. I send an email asking if they accepted them but never got an answer.I also got accepted off the waitlist at Tech!