Texas DPT Schools 2020-2021 Wave

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still waiting to hear from TWU and UT Southwestern?
I heard back from UT Southwestern 11/2 after my interview 10/30. I know most are waiting to hear back. They had their second, I believe it's their last, interview round this past Friday I believe. So people should start hearing back possibly Monday?

I heard back from UT Southwestern 11/2 after my interview 10/30. I know most are waiting to hear back. They had their second, I believe it's their last, interview round this past Friday I believe. So people should start hearing back possibly Monday?
Do you know if UTSW sends rejection emails? I haven't heard anything at all from them yet, so I'm unsure if I should consider that a rejection or if there's still hope that I'll be hearing something. On their website it says that they'll be conducting interviews through January, but I'm not sure.

Do you know if UTSW sends rejection emails? I haven't heard anything at all from them yet, so I'm unsure if I should consider that a rejection or if there's still hope that I'll be hearing something. On their website it says that they'll be conducting interviews through January, but I'm not sure.
I just had my interview with them on Friday and they said they might be accepting people up to March. They didn't really want to give us a deadline of when we would hear back, but I am not sure if they send rejection letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just had my interview with them on Friday and they said they might be accepting people up to March. They didn't really want to give us a deadline of when we would hear back, but I am not sure if they send rejection letters.
Got it! Thank you so much.

I'm not sure if they do. I'm sure they do, but possibly just not yet! They may have concluded their interviews already because when I talked to them they said they'd only be interviewing 100 people, which they just finished. But that's just from what I know! They probably said through March as people make final decisions about other schools and such! They definitely weren't solid about giving a deadline for rejections/acceptances!

I'm not sure if they do. I'm sure they do, but possibly just not yet! They may have concluded their interviews already because when I talked to them they said they'd only be interviewing 100 people, which they just finished. But that's just from what I know! They probably said through March as people make final decisions about other schools and such! They definitely weren't solid about giving a deadline for rejections/acceptances!
Okay, that makes sense. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone plans on attending to UTSW feel free to message me! I have a groupme for our cohort! Congrats again!

I know a lot more ppl seem to have applied to more south/southwest Texas schools, but has anyone else applied to any west Texas schools? Has anyone heard back yet from TTU or UTEP? I haven’t heard anything from TTU since my interview in NOV, and UTEP sent out an email saying we should hear back by December, but haven’t heard anything since then

I know a lot more ppl seem to have applied to more south/southwest Texas schools, but has anyone else applied to any west Texas schools? Has anyone heard back yet from TTU or UTEP? I haven’t heard anything from TTU since my interview in NOV, and UTEP sent out an email saying we should hear back by December, but haven’t heard anything since then
Nothing yet

Hey! I would email Stacey! I heard they sent out acceptances, so I contacted her and she told me I was waitlisted.
Thank you, I just emailed her and she replied in about 30 seconds and told me "We are working on getting letters sent out. We appreciate your patience." So if anyone else was wondering I hope this helps.

I haven’t heard back from TTU or UTEP yet. I interviewed with TTU on 10/23/20.

Congrats!! Did they say how many people they were accepting off waitlist? I'm really hoping to get accepted there.
Thank you! And they did not mention anything they just said the process would be slow on accepting students off the wait list

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed with TTU 11/14, haven’t heard anything from either school yet

Major: Biochemistry
GPA: 3.3
Pre Req GPA: 3.7-3.8 (depending on school)
GRE: 149 Verbal, 147 Math, 4.0 Writing

Observation Hours: 2000 hrs

Extra Curriculars: Marching Band (served as section leader, squad leader, class rep, Secretary/Treasurer, and President); Courtside Players (Pep Band); Medical Service Organization; First Aid Service Team; African Student Organization; American Chemical Society.

Volunteer: Humane Society (200 hours), Relay for Life (15 hours), Ridgecrest Retirement Home (30 hours), Steppin Out (12 hours), Baylor Scott and White @ Hillcrest (40 hours)

Applied: UNTHSC, Texas Tech, UTMB, UTSW, UTEP, UIW, St. Augustine (Austin)

Interviews: Texas Tech (10/30)

Waitlisted: Texas Tech (12/11)

Rejection: UNTHSC (10/21), UTMB (11/3)

Acceptances:

Just got an email from Texas Tech saying I’m waitlisted

I actually got an acceptance email from UTEP on Tuesday, December 8th! I sent in my application for them toward the beginning of October.

Me too, do you know how many people are waitlisted/how the process works?

I have no clue. I don’t think they would tell us how many were waitlisted and I think whenever there’s an open spot they would just contact us.

I have no clue. I don’t think they would tell us how many were waitlisted and I think whenever there’s an open spot they would just contact us.
I’m waitlisted too. Haven’t heard for utep