China and Eastern Asia Texas med school as a resident?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

amy45181

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am an international student with F1 visa, studying in one of Texas universities now. I graduated from Texas highschool, too. I saw somewhere(don't know where exactly) that if I went to highschool and university in Texas, I can be considered as a Texas resident. Since it is REALLY hard for international student(w/o greencard) to be accepted to Med school, I wonder if choosing to go to a med school in texas will possibly increase the possibility to get in the med school?

If I am wrong about this, what will be the best way to get a greencard as a student?

Thank you
 
I am in the same situation as well. I don't think we are considered Texas residents 🙁

I feel you, it's a hard journey, but hang in there! Wish you luck!
 
Hi, I am an international student with F1 visa, studying in one of Texas universities now. I graduated from Texas highschool, too. I saw somewhere(don't know where exactly) that if I went to highschool and university in Texas, I can be considered as a Texas resident. Since it is REALLY hard for international student(w/o greencard) to be accepted to Med school, I wonder if choosing to go to a med school in texas will possibly increase the possibility to get in the med school?

If I am wrong about this, what will be the best way to get a greencard as a student?

Thank you

I am in the same situation as well. I don't think we are considered Texas residents 🙁

I feel you, it's a hard journey, but hang in there! Wish you luck!

https://www.tmdsas.com/medical/residency.html

I feel like option 1 fits you guys...