General Admissions & OTCAS Texas OT applicants 2018/2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Texas Tech denies anyone, or are you automatically put on the waitlist? Also, what are the odds of getting off the waitlist?
They do both, they deny and also put people as alternates. I shadowed an Occupational Therapist that was on the waitlist at Texas Tech until April, so I think it all depends.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have information on the Flex MOT program in the University of St. Augustine? I was reading that it's a hybrid program, which is really interesting.

I was accepted into UTHSCSA and got the acceptance email right before my UTMB interview so that gave me a huge confidence boost.

The UTMB interview was very laid back and welcoming. The professors and students are there to get to know you and thats pretty much it. They didn't ask anything that you wouldnt know the answer of. The individual interview was just 4 questions and mine was more of just a 15 min conversation. The group interview was a discussion in front of two interviewers and its you with three other applicants. Honestly nothing to be scared of, just always have something to say.

I got into UTHSCSA, too! It was my top choice, so I have already sent in my letter of intent, paid the deposit, and completed the background check. Sounds like you will take UTMB if accepted???

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They do both, they deny and also put people as alternates. I shadowed an Occupational Therapist that was on the waitlist at Texas Tech until April, so I think it all depends.
Ugh! I hope spots open at Tech, I loved that program

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I also applied to ACU! & you’re correct, they don’t have interviews.

Yay! I noticed not many people were talking about ACU so I was curious how many other applicants applied! Hoping we hear back soon!

I didn't get into my top choice UTHSA, but already working on improving my application and going to their Open House in Feb. Congrats to everyone accepted!

Yay! I noticed not many people were talking about ACU so I was curious how many other applicants applied! Hoping we hear back soon!
I called ACU and apparently only around 200 people have applied, and they accept 45 people. Fingers crossed!

Hey y’all Texas Tech sent me and one of my friends an acceptance to their school after we had been waitlisted since December! Check your emails just in case!

Reactions: 2 users
I’d like to know where I stand on these waiting list! Am I number 5 or 50?? Does anyone know how many ppl on are on TT waiting list??

Accepted UTHSCSA
Accepted off of the waitlist at Texas Tech (declines)
Waiting: TWU, ACU

Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet! Trying to patiently wait but I have been refreshing the email page every 10 minutes!

If you applied to UTMB, log in to your MyStar account! They haven't sent emails but have updated your status in the system.

I have been silently stalking this thread since I submitted my application for TWU Dallas. Congrats to everyone accepted!

Thank you so much! This has been such a process, and I am so relieved. Third times a charm!!!
You know, I have been following you from the beginning as you started your thread. I just be quiet and observed your posts and silently wished the miracles happening to you. Many congrats to you. Blessings

Well waitlisted for TWU Denton as of today, hopefully after all the others get their 1st choices notified I’ll get called up

Well waitlisted for TWU Denton as of today, hopefully after all the others get their 1st choices notified I’ll get called up
Same! 2nd year applying, so i'm really hoping for a miracle as i'm sure the UTMB/TWU responses will causes shifts in other programs.

I’ll be declining my offers to UTMB and Texas Tech soon, so hopefully there’s a good shift in the waitlist!

Major: Human Development & Family Studies
Overall GPA: 3.64 - graduated May 2018
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5-3.8 (depending on the program)
GRE: 153-Verbal, 146-Quantitative & 4-Writing

Activites: over 600 hours of community service in a community service organization, did research in my college for a professor for two semester, Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for A&P I, Internship with physical therapist in spain

Volunteer/Observation: 850+ hours of work experience/observation as a rehab tech in an inpatient hospital, 50 hours in a neuro outpatient clinic, 60 hours in a pediatric outpatient clinic, 40 hours in an inpatient rehab hospital

Letters of Rec: 2 OT (1 from Director of OT Department at hospital, 1 from professor in my undergrad college)

Applied: TTUHSC, UTRGV, UTMB, UTHSCSA, TWU
Interviews: TTUHSC(11/16), UTHSCSA (12/18), UTMB (1/25), TWU (1/10)- Declined
Waitlist: TTUHSC, UTMB
Acceptances: UTRGV(declined), UTHSCSA

UPDATE: I GOT OFF OF UTHSCSA's waitlist today!! I will be accepting this position! Would love to network with others that are also going!

Reactions: 4 users
I’ll be declining my offers to UTMB and Texas Tech soon, so hopefully there’s a good shift in the waitlist!

If you don’t mind me asking where will you be attending?

Accepted into UTMB!!
Accepted to TWU-Houston and I will be declining my acceptances from both TWU Hou andTexas Tech.

Last edited:
If you don’t mind me asking where will you be attending?

I was planning on attending TWU-Dallas but now I’m not so sure anymore because I keep thinking about UTMB lol... But for sure declining Texas Tech’s offer.

Accepted to TWU Dallas and UTMB! It'll be a difficult decision but I'm so happy!

I was planning on attending TWU-Dallas but now I’m not so sure anymore because I keep thinking about UTMB lol... But for sure declining Texas Tech’s offer.

Well, best of luck. I’m sure whatever choice you make will be the right one :)

I also got into TWU Houston!!
Sending prayers and good vibes to anyone waitlisted or still waiting to hear back!

I already accepted the offer. Do you live in Houston?

I will only rescind if I get into the program in Arkansas, but I won’t know if I even have an interview until the end of this month!
Yes, I did accept! I was also accepted to MCPHS, but will be attending TWU as I’m in the Houston area!

I also got into TWU Houston!!
Sending prayers and good vibes to anyone waitlisted or still waiting to hear back!
Congrats!! Will TWU be your final choice or are you waiting to hear from other schools?

Major: Human Development & Family Studies
Overall GPA: 3.64 - graduated May 2018
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5-3.8 (depending on the program)
GRE: 153-Verbal, 146-Quantitative & 4-Writing

Activites: over 600 hours of community service in a community service organization, did research in my college for a professor for two semester, Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for A&P I, Internship with physical therapist in spain

Volunteer/Observation: 850+ hours of work experience/observation as a rehab tech in an inpatient hospital, 50 hours in a neuro outpatient clinic, 60 hours in a pediatric outpatient clinic, 40 hours in an inpatient rehab hospital

Letters of Rec: 2 OT (1 from Director of OT Department at hospital, 1 from professor in my undergrad college)

Applied: TTUHSC, UTRGV, UTMB, UTHSCSA, TWU
Interviews: TTUHSC(11/16), UTHSCSA (12/18), UTMB (1/25), TWU (1/10)- Declined
Waitlist: TTUHSC, UTMB
Acceptances: UTRGV(declined), UTHSCSA

UPDATE: I GOT OFF OF UTHSCSA's waitlist today!! I will be accepting this position! Would love to network with others that are also going!

Congrats!! I accepted UTHSCSA! We should start off a thread for us!

I already accepted the offer. Do you live in Houston?

I will only rescind if I get into the program in Arkansas, but I won’t know if I even have an interview until the end of this month!

What Arkansas program?
I’m from Arkansas. Haha

I also got accepted to TWU houston.

Congrats to you!

Are you accepting TWU Houston?

Yeah I’m accepting TWU. I didn’t apply to any Arkansas schools. ( I Couldn’t stand to live in Conway) I applied to ACU in Texas and WCU in California.

Yes, I did accept! I was also accepted to MCPHS, but will be attending TWU as I’m in the Houston area!

Congrats! May I ask when you heard back from MCPHS & when you submitted your application? I’m waiting to hear back from them, but I didn’t apply until early December!

Congrats! May I ask when you heard back from MCPHS & when you submitted your application? I’m waiting to hear back from them, but I didn’t apply until early December!
I heard back from MCPHS on October 30 and I got confirmation they received my application late September. I hope this helps! Good luck!