Texas PT School Apps 2015-2016 (PTCAS/non-PTCAS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had a friend who applied ED For UNTHSC and already got a rejection email? Do they normally give rejections that early? Maybe she received the wrong letter? I always thought they'd send them after the regular deadline

No, that sounds right. With ED they are required to let you know by Sept 25 according to this: http://www.ptcas.org/ptcas/public/earlydecision.aspx?navID=10737426886.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
UNTHSC doesn't do PTCAS ED. They have their own unofficial one, so they don't have to adhere to that rule. Does your friend meet the minimum criteria? She might've been automatically denied.
Ah, got it. Good to know, thnx!

UNTHSC doesn't do PTCAS ED. They have their own unofficial one, so they don't have to adhere to that rule. Does your friend meet the minimum criteria? She might've been automatically denied.
Yeah, she was automatically denied. She told me she got a response within a week or so. I just thought that was quick since it was the same time they sent out invites for interviews.

I got an email this morning saying to call and invited to an interview when I called them. I turned my application in on PTCAS on July 30th.
Thats awesome. Congrats on the interview! I am hoping that they are going in order of how they received the applications, because I haven't heard yet, but I didn't get my apps in until about a month after you. Hopefully I will here from them soon! Thanks so much for the info!

Has anyone heard of anyone already accepted into the program at Texas tech for the Lubbock campus?

Has anyone that interviewed at Hardin Simmons heard back from them yet?

Is there only one early applicant interview date?
There is one round of early interviews. They may split up the group into two so there maybe 2 different scheduled times within a day.

Allywally, is your UTHSCA interview for early offer? Sorry for all the questions, some of us are trying to figure out what's going on with UTHSCA. Thanks!
Mine was for an early offer but I had to reschedule to the December date because of my UTMB interview. So I may have bumped myself out of early offer!

Oh ok. I applied but haven't heard anything yet :( fingers crossed we both have good news coming

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a interview from Hardin-Simmons for next Friday... I'm SO nervous..Don't really know what to expect. Heard they ask "real interview" questions? Not sure what that means though. I also heard that they make you write a timed essay as part of their interview? Has anybody interviewed with them? Would love to hear about if you have the time...

I wish all of you guys luck!! I still haven't heard from Texas Tech either which is weird because I interviewed with them last year in September and got denied in December...I thought I applied this year with better stats. It's a real struggle :( :(

I just received a interview from Hardin-Simmons for next Friday... I'm SO nervous..Don't really know what to expect. Heard they ask "real interview" questions? Not sure what that means though. I also heard that they make you write a timed essay as part of their interview? Has anybody interviewed with them? Would love to hear about if you have the time...

I wish all of you guys luck!! I still haven't heard from Texas Tech either which is weird because I interviewed with them last year in September and got denied in December...I thought I applied this year with better stats. It's a real struggle :( :(
Congrats on the Hardin-Simmons interview! Good luck!
Its weird with Tech I was having trouble getting one of my recommendations in. Their website was not sending it to my PT or her email wasn't receiving it. this went back and fourth for almost 2 months trying to get my last documents submitted. I finally got it all in literally on the last day. Another person on this thread said that they already interviewed at tech and got an acceptance letter and paid his deposit!! They apparently had their second round of interviews on the 30th of October and are planning on having another round.. not sure when they are planning on notify those students but hopefully we are both in that group! Good luck!

Good luck at Hardin Simmons. The interview isn't bad I interviewed there during the first round! There is no writing portion anymore. They took that away! I just haven't heard back from them since :(

Called UNTHSC today and also got invited to interview Nov. 17!

Stats:

3.75 GPA/3.67 pre-req/ 3.9+ last 60
326 GRE (168v/158q)
About 250 observation/volunteer hours in several different settings

I had an interview at Hardin-Simmons during their first round. Don't stress- it's really not bad at all! I probably felt more comfortable and relaxed at their interview than any other I've been to. My interviewer did throw in a few kind of eclectic questions I wasn't prepared for, but he and all the other staff and students there were so welcoming and really made sure to make all of us feel at home! I heard back from them a few days after the interview and found out I was accepted- it's my first and only acceptance so far. And yes, the writing portion has been taken out; we didn't have to do anything other than one interview!

Congrats and good luck!

Congrats on being accepted to Hardin-Simmons Inh507 :). Im just expecting the questions like "Why do you want to be a PT", "What are your most memorable observation experience", "what are your weaknesses and strengths" and" what are your hobbies". For Tech last year I interviewed I got asked " what I felt about the rising technology and how it will effect our youth" I felt so random lol. Is that ehat you mean about the questions Inh507? And it says that I should be available from 8 am to 5 pm... Were you there that long?

Thanks so much!!! <3

Congrats on the Hardin-Simmons interview! Good luck!
Its weird with Tech I was having trouble getting one of my recommendations in. Their website was not sending it to my PT or her email wasn't receiving it. this went back and fourth for almost 2 months trying to get my last documents submitted. I finally got it all in literally on the last day. Another person on this thread said that they already interviewed at tech and got an acceptance letter and paid his deposit!! They apparently had their second round of interviews on the 30th of October and are planning on having another round.. not sure when they are planning on notify those students but hopefully we are both in that group! Good luck!

Do you know if that will be the last round of interviews for Tech? Hopefully we get it!! Ive been loosing my mind constantly checking my email :(

From what I've been able to gather from this Forum they are having a third and final one :/ I might call tomorrow to see what is up.. If I should assume Im not getting an interview since I haven't heard anything… I will let you know what they say if I decide to call.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck at Hardin Simmons. The interview isn't bad I interviewed there during the first round! There is no writing portion anymore. They took that away! I just haven't heard back from them since :(

Awe, you will hear back soon. They are probably just waiting till after this next interview :)))). Have you heard back from other schools?

Their second round of interviews is on Friday. After that they hold one more. Maybe they are waiting for this round to be over before they invite the third round?
They only give 10 days notice for interviews! So I wouldn't start worrying until you get closer to the third interview day!

Congrats on being accepted to Hardin-Simmons Inh507 :). Im just expecting the questions like "Why do you want to be a PT", "What are your most memorable observation experience", "what are your weaknesses and strengths" and" what are your hobbies". For Tech last year I interviewed I got asked " what I felt about the rising technology and how it will effect our youth" I felt so random lol. Is that ehat you mean about the questions Inh507? And it says that I should be available from 8 am to 5 pm... Were you there that long?

Thanks so much!!! <3
I interviewed at HS in October and I was asked questions such as.. "Tell me about a time you were taken out of your comfort zone, how you responded, and what the outcome was.", "Tell me about a childhood dream and if it came true.", "What book have you read in the previous month and what did you learn from it?" Also make sure you know what current legislative issues PT is facing as a field!

You'll either be scheduled for a morning session or an afternoon session closer to the actual date. I had the afternoon session and I was there ~11am-3pm

Awe, you will hear back soon. They are probably just waiting till after this next interview :)))). Have you heard back from other schools?
Thanks for the kind words! I haven't heard for any other schools yet except I have an interview at UNTHSC in a few weeks! So hopefully I'll do well there!

Called UNTHSC today and also got invited to interview Nov. 17!

Stats:

3.75 GPA/3.67 pre-req/ 3.9+ last 60
326 GRE (168v/158q)
About 250 observation/volunteer hours in several different settings

Congrats! When did you get your apps in? Did you get an email today telling you to call them?

I haven't heard about many people getting accepted into tech at the Lubbock camps yet. I think they may be going through the process slow this year! Good luck to everyone on interviews!

I interviewed at HS in October and I was asked questions such as.. "Tell me about a time you were taken out of your comfort zone, how you responded, and what the outcome was.", "Tell me about a childhood dream and if it came true.", "What book have you read in the previous month and what did you learn from it?" Also make sure you know what current legislative issues PT is facing as a field!

You'll either be scheduled for a morning session or an afternoon session closer to the actual date. I had the afternoon session and I was there ~11am-3pm

Thank you so much!!! This is really helpful :). Was the interview with one professor or was it with a panel of other students and professors? I'm sorry for all the questions.. This is just me freaking out :( :(

Thank you so much!!! This is really helpful :). Was the interview with one professor or was it with a panel of other students and professors? I'm sorry for all the questions.. This is just me freaking out :( :(
It was really laid back, so don't fret! It was two students and one faculty member. It made it more like a conversation than just a back and forth Q&A

Has anyone got an invite for Texas State, I'm going Nov. 16. Don't know what to except though for their interview process? Any thoughts?

Has anyone got an invite for Texas State, I'm going Nov. 16. Don't know what to except though for their interview process? Any thoughts?
I have an interview as well, but haven't heard anything about what it will be like! Best of luck!

Also going to Texas State November 16! I too am clueless as to how it will be though :)

Congrats! When did you get your apps in? Did you get an email today telling you to call them?

I believe I submitted my PTCAS app on 8/7 if I'm remembering correctly, verified maybe a week or two later. Yep, it was actually last Friday after 5 so had to wait till Monday to call though.

Got interview invitation from UTSW DPT, it will be held on Jan 11th :).

I have received interviews for the following schools in the last week:
Texas State - Nov 16
UTSW - Jan 11
UNT - Jan 29
However I live in Houston and I already got accepted to UTMB, and I am waiting for TWU's response which will come in December. Do y'all think I should still check these schools out?

Texas State - Nov 16
UTSW - Jan 11
UNT - Jan 29
However I live in Houston and I already got accepted to UTMB, and I am waiting for TWU's response which will come in December. Do y'all think I should still check these schools out?
Hi Kinghooper,

When did you submit your PTCAS application to UNTHSC? I turned it in 10/18 and haven't heard anything from them yet.

Texas State - Nov 16
UTSW - Jan 11
UNT - Jan 29

I understand that UTSW switched their interviews till January this year and it might be tough to wait, but I say give it a shot. You'll be blown away at what we offer! I was accepted to TWU and UNT and many of my classmates were accepted to tons of other schools including Duke, USC, Tech, UTEP and many many more...and they all chose UTSW for a good reason. Give it a shot. I'll be there giving you a tour ;)

Just an honest question for all of you Texas residents. I am an out of state student and am super curious as to why hardly anybody applies to Angelo State University. Is there something about the program that I don't know about.

Just an honest question for all of you Texas residents. I am an out of state student and am super curious as to why hardly anybody applies to Angelo State University. Is there something about the program that I don't know about.
I was thinking about applying to it but its not a PTCAS school so its extra work in applying. Plus its a little far out from the major cities.

San Angelo is kind of out there, that was the only reason I didn't apply. I couldn't see myself living there, which was one of the requirements I gave myself for spending the money to apply to a school.

Has anyone heard from TWU? I heard that the Dallas campus has started making calls!