General Admissions & OTCAS Texas schools 2020-2021 stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

So I emailed the person from TTU and according to her there’s no definitive date on when we will get a response from them. I interviewed in September.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! For those of you interviewing at TWU - Houston, have y'all received a follow up email with interview day details, during the week of November 11th?
 
Hi has anyone know what to expect for the writing portion for TWU interview or can give any tips on how to prep for it?

Hi! I'm a second-time applicant, who interviewed with TWU last year and honestly, there is no real way you can prep for the writing portion. All I can tell you is that you have close to 30 minutes to answer it, it's question that you have to think quick on your feet.

But, someone had once told me that regardless of the question always use personal experience and relate the question back to OT 🙂
 
Hi! I'm a second-time applicant, who interviewed with TWU last year and honestly, there is no real way you can prep for the writing portion. All I can tell you is that you have close to 30 minutes to answer it, it's question that you have to think quick on your feet.

But, someone had once told me that regardless of the question always use personal experience and relate the question back to OT 🙂
Thank you so much for this help! Good luck this round 🙂
 
What did y’all wear for previous virtual interviews?

Hey! Personally I would treat the virtual interview the same way I would treat an in-person interview and dress to impress (such as wearing a pantsuit style outfit).That way I am showing the school and the individuals interviewing me that I am completely serious about this opportunity, regardless of it being a virtual interview. Hope this helps and good luck 🙂
 
Hello!!! This is my second time applying so fingers crossed it works out! The first time I applied I made the mistake of applying to only Texas schools. I was told by one of the OT's I shadowed that texas is very oversaturated with pre-ot students and suggested I would have a better chance of applying all across the country.
Texas schools: TWU, UTMB, El Paso, Texas Tech, and Abilene
Out of state: Georgia State, East Carolina University, Minnesota, Indiana- Bloomington, Indiana State, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Chicago University, and New Mexico

University: the University of Texas at Austin
Major: Sociology
Minors: Psychology
Overall GPA: Not sure because I went to different colleges to take pre-reqs and I transferred
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: V: 150 Q: 149 W: 4.5 (for sure gonna take it again because I didn't really study)
Work Experience: Worked as a behavior therapy aid for 1 year, therapy technician/volunteer coordinator for 1.5 years, and currently working as a rehabilitation technician at a hospital. During my undergrad, I shadowed and volunteered at multiple therapy clinics so I wanna say I have over 100+ hours.
Extra-Curricular: Social officer of my university OT club, small group leader & hospitality member for my college ministry
Have you heard back from New Mexico, I applied there as well!
 
Has anybody heard back from UTMB? I know their interview is December 10th/11th, but I haven't gotten an email saying I have received an interview or not.
 
Has anybody heard back from UTMB? I know their interview is December 10th/11th, but I haven't gotten an email saying I have received an interview or not.
I haven't heard from them either, but I'm thinking they might reach out at least 2 weeks prior to interviewing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I got an email saying Texas Tech extended the deadline for providing a LOR, does anyone know what that deadline is?
 
So I got an email saying Texas Tech extended the deadline for providing a LOR, does anyone know what that deadline is?
Hi, did you have all of your recommenders submit their LORs on OTCAS for you?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes I interviewed in September! I was emailed via email about 2 weeks ago. But I do know people who interviewed at the end of october who found out they were accepted about 2 weeks after
 
Yes I interviewed in September! I was emailed via email about 2 weeks ago. But I do know people who interviewed at the end of october who found out they were accepted about 2 weeks after
Yes, I interviewed at the end of October as well. Know people that have been accepted and now waitlisted. I was going on no news is good news, but I don’t know now. They were my top choice:-(
 
Yes I interviewed in September! I was emailed via email about 2 weeks ago. But I do know people who interviewed at the end of october who found out they were accepted about 2 weeks after

That makes me wonder if they are still conducting interviews