Texas Schools that DON´T have secondary fees?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SCooFS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm filling out TMDSAS as OOS only for TCOM (I realize that they are only 10% OOS but I should be pretty competitive here.) I know the primary is the same for all schools so I figure I'll send my application to a few other schools. Has anybody compiled a list as to which schools require $ with secondary? Seeing as it is so hard for OOS I don't think it is worth paying secondaries but if it is going to be free I figure I might as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I really don't think know of any school anywhere that doesn't charge for secondary fees.

Last edited:
Utmb, Utsa, Ut-Houston don't have secondaries

Idk about the new schools (dell and rio grande valley)

Also, TMDSAS has a flat fee of $140, so if you're competitive I would go for them all

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, UTSW has a secondary application that's free. (or it was for the 2014-2015 cycle)

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, UTSW's secondary is free. I was so broke when applying last summer that I wasn't going to fill out the UTSW secondary (I thought I didn't have a chance at getting in there) but I filled it out because it was free.. & ended up getting in :) good luck!! Most of the other secondaries are ~ $40 if I remember correctly.