Texas Tech 2011 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think the school being built is for P1 and P2 years. They already have a school in Dallas for P3 and P4.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Yes you are correct, based on what I heard the dean say.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Any advice on where to locate Amarillo vs Abilene? which campus has a better college life, activities, safety, and opportunity to increase one's knowledge?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they said during interview that if you make good grades during your p1 year, you can move back to Dallas for 3 years. It's one of those new things they are trying to deploy this year.
@ Aggiegirl13: Yes I'm from Dallas area (Arlington).
@Rxbuddy: I want to go to UH because I have family there so I can save quite alot in term of housing and utility cost plus good food in Houston area (Bellaire street) :D. Also, not to mention they are located in the largest medical center in the world so there are so many options for rotation sites.
Texas Tech, on the other hand, are higher ranked, their curriculum impressed me (focus a lot on clinical which I'm really interested in), their awesome mannequin lol and lastly, of course, no traffic whatsoever...coming from Dallas area, for the first time I saw very few cars on the road during rush hour o_o.

Yep, same here. UH's location is perfect-good food, great hang out spots and I have family there also. But Tech on the other hand really impressed me in so many ways, especially academically. The admissions staff and the existing P1 and P2 students were very kind as well and it felt like home.
Plus, I'm from the DFW area, so the P3 and P4 years in Dallas just places Tech over other Texas schools for me, personally.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten the official letter yet?

Anyone interviewing tomorrow? It would be nice if SDners are in the same group! PM me if you are :)

Congrats future Red Raiders! :) If y'all have any questions don't hesitate to message and ask!

Last edited:
so I'm guessing it's too late to hope for an interview invite?

has anybody heard anything about the next adcom meeting? are they looking at feb 3rd interviewees?

Was there today and was told that you guys should be hearing back later next week!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my official letter today for those who asked above.

When and where did you interview?

Unfortunately, the postal carriers around my neighborhood have been lazy and irresponsible in the last couple of years, so I'm not surprised when I opened my mail that I didn't find the letter yet. Our whole neighborhood didn't get their mail yesterday.

Last edited:
Gotta like the glitter that fell out of the letter :D

When and where did you interview?

Unfortunately, the postal carriers around my neighborhood have been lazy and irresponsible in the last couple of years, so I'm not surprised when I opened my mail that I didn't find the letter yet. Our whole neighborhood didn't get their mail yesterday.

1/13 in Amarillo

1/13 in Amarillo

I finally got mine. :) USPS had to come back at 5pm to give our neighborhood today's letters.

Gotta like the glitter that fell out of the letter :D

I had the misfortune of opening it on the dinner table and got confetti on the food! :eek: But for a school to do that, that says a lot about the people there. :thumbup:

I received my confetti filled letter today as well. How many of you that were accepted are going to Amarillo?

I received my confetti filled letter today as well. How many of you that were accepted are going to Amarillo?

As of right now I am going to Amarillo. However, I do have an interview with UT next Friday. It's going to be a tough choice if UT accepts me.

Oh good luck with the UT interview! I currently attend UT for undergrad, Austin is a really nice city but I am kind of looking forward to a new environment (too many distractions) so I didn't apply.

Oh good luck with the UT interview! I currently attend UT for undergrad, Austin is a really nice city but I am kind of looking forward to a new environment (too many distractions) so I didn't apply.

Thanks!

As of right now, I'm going to Amarillo and my last 2 years will be in Dallas :D
But it's going to be a tough decision if I get accepted to UH as well...

Yay for the confetti!

As of right now, I'm going to Amarillo and my last 2 years will be in Dallas :D
But it's going to be a tough decision if I get accepted to UH as well...

Yay for the confetti!

You from Houston? I go to UH right now for undergrad.

I know some of you have already said, but where did every one get assigned for their campus??? I got abilene and interviewed January 13.

I know some of you have already said, but where did every one get assigned for their campus??? I got abilene and interviewed January 13.

I got into Abilene and interviewed on Jan 13 also!

Does anyone know if there is a Texas tech school of pharmacy class of 2016 page on facebook? Would love to join it!!=)

Is it a better idea to go ahead and get all the immunizations that are needed immediately (Tdap, Meningitis) now before I get the immunization call or is it okay if I wait for the immunization call and then get them? Basically will I be at any disadvantage if I wait for the call?

Is it a better idea to go ahead and get all the immunizations that are needed immediately (Tdap, Meningitis) now before I get the immunization call or is it okay if I wait for the immunization call and then get them? Basically will I be at any disadvantage if I wait for the call?

Might as well get the shots. You'll need them for every other pharmacy school.

I am patiently waiting for the interview invites from Texas Tech.

Do you know if they are sending out more interview invites? :(

I have submitted my application in December 2011 and my Merin status still shows "NO STATUS".

I kept on calling the admission office in order to find out if I have any problem with my application. But this nice lady keeps on telling me to RELAX and WAIT a little bit more, since there are no problems with my application..

But, HONESTLY, I cannot just RELAX and CHILL. (Based on the fact that I check my eamil probably 30 times a day)

Do any of you know if there are more interview invites coming along?!
or is it too late?

I have submitted my application in December 2011 and my Merin status still shows "NO STATUS".

I kept on calling the admission office in order to find out if I have any problem with my application. But this nice lady keeps on telling me to RELAX and WAIT a little bit more, since there are no problems with my application..

But, HONESTLY, I cannot just RELAX and CHILL. (Based on the fact that I check my eamil probably 30 times a day)

or is it too late?

I believe interviews extend untill March. No need to be anxious. Just give it time and relax.

or is it too late?

The worst thing you can do is bug them incessantly. What will be, will be. Like others have said before, just relax and wait. Tech and Im sure other schools have called the weekend before classes started to give an acceptance notice. This is rare but if they find out someone is going to another school and didnt tell them, they have to give out another acceptance to hit their numbers. You never know what can happen with this whole process. I know it sucks to wait, but just try and find whatever you can to occupy your mind.

I interviewed Feb 9th and got t an email from tech today saying

Recently you were sent by email information about Texas Tech University Health Sciences School of Pharmacy. We appreciate your interest in our school and hope that in the future you will consider TTUHSC School of Pharmacy for your pharmacy education. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Does this mean I got denied?

Recently you were sent by email information about Texas Tech University Health Sciences School of Pharmacy. We appreciate your interest in our school and hope that in the future you will consider TTUHSC School of Pharmacy for your pharmacy education. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Wow that's odd. Who sent you the email? And when did they send it? I would call them and ask.

Sharon Harrison

Just got it today.

I'd say denied or waitlisted. I'd call.

or is it too late?

If you didn't know already, I think you should contact these people rather than talking to a random person in admissions.

Contact an advisor according to the first initial of your last name:

A-D; [email protected] L-O; [email protected]
E-K; [email protected] P-S; [email protected]
T-Z; [email protected]

Definitely,definitely find out from Ms. Harrison. It doesn't sound like a denial to me.

yeah she replied back

This information was taken from our prospect pool and not the applicant pool. I will remove your name from the prospect pool since you have applied. This is not a rejection letter. Thank you.

whew I guess I'll find out for sure in about a week or so

yeah she replied back

This information was taken from our prospect pool and not the applicant pool. I will remove your name from the prospect pool since you have applied. This is not a rejection letter. Thank you.

whew I guess I'll find out for sure in about a week or so

Good news :) hope is not lost