Texas Tech Pharmacy 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

va26life

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey there, I wanted to go ahead and create a post for the application cycle that just opened.
any fellow applicants out there for early decision or otherwise?
share your stats or just come chat!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think I'll do early decision here but I might apply regular cycle since they focus on pre-req gpa more than regular gpa, which mine isn't that good. I still don't know about the location though since I'm out of state

Hey! I'm applying regular decision to Tech. I'm an out of state student too! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
i am applying to Tech too.
Pre-req GPA is 3.79.
pharmacy experience: 4 yrs.
PCAT: September...sigh.....
regular decision

regular decision because of september pcat? great stats, I've been in pharmacy 2 years!
i am applying to Tech too.
Pre-req GPA is 3.79.
pharmacy experience: 4 yrs.
PCAT: September...sigh.....
regular decision

regular decision because of september pcat? great stats, I've been in pharmacy 2 years!
i also applied to some other schools.
waiting for September PCAT is killing me ...sigh

I am applying to TTUHSC School of Pharmacy along with,
UT Austin,
UT Houston,
Texas A&M, and
UNT

I have a mixture of competitive and not so competitive schools because I don't know where I will accepted with the scores and stats I have.

For early decisions to Texas Tech School of Pharmacy does your letters of recommendation have to be completed?
What all needs to be completed in order to apply to early decision?

For early decisions to Texas Tech School of Pharmacy does your letters of recommendation have to be completed?
What all needs to be completed in order to apply to early decision?
pharmcas app, supplemental app, LORs, PCAT by 06 Sep

Good luck to everyone. I'm class of 2016. Let me know if you have any questions about Tech or pharmacy in general.

Is there a minimum requirement for how many LOR's we need?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where is this stated?
"Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy is excited to ... transcripts, PharmCAS fee and three (3) letters of recommendation must be...."

I've ordered my transcripts to be sent on August 25th. Submitted PharmCAS, Merlin on the 27th. Still waiting on one more LOR. Called them and they said they have received both applications but can't start on anything yet since my transcripts haven't arrived. Does anyone know how long does it take for transcripts to get to PharmCAS? I'm kinda worried since I want to make it to Early Decision.

I've ordered my transcripts to be sent on August 25th. Submitted PharmCAS, Merlin on the 27th. Still waiting on one more LOR. Called them and they said they have received both applications but can't start on anything yet since my transcripts haven't arrived. Does anyone know how long does it take for transcripts to get to PharmCAS? I'm kinda worried since I want to make it to Early Decision.
Typically it takes 2-3 days for schools to process and mail off transcripts, and 8-10 days for pharmcas to open your transcripts and enter "Received on..." in your application. and depends on the volume, it may take them 2hrs-14 days to verify your transcripts

Reactions: 1 user
Typically it takes 2-3 days for schools to process and mail off transcripts, and 8-10 days for pharmcas to open your transcripts and enter "Received on..." in your application. and depends on the volume, it may take them 2hrs-14 days to verify your transcripts
oh god so that means I'm not gonna make it to Early Decision then?? OMGGGGG

This is directly from the PharmCAS FAQ for ED "Check the box if you want to be considered an Early Decision (ED) applicant. The Early Decision application deadline is September 6th, 2016. In addition to completing the PharmCAS application, you must arrange for PharmCAS to receive all of your transcripts by the September 6th deadline. If your transcripts or application fee arrive after September 6th, your application will be automatically changed over to regular decision. Contact your selected pharmacy degree program directly for information on Early Decision eligibility requirements."

I actually sent my transcripts on that same day but I'm not worried I don't think you should be either. We still have 5 more days

I actually sent my transcripts on that same day but I'm not worried I don't think you should be either. We still have 5 more days
My school took 3 days to process my transcript and they sent it on Monday. If I'm lucky then within 8-9 days PharmCAS should receive it haha. If not, I'll get pushed back to Regular status for sure. :/

My school took 3 days to process my transcript and they sent it on Monday. If I'm lucky then within 8-9 days PharmCAS should receive it haha. If not, I'll get pushed back to Regular status for sure. :/
In another forum I read someone had their reg app done but it was a few days after the early decision and she called and asked if she could be considered for early and they did it for her. So even if that does happen I would at least try and reach out to see if they'd do it for you!

Reactions: 1 users
In another forum I read someone had their reg app done but it was a few days after the early decision and she called and asked if she could be considered for early and they did it for her. So even if that does happen I would at least try and reach out to see if they'd do it for you!
Wow that's generous of them. Thank you so much for this information! Best of luck to you too meganssss!

While waiting for PharmCAS to calculate my gpa and all, I'm just gonna chill until they finished verifying everything, then hopefully get called in for interviews. I know the interview dates for ED are September 16, 23, 30, and October 7, 14. If you guys don't mind, can anyone update anything whenever they receive interview calls, notifications, etc? Just trying to keep this thread alive...:X3:

Last edited:
While waiting for PharmCAS to calculate my gpa and all, I'm just gonna chill until they have verified everything, then hopefully get called in for interviews. I know the interview dates for ED are September 16, 23, 30, and October 7, 14. If you guys don't mind, can anyone update anything whenever they receive interview calls, notifications, etc? Just trying to keep this thread alive...:X3:
I applied to UT for ED, do you know if the interview dates are the same? and also I've been checking because I only have one transcript left to be received, but are they even open on the weekend or Monday since it is a holiday?

I applied to UT for ED, do you know if the interview dates are the same? and also I've been checking because I only have one transcript left to be received, but are they even open on the weekend or Monday since it is a holiday?
I'm not applying to UT because there's no way I would get in with my poor stats haha...But if you look into their website, UT ED interviews will be held on Sunday, October 16, 2016. I'm not sure about PharmCAS working on holiday but you can try to give them a call or email. They usually reply the day after you email them.

I'm not applying to UT because there's no way I would get in with my poor stats haha...But if you look into their website, UT ED interviews will be held on Sunday, October 16, 2016. I'm not sure about PharmCAS working on holiday but you can try to give them a call or email. They usually reply the day after you email them.
I'm not sure I'll get in either, my stats are so so but I figured why not give it a try. I did see the 16th date but since you said Tech had earlier ones I thought I maybe could have missed dates that were earlier as well.
Guess we just get to be super lucky and to do the waiting game now :sorry:

I'm not sure I'll get in either, my stats are so so but I figured why not give it a try. I did see the 16th date but since you said Tech had earlier ones I thought I maybe could have missed dates that were earlier as well.
Guess we just get to be super lucky and to do the waiting game now :sorry:
UT ED interview date scares me a little bit because they only have one day to interview ED applicants haha. I would say it's a bit risky if your application doesn't stand out enough for them to pick you :(
But honestly it's a good thing to just go ahead and give it a try.
And yeah. This waiting game is no bueno but we'll see. Hope for the best? Haha

UT ED interview date scares me a little bit because they only have one day to interview ED applicants haha. I would say it's a bit risky if your application doesn't stand out enough for them to pick you :(
But honestly it's a good thing to just go ahead and give it a try.
And yeah. This waiting game is no bueno but we'll see. Hope for the best? Haha
My PCAT is Average, GPA 3.77, I have 1 an 1/2 years being a pharmacy tech, and the pharmacists who wrote my rec letters are like my second family. I just dont have any volunteer hours so that's what gets me. I'll keep you updated on what happens and you do the same!!

My PCAT is Average, GPA 3.77, I have 1 an 1/2 years being a pharmacy tech, and the pharmacists who wrote my rec letters are like my second family. I just dont have any volunteer hours so that's what gets me. I'll keep you updated on what happens and you do the same!!
I'm sure your stats are fine. I don't have any pharm tech work experience, only 100 hr volunteer. My PCAT and GPA aren't that great so I'm super worried. I'll keep checking to see any updates for sure.

My biggest decision yet is picking if I want to go to Amarillo or Abilene. I wanna be in Dallas though so I'm leaning more towards Amarillo for the first 2 years.

My biggest decision yet is picking if I want to go to Amarillo or Abilene. I wanna be in Dallas though so I'm leaning more towards Amarillo for the first 2 years.
Abilene is only 2.5 hours away from Dallas, so the location is relatively convenient if you want to make frequent trips to D/FW area. the only bad thing is Abilene is not as developed as Amarillo
Amarillo is almost 5 hours away, which makes frequent trips almost tiresome....
I am also debating.

Yeah, I'm thinking about going to Amarillo if I get accepted. My parents live in San Antonio so i will be far away but I mean more students and better technology at Amarillo.

Yeah, I'm thinking about going to Amarillo if I get accepted. My parents live in San Antonio so i will be far away but I mean more students and better technology at Amarillo.
i m also thinking about UNT. no other school can beat its location

Yeah UNT is located in a nice place, but its not ranked as high as Texas Tech. I have a friend who is a P1 in UNT right now actually.

Yeah UNT is located in a nice place, but its not ranked as high as Texas Tech. I have a friend who is a P1 in UNT right now actually.
I have a friend whos also a P1 student at UNT........hmmmmmm
if UNT sends its students to the hospitals in the Medical district for rotations, it may be good for the students to build up their network or reputation for future careers. that is something Tech or A&M cannot offer

meganssss, what do you consider "average PCAT"? you have a 50? The PCAT is a percentile scoring system.

Why does everyone find Dallas so attractive? I grew up in a big city. They are nothing special. Smaller towns are much more desirable. I know several TT students who absolutely love the smaller cities where they go to school. Some plan on going to Dallas years 3-4, but decide to stay in a smaller city. Keep your options open. You never know where life will lead.

BTW, Tech has rotations in Dallas, even if you are on another campus.

meganssss, what do you consider "average PCAT"? you have a 50? The PCAT is a percentile scoring system.

Why does everyone find Dallas so attractive? I grew up in a big city. They are nothing special. Smaller towns are much more desirable. I know several TT students who absolutely love the smaller cities where they go to school. Some plan on going to Dallas years 3-4, but decide to stay in a smaller city. Keep your options open. You never know where life will lead.

BTW, Tech has rotations in Dallas, even if you are on another campus.
72 comp

Last edited:
has anyone heard anything back from the school

did u send in everything including PCAT

guess they are reviewing all EDs first
Yes. I have everything sent except for one of the LOR. Hopefully that'll come in later on today or tomorrow.
They will be reviewing ED's app first but that doesn't guarantee everyone in ED will get an interview...:/

Not yet. Status on Merlin has been 'No Status' ever since I submitted it.
I know we are all type A, but don't stress about Merlin. I think Merlin will say "no status" for quite some time... even after (if) you are accepted.

I know we are all type A, but don't stress about Merlin. I think Merlin will say "no status" for quite some time... even after (if) you are accepted.
That's good to hear. So they'll just let you know through PharmCAS?

my Merlin shows "

My Merlin shows " Oath of residency Complete "
sigh. nothing exciting
We'll just have to wait until a little bit later after ED deadline, maybe a couple days later. They should start letting applicants know about interview offers soon. If you have decent stats, you should be getting the offer soon. Let me know!

I am about to send in my Merlin today! I think you guys have to wait longer until the deadline. Once all the applicants have sent in their profiles and application is when they will review. The deadline for early decision is today Sept 6th. So I say wait 1-3 weeks and we should be hearing back from them.

I mean you guys already submitted your application. I only have Texas Tech for early decision.

I am about to send in my Merlin today! I think you guys have to wait longer until the deadline. Once all the applicants have sent in their profiles and application is when they will review. The deadline for early decision is today Sept 6th. So I say wait 1-3 weeks and we should be hearing back from them.

I mean you guys already submitted your application. I only have Texas Tech for early decision.
I'm also doing early decision for Tech. I already submitted everything so now all I'm doing is waiting lol.