Texas Tech Pharmacy 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on that! Yes it is all a waiting game now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am also applying to Texas Tech and I wasn't sure what I have is enough

overall pre-req GPA: 3.0-3.1

I still have an economics class to take

I have a Nutrition degree and Psychology minor and graduated with a 3.5 overall

I took my PCAT in July and got a 72 but I am planning on taking it again in October

I am a pharmacy technician at Walgreens for about 2 years

I was also in American Chemical Society and the Student Nutrition Association as well

What are my chances?

I took my PCAT in July and got a 72 but I am planning on taking it again in October

I was also in American Chemical Society and the Student Nutrition Association as well

What are my chances?
I'm in no position to let you know whether you're a good enough candidate or not because I'm also applying and I'm wondering the same thing about my stats. The only thing that I can tell you is that they will not accept October PCAT. The latest PCAT they will take is September.

Last edited:

What are my chances?

https://www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/prospective/pcat.aspx

"PCAT Requirements

The Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT) is a requirement for admissions. The latest PCAT scores we accept each year are the September test scores. "

What heyabbeyyy said is true. Man, Tech is strict. i m glad I m taking my PCAT in 3 days.

https://www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/prospective/pcat.aspx

"PCAT Requirements

The Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT) is a requirement for admissions. The latest PCAT scores we accept each year are the September test scores. "

What heyabbeyyy said is true. Man, Tech is strict. i m glad I m taking my PCAT in 3 days.
I'm retaking mine also on Thursday, 8AM. Where are you taking yours?

Hi everyone! I am glad that I finally found this post which made me feel that I am not alone LOL. So I have finished everything in the middle of August, and I have already gotten an email from the admissions office about 10 days ago. They told me they have received all my application materials. The next step in the process is staff review. "The admission's staff will review your application file to determine whether all documents are complete and whether you meet the minimum admissions requirements. Because you are an Early Decision Applicant, your file will be expedited through the admissions process. Please make plans to include an open date for a possible interview on the last two Fridays of September and the first Friday of October. Dates are subject to change.

You will receive correspondence during this process and your Supplemental Material status will be updated in PharmCAS only -- not in the supplemental Merlin application.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a GPA of 4.0 , comp PCAT of 56 which is low, 44 hours of hospital volunteer work. I am retaking PCAT in three days. But honestly, I just can't focus on studying right now, all because of this waiting game, sigh! If anyone get called for interview , please let us know! I will keep you guys updated too. Good luck everybody !

Hi everyone! I am glad that I finally found this post which made me feel that I am not alone LOL. So I have finished everything in the middle of August, and I have already gotten an email from the admissions office about 10 days ago. They told me they have received all my application materials. The next step in the process is staff review. "The admission's staff will review your application file to determine whether all documents are complete and whether you meet the minimum admissions requirements. Because you are an Early Decision Applicant, your file will be expedited through the admissions process. Please make plans to include an open date for a possible interview on the last two Fridays of September and the first Friday of October. Dates are subject to change..

You will receive correspondence during this process and your Supplemental Material status will be updated in PharmCAS only -- not in the supplemental Merlin application. .
Thanks a lot for the information. I'll keep an eye out for updates and let you guys know.
Good luck to everyone.

I have a GPA of 4.0 , comp PCAT of 56 which is low, 44 hours of hospital volunteer work. I am retaking PCAT in three days. But honestly, I just can't focus on studying right now, all because of this waiting game, sigh! If anyone get called for interview , please let us know! I will keep you guys updated too. Good luck everybody !
I received it too without the ED part.

Members don't see this ad :)
meganssss, what do you consider "average PCAT"? you have a 50? The PCAT is a percentile scoring system.

Why does everyone find Dallas so attractive? I grew up in a big city. They are nothing special. Smaller towns are much more desirable. I know several TT students who absolutely love the smaller cities where they go to school. Some plan on going to Dallas years 3-4, but decide to stay in a smaller city. Keep your options open. You never know where life will lead.

BTW, Tech has rotations in Dallas, even if you are on another campus.
Hi GoingBack120! I am also in Amarillo.

Anyone remember how long it took for PharmCAS to calculate their GPA? Did it really take 5 weeks or do they just say that to be safe?

Anyone remember how long it took for PharmCAS to calculate their GPA? Did it really take 5 weeks or do they just say that to be safe?
It took me a couple days for ED. 5 weeks is probably an estimation for the worst situation if you're applying for regular decision but wait until the last minute to submit it when everyone else is also doing the same thing.
I haven't got that email from Tech yet. How long does it take after your GPA is verified for them to notice you? Mine just got verified today.

submitted mine really early probably around 3rd August, took them 3 hours to verify everything.

It took me a couple days for ED. 5 weeks is probably an estimation for the worst situation if you're applying for regular decision but wait until the last minute to submit it when everyone else is also doing the same thing.
I haven't got that email from Tech yet. How long does it take after your GPA is verified for them to notice you? Mine just got verified today.
10 days

Mine got verified in the morning, and I got Tech's email at 9pm the same day.

Welp...I'll just be patiently waiting...:/ the anxiety is seriously killing me.

Reactions: 1 user
I just submitted my Merlin application! The waiting game begins! I wish everyone good luck. Keep other posted!

Does anyone else's application status on Merlin say "No Status"?

I got the email from them saying the same thing Excellentpharmcist got. They said they will be sending correspondence during the process of reviewing ED's applications. Supplemental Material Status will be updated in PharmCAS, not in Merlin application.
They generally don't update stuff in Merlin, which is weird because what if you have to check for interview offers lol where are you gonna look for that if not in Merlin.
Also, does anyone know how many applicants are applying for ED this cycle?

I got the email from them saying the same thing Excellentpharmcist got. They said they will be sending correspondence during the process of reviewing ED's applications. Supplemental Material Status will be updated in PharmCAS, not in Merlin application.
They generally don't update stuff in Merlin, which is weird because what if you have to check for interview offers lol where are you gonna look for that if not in Merlin.
Also, does anyone know how many applicants are applying for ED this cycle?
no one knows...not even Tech

I'm so anxious about everything. The first interview date is going to be next Friday so I'm hoping they'll let people know starting next week...:/
oh dang that soon? I just emailed them my preliminary score.

I applied for ED and sent everything. I finished my Merlin application on Sept 6th and still have not got an email back.

I applied for ED and sent everything. I finished my Merlin application on Sept 6th and still have not got an email back.
they probably received a lot of applications and busy sorting/ranking them

Good luck to all of you guys! I ended up switching from ED to regular decision so I could have a bit more time with things.
Does anyone know how valuable pharmacy experience really is when applying? I have 3 years under my belt and thought that may boost me up quite a bit but I'm now hearing otherwise.

Good luck to all of you guys! I ended up switching from ED to regular decision so I could have a bit more time with things.
Does anyone know how valuable pharmacy experience really is when applying? I have 3 years under my belt and thought that may boost me up quite a bit but I'm now hearing otherwise.
It's valuable when getting compared to a similar candidate

I'm so anxious about everything. The first interview date is going to be next Friday so I'm hoping they'll let people know starting next week...:/
I think the first interview date is 9/23 according to their email. And according to they still haven't sent any interview invitation out. They are so slow LOL

I think the first interview date is 9/23 according to their email. And according to they still haven't sent any interview invitation out. They are so slow LOL
probably overwhelmed....
my classmate is going to U o H in 2 weeks for interview, and UNT in 4 weeks

LOL I thought they were going to hold the interviews according to the schedule they have on their website 'Texas Tech Important Dates and Deadlines'. But I guess if the first one is 23rd then that makes me feel slightly less stressed haha.
I've been checking Merlin, PharmCAS, and email religiously lol. So nervous.

LOL I thought they were going to hold the interviews according to the schedule they have on their website 'Texas Tech Important Dates and Deadlines'. But I guess if the first one is 23rd then that makes me feel slightly less stressed haha.
I've been checking Merlin, PharmCAS, and email religiously lol. So nervous.
i constantly check my email, &pharmcas too

I just noticed my status changed from "no status" to "status not set".....great.

Hello everybody ! I just got my interview invitation from tech! So nervous! Good luck to all of you!

Same! Just got mine and scheduled one on the 23rd! I'm so excited!!
Congrats ! I scheduled on the 30th. Can you please give us some feed backs after your interview ? Such as what you did and some suggestions. I would really appreciate it !