Texas Tech Pharmacy Class of 2020

Started by teresa22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I interviewed today at the Amarillo campus and was offered admission! I plan on doing two years in Amarillo and two in Lubbock, I'm in Lubbock right now finishing my undergrad at Tech, and I currently work at UMC (the hospital where you do your clinical work in Lubbock) in the inpatient pharmacy, so I know most of the preceptors/residents and pharmacists in that pharmacy; so thats my reason for going to Lubbock for P3 and P4 years 🙂.
 
Hello! I interviewed today at the Amarillo campus and was offered admission! I plan on doing two years in Amarillo and two in Lubbock, I'm in Lubbock right now finishing my undergrad at Tech, and I currently work at UMC (the hospital where you do your clinical work in Lubbock) in the inpatient pharmacy, so I know most of the preceptors/residents and pharmacists in that pharmacy; so thats my reason for going to Lubbock for P3 and P4 years 🙂.

Omg congrats!! I interviewed today also. How'd you find out so fast? Were you one of the people they asked to stay?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most people should have found out that day or on monday from what I heard for early decision.

If not, it just means they are taking a bit more time to evaluate your application a bit further.
 
Does any current or former students know if there is work opportunity during school or summer at a hospital, research, compounding, etc?

How hard are they to land?
 
Hi everyone,

I applied and was accepted to Texas Tech School of Pharmacy (Abilene campus) last year but had to defer a year for personal reasons. I look forward to meeting my future classmates, feel free to ask if you have any questions about the interview, the school, etc.

Also, is anyone interested in starting a Facebook group for those that have been accepted?
 
Also, is anyone interested in starting a Facebook group for those that have been accepted?
For the safety and security of our class, that is best reserved for the first week of school. Anyone can post on here and there is no way to prevent scammers in this forum.
 
Congrats to everyone else that got in! Can't wait to meet y'all in August! Also I think they mentioned at my interview that the current P1's would make a Facebook page for us at some point and invite everyone from a list they got from the admissions office; so that will come at some point; but I would guess not until regular admissions start in the spring semester and there's more of us 🙂.
 
Congrats to everyone else that got in! Can't wait to meet y'all in August! Also I think they mentioned at my interview that the current P1's would make a Facebook page for us at some point 🙂.

I thought I remembered hearing someone say that they would make a Facebook page for us. Congrats to you as well....
 
Does Abilene campus take a long time to process the interview?. I had an interview in abilene on October 2nd. They said we should hear within a week and couple of people from that interview haven't heard back and some of them called and they keep saying they are still working on it. I wish it was faster, they haven't send an acceptance or rejection. I hope somebody heard back.
 
Does Abilene campus take a long time to process the interview?. I had an interview in abilene on October 2nd. They said we should hear within a week and couple of people from that interview haven't heard back and some of them called and they keep saying they are still working on it. I wish it was faster, they haven't send an acceptance or rejection. I hope somebody heard back.
They told us that some people are accepted right away. If you are not, your application is likely active. I know someone last year who applied "early decision" and wasn't accepted until March.
 
They told us that some people are accepted right away. If you are not, your application is likely active. I know someone last year who applied "early decision" and wasn't accepted until March.

I hope so I wasn't an early decision just a regular decision but I got the early interview. I think there were 3 or 4 regular decision students at the interview
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone that is applying for regular decision still have a No Status in their Merlin Applicant Status Review? I submitted everything a while ago but there hasn't been an update saying that my applications have been received by the school.
 
Is anyone that is applying for regular decision still have a No Status in their Merlin Applicant Status Review? I submitted everything a while ago but there hasn't been an update saying that my applications have been received by the school.

I haven't even submitted my supplemental yet cause of that pharmacy experience essay! I haven't gotten around to doing it 🙁
 
We will put a Facebook page together for the P1s they did for us anyway. I am current P1 class president at Abilene I have been making some upgrades for you incoming P1s. Cant wait to meet you all!
 
As far as dress code for Abilene is concerned currently we have professional dress 3 days a week but that is never set in stone as your classes will change throughout your time here. When you get to Abilene you will have a casual day and a scrubs day then 3 days dressed nicely. If you have any more questions about Abilene I can answer them as I am on that campus.
 
As far as dress code for Abilene is concerned currently we have professional dress 3 days a week but that is never set in stone as your classes will change throughout your time here. When you get to Abilene you will have a casual day and a scrubs day then 3 days dressed nicely. If you have any more questions about Abilene I can answer them as I am on that campus.

When you applied to Abilene , did they take a long time to get back to you. I have tried emailing Mike Nall and he hasn't responded.
 
Hi, has anyone done a criminal background check? I haven't received any email about it. Is there a deadline for it? Thanks!
 
I sent in my app on Dec 1st and still haven't heard back for an interview, has anyone that applied during that time received an email invitation yet?
 
Hey guys I'm new to this page and I was wondering what my chances are. I have a 3.2 pre-req gpa but 2.5 pharmacy gpa. I failed several classes my junior year due to family issues. I got a 93 pcat with a 97 Chen and 95 bio. I applied Dec 1st and haven't heard back yet. Yes I know I applied really late 🙁. When do y'all think I will hear back or if I even will get a reply? Thank you!
 
I sent in my app on Dec 1st and still haven't heard back for an interview, has anyone that applied during that time received an email invitation yet?

Hey! I live in Abilene and work with some of the students at tech right now and they told me not to worry and that they got their interview invites the week before Christmas last year! So hopefully we'll hear soon 🙂
 
Hey! I live in Abilene and work with some of the students at tech right now and they told me not to worry and that they got their interview invites the week before Christmas last year! So hopefully we'll hear soon 🙂

That's good to hear thank you so much for the reply 🙂
 
I just got notified for an interview on Jan. 15 at the Abilene campus! Any interview tips or what to expect on the interview? Thank you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my interview invitation today too! Jan 29th in Amarillo. I looked at the Applicant Interview Schedule and it looks like it'll be a long and exhausting day, but I'm excited though!
 
Darn ya I submitted dec 1st. Is there a deadline for invites? Like a date where you're pretty much not going to get an invite after
 
I had my pharmcas in early October but didn't submit supplemental until December 1, got my interview invite on December 23!
 
Hi everyone,

I applied and was accepted to Texas Tech School of Pharmacy (Abilene campus) last year but had to defer a year for personal reasons. I look forward to meeting my future classmates, feel free to ask if you have any questions about the interview, the school, etc.

Also, is anyone interested in starting a Facebook group for those that have been accepted?
Hi, may I ask you how the interview went? It looks like it is going to be 7 hours.
 
I still have not received an official invitation email but I checked Merlin and my status was set to "invited for interview", and I scheduled my interview through the site as well. Check your Merlin again.
 
Has anyone did their academic update for pharmcas? I can't put in my spring planned courses. It keeps prompting me to choose a year between 2008 and 2015 [emoji29]
 
Has anyone did their academic update for pharmcas? I can't put in my spring planned courses. It keeps prompting me to choose a year between 2008 and 2015 [emoji29]
I had the same problem also. You have to get your dates attended changed to extend the date. Just email support with your request and they will change it for you.
 
I had the same problem also. You have to get your dates attended changed to extend the date. Just email support with your request and they will change it for you.

Thanks so much!! I'm gonna try that tomorrow. I was so worried I was doing it wrong lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone that is planning on getting an MBA or anyone at Tech right now doing an MBA, can you elaborate on the advantages of having an MBA as a pharmacist and also how difficult the courses are to take over the summer?
 
For anyone that is planning on getting an MBA or anyone at Tech right now doing an MBA, can you elaborate on the advantages of having an MBA as a pharmacist and also how difficult the courses are to take over the summer?
Im not sure how hard the classes are you would go during your summers. And to be honest if you can handle the workload and classes here you will be fine doing MBA. And how much it will help you relies mostly on what kind of pharmacist you want to be.