Texas Tech Pharmacy Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, loaner laptops are available to all students, regardless of what kind of computer you normally use. I'm not sure if the way I read your comment is the way it was intended, but it sounds to me that loaner laptops are only available to people who buy their Dell through the school, which is not the case. Any student can check out a loaner. In Amarillo you just go to Student Services and request one. It's probably the same in Abilene.
Thank you for the reply. I may not correctly remember what they told us as I interviewed several months ago. Great info! I am not sure about giving up paper notes either.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for replying!
That's sounds reassuring because I currently own a Dell inspiron 15 and I am planning to use that instead of the Dell Latitude. Does it matter if my computer is a window 10? I know that they prefer a window 7 or 8.
I thought they said that some of the software (like what locks down the computer for tests) isn't compatible with windows 10. I'm not even upgrading my surface until I find out for sure. Though, they may have fixed the issues since I last heard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for replying!
That's sounds reassuring because I currently own a Dell inspiron 15 and I am planning to use that instead of the Dell Latitude. Does it matter if my computer is a window 10? I know that they prefer a window 7 or 8. What about installing the mcAffe virus program? I have used the program before but it didnt work that well as other antivirus programs.
Ya I was thinking of saving most of my notes through onenote and I could always copy the notes over my external hard drive.
Windows 10 is fine. As for McAffe, it's really up to you. They recommend it but it's not required. I had it last year but it expired and I am too lazy to renew it.

Thank you for the reply. I may not correctly remember what they told us as I interviewed several months ago. Great info! I am not sure about giving up paper notes either.
In base camp/boot camp they will give a presentation on OneNote and make it sound like the best thing since sliced bread. I tried it for a semester and found that being on the computer that much made it far too easy to be distracted by the internet. I switched back to paper notes. Do what works for you.

I have spoken directly with the IT department and they assured me that windows 10 is not supported institutionally, but are not ruling out full integration this summer. They instructed me to let you know to hold off on any downloads or purchases until further notice.

is anyone here considering getting the surface pro 3/4? I know one of the main reasons they wanted us to get a laptop (besides it being Dell), was so that we could connect to the internet via an Ethernet port. Microsoft does offer an adapter to turn USB into Ethernet though!

Hiya! I've also been accepted for the Class of 2020, and I am considering purchasing the Surface Pro 4. I have a Macbook Pro now, and I love it, but it's basically useless for classes. I love the 2-in-1 functionality of the Surface, and there are some neat note taking apps as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Everyone,
Congratulations on getting accepted. I am reaching out to the students that will be attending the Abilene campus. i am currently a P2 and will be deploying to the Dallas my last 2 years. We currently have an awesome living situation and unfortunately we will have to surrender it for deployment. it is a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house that is literally 2 minutes from the campus. It is n ideal living situation for 3 and the owner includes everything in one package (cable (HBO and sports), internet, water, utilities). The move in would be late July and would be just in time for when you will be preparing for boot camp. if you are interested, please send me a personal message so I can give you a run down of the costs.

Just got accepted yesterday! For those of you still waiting, stay positive!
Can I also get the Facebook invite!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted back in January, if there is a Facebook group made, could I be added to it as well?

Hello everyone. Yeah I was accepted back in February, so I was wondering if a facebook group has been created and if i can be added!

If you need a facebook invite message me on facebook my name is Michael Dean same profile pic

Reactions: 1 user
If you need a facebook invite message me on facebook my name is Michael Dean same profile pic
Hello, please is anyone doing the dual degree? and how can I get the invitation to the facebook page?

Has anybody from the rolling pool heard back yet?

Does anyone know when we register?
For the fall semester, you will automatically be registered for base camp and boot camp (the first two weeks). During that time, everyone will be walked through registration for the semester together. Most of your classes will be the same, but there is room for choice in your labs. For example, according to the schedule for next semester, Amarillo Group A will have Drug Information on Wednesday afternoon and Immunizations on Thursday afternoon. This means that you can choose to have A&P lab any day but Wednesday (there are two afternoon sessions on Tuesday and Thursday, so you could do the 1pm Immunization lab and the 3:20 A&P lab on the same day).

Here's the link to the schedule if you want to see what your options are:
http://www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/academicinfo/docs/Fall_2016_Class_Schedule.pdf

I'm attending the Amarillo location this fall and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good apartments that are in the area of the school that are worth looking at?

I'm attending the Amarillo location this fall and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good apartments that are in the area of the school that are worth looking at?
Most people live at Renaissance, Winchester, or Quail Creek. Some live at Willow Glen. These are all pretty close to campus. I have heard that Huntington Pointe, while close, is not a place you want to live.

I'll be attending Abilene and I'm trying to figure out living arrangements. Can someone point me in the right direction?

do we have facebook for Fall 2020, could you guys give me or add me to the group ? I just got accepted :)

I got accepted into Amarillo campus. I am currently looking for an apartment to rent, but I can't find the cheap one. I am looking for male roommates, who also studying pharmacy at Amarillo campus for next 2 years. I am original from Arlington, TX so that I will move back to Dallas for the last 2 years. Anyone?

What is Facebook page for Texas Tech University School of Pharmacy, Class of 2020? I can't find on FB

Hi, can I get the FB invite for TTU Pharmacy school Class of 2020? Thanks

You guys have to contact bowreyboytx for an invite to the class of 2020 Facebook page. I would suggest sending him a message as he hasn't posted in a while.

Hi Micheal Dean, can I get the FB invite for TTU Pharmacy school Class of 2020? Thanks

Most people live at Renaissance, Winchester, or Quail Creek. Some live at Willow Glen. These are all pretty close to campus. I have heard that Huntington Pointe, while close, is not a place you want to live.

Hi Ms. Romylove. I will start my P1 year in this Fall 2016 at Amarillo campus. I am currently looking for a cheap apartment (1 Bed 1 Bath or shared). Can you suggest any? Thanks :)

Can anyone explain to me what's going to be going on in boot camp and base camp? Just really curious

Amarillo!!!!! Actually I don't know that either is better. Don't know much about Abilene. They are really about the same size towns, but people seem to think that Abilene is very small. Amarillo is a little bigger, I guess.