The 07/18/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supafield

Dream Big
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unless I'm inept at finding threads it looks like there is no threads for this date or most of the July ones...

So good luck to all of you writing, this is my second go of it... and I want to do really well.... and am happy to offer advice about the whole process from my first time around.... feel free to ask

take care

Members don't see this ad.

12 hours to go! (maybe)

:eek:

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::cry:

I don't think I want to know my scores...

Plus I have work tomorrow w/ no internet access, so I won't even be able to check until 4PM in the afternoon. ARGH.

So... either we get ours in the morning, or shortly after 5PM, or it's onto Tuesday, right?

:eek:

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::cry:

I don't think I want to know my scores...

Plus I have work tomorrow w/ no internet access, so I won't even be able to check until 4PM in the afternoon. ARGH.

So... either we get ours in the morning, or shortly after 5PM, or it's onto Tuesday, right?

That seems to be the consensus on timing in this forum as far as I can tell. I think I'm going to OD on adrenaline from refreshing the MCAT THx page expecting to see the scores all day tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
so i had my second MCAT related dream last night. (in the first, which was like days after we took the test, i got a 45. WHAT?) anyway, so instead of having a scaled score, they posted how many questions i got wrong. and instead of being on the internet, this guy had to write it out on a blackboard.

VR: 6 questions wrong.
BS: 33 questions wrong.
PS: 243,000 QUESTIONS WRONG/!?! SOMEHOW

please don't ask how i remember the exact numbers, it was VERY TRAUMATIZING

:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

oh and p.s., GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! happy score checking tomorrow, no?

My MCAT dream had me at a 34 or 36, I don't remember exactly. Either way, I would be happy.

I'll be checking tomorrow before I go out. I'll either be getting drunk in celebration, depression, or indifference.

anybody else awake and unable to sleep?? hopefully the score will come up in a few hours so my anxiety goes away lol... it's around 5:30am now here...

sleep is definitely getting harder to come by. It's 8:15am, no scores :(. I'm going crazy, and I'm going to be on an airplane tomorrow so I won't be able to check my scores for like 15 hours :scared:. Please please amcas, post those scores today!!

The way I see it, I think scores will be posted at one of these following times:

today at 10am EST
today between 3pm and 5:05pm EST

and if not during these times, it will be up tomorrow by 10am EST

Oh, and thanks Supafeld for the suggestions

Yesterday, I saw a rainbow when I was coming back from my beach house... and I thought this was a good sign. Mind you, I have not seen a real rainbow(not thin film diffraction, etc) in about 10 years.

Then I got up this morning and completely freaked the eff out. I will not eat or drink until my scores are up.

anybody Else Awake And Unable To Sleep?? Hopefully The Score Will Come Up In A Few Hours So My Anxiety Goes Away Lol... It's Around 5:30am Now Here...

Could Not Sleep All Nite. Had Stomach Cramps From Anxiety Too. Was Happy And Nervous To Get Out Of Bed This Morning.

Hey, does anyone know if generating the code from the Thx system is straightforward or complicated? If it's the latter, how do you do it? I have to send these scores out to BU asap, that is why I am asking. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Add me to the list of people who couldn't sleep last night. If I score within my AAMC average, I'll be thrilled. I have this horrible feeling I scored lower for some reason.

Hey, does anyone know if generating the code from the Thx system is straightforward or complicated? If it's the latter, how do you do it? I have to send these scores out to BU asap, that is why I am asking. Thanks!!

Very, Very, Simple.

Potentially 40 minutes away... If they're not up by 10:30 I'm only checking again at 5:00. Not gonna drive myself insane checking every 5 minutes haha

nope, its the university of arizona. they interview everyone over a 21 mcat score that is an arizona resident. but as everyone knows, an interview doesn't guarantee admission. i think the lowest mcat admitted last year was around a 24-26, can't remember for sure.

Thats a hell of a lot of interviews, even if arizona isn't a very dense state.

Potentially 40 minutes away... If they're not up by 10:30 I'm only checking again at 5:00. Not gonna drive myself insane checking every 5 minutes haha

Why are we thinking this? Is this because of the 7/8 and 7/10 test? When was their test released?

anyone else feel as if they could puke right now? i need to learn how to handle my nerves.

Why are we thinking this? Is this because of the 7/8 and 7/10 test? When was their test released?

Somewhere in this thread, there's a release date/time for a number of MCAT administrations this year. They were all released around 10 a.m. or between 3-5 p.m. so I think that's what the poster was going by. Now watch the AAMC trick us and post at noon on purpose. :)

I hate this variation of time. Just release it at one time no matter what. Then I don't have to sit here all day haha

I just found out that I will have to leave my computer at 1:30, and will not potentially be able to a use a computers till tuesday :eek:.

10:02 AM EST - no scores...

let's get the score predictions going guys!

Copy and paste with your info:

AVERAGE AAMC PRACTICE SCORES
PS:
VR:
BS:

PREDICTED SCORES
PS:
VR:
BS:

average Aamc Practice Scores
ps: 13
vr: 10
bs: 12

predicted Scores
ps: 12
vr: 9
bs: 12

33Q

I don't think they're posting this AM. My bet is around 3 PM later today.

I'm too nervous to make predictions. And I'm super superstitious, so I don't want to jinx anything.

Good luck to everyone:luck::luck::luck::luck:

I agree, probably won't be out for at least a few hours.

4/05/08 5/05/08 10:20 Am Est 5/06/08
4/18/08 5/19/08 4:40 Pm Est 5/20/08
4/19/08 5/19/08 4:44 Pm Est 5/20/08
5/10/08 6/09/08 3:37 Pm Est 6/10/08
5/23/08 6/23/08 3:23 Pm Est 6/24/08
5/27/08 6/26/08 3:09 Pm Est 6/26/08
5/31/08 6/30/08 5:01 Pm Est 7/01/08

This is from another forum. The first date is the test, the second is the day it was released then the time. I think june 13 was in the afternoon and july 8th and 10th were around 11:30am.

Anyway good luck everyone. If you get the score you want then its time to celebrate, if not remember it is only a test, and you can come back and own it at another time.

Last edited:
Eish.... as much as I complained waiting 2 months for my paper MCAT at least the broadness didn't get you expecting too much... there was about a week window they could come.... haha the CBT has me in much higher anticipation/anxiety.

so...no scores yet? does that mean from 3-6pm? or tomorrow...gah...I don't want to wait tomorrow

just because the previous scores came out during these times doesnt mean ours have to we might get ours at like 2 or maybe like 2 tommorrow,

this uncertainty just makes it really sucky

just because the previous scores came out during these times doesnt mean ours have to we might get ours at like 2 or maybe like 2 tommorrow,

this uncertainty just makes it really sucky

no, we will get our scores today. look at all those dates. they were all released 30 and 31 days from when they took the test. today is day 31

we'll get our scores in the next 3 or 4 hours.... :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::laugh::laugh::laugh::idea:

I was told the score release was the 19th, so I'll go with that. Last time they were up by now I think.

I agree, probably won't be out for at least a few hours.

4/05/08 5/05/08 10:20 Am Est 5/06/08
4/18/08 5/19/08 4:40 Pm Est 5/20/08
4/19/08 5/19/08 4:44 Pm Est 5/20/08
5/10/08 6/09/08 3:37 Pm Est 6/10/08
5/23/08 6/23/08 3:23 Pm Est 6/24/08
5/27/08 6/26/08 3:09 Pm Est 6/26/08
5/31/08 6/30/08 5:01 Pm Est 7/01/08

This is from another forum. The first date is the test, the second is the day it was released then the time. I think june 13 was in the afternoon and july 8th and 10th were around 11:30am.

Anyway good luck everyone. If you get the score you want then its time to celebrate, if not remember it is only a test, and you can come back and own it at another time.

What is the third date? (the date after the time?)

I was told the score release was the 19th, so I'll go with that. Last time they were up by now I think.

No, they weren't. The past several administrations, the results were posted one day before the official release date and some were posted at 5 p.m.

out of curiousity, if you voided your test, do you still get that piece of paper with the stamp ?