The 5/23/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemist0157

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread so I'm starting one for May 23rd.

Before you know it, it will be here!

I'm a third-time taker, and, at the moment, I'm buzzing through the AAMC practice tests.

Members don't see this ad.

If I do poorly I am gonna wanna drown my sorrows away with a bottle of hard alcohol. If I do well, then I will celebrate with a bottle of hard alcohol. The one difference will be the quality of liquor.

Yeah we will see. I do not see them coming out on a Friday, unless scheduled to, but I could be wrong. I am interested to see how you guys did.

Not counting on it, either, but my January results were two days early. So... two business days before Tuesday would be Friday. It'd be nice.

If I do poorly I am gonna wanna drown my sorrows away with a bottle of hard alcohol. If I do well, then I will celebrate with a bottle of hard alcohol. The one difference will be the quality of liquor.

:laugh: A wonderful plan.

Heh, yeah, I think I'm probably going with a pina colada myself. I do rather enjoy girly drinks, I must say.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ever noticed AMCAS leaves you no space to answer that one important question:

You have no scores yet. What would you like to do?

Here is what I would like to do, AMCAS: +pissed+. Thanks for asking.

What would you like to do?? ;)

It should be "You Have no scores yet. What can you do?" :laugh:

Only have to check Thx one more time in my life. :hardy:

It should be "You Have no scores yet. What can you do?" :laugh:

Here's what I made for the 01/26 MCAT thread:

mcativ8.png

im sure they have already scored the exams. Whats probably left is organizing how to release the scores.. hope its released in the next few days :(

med school application is psychological warfare, they make it so hard to see how much stress we can handle. Right now somewhere, there is some AAMC guy with a smile in his face thinking how he had the scores since like 2 weeks ago and how much we had to suffer to get it. Hope he/she is not reading this

Guess it's probably not gonna happen today...unless someone's working late.

Funny how 3 numbers and a letter can be so frustrating.

PS. Great pic, exi :)

As time gets closer, I think my plan is to check here before I check THx. Just so I'm not totally caught off-guard when I check THx! lol hopefully that's not everyone else's plans. That'd defeat the purpose :D

Members don't see this ad :)
As time gets closer, I think my plan is to check here before I check THx. Just so I'm not totally caught off-guard when I check THx! lol hopefully that's not everyone else's plans. That'd defeat the purpose :D

Haha. No way! I'm doing the exact opposite. I don't want to see someone's 43R right before I check my OWN score. ;)

med school application is psychological warfare, they make it so hard to see how much stress we can handle. Right now somewhere, there is some AAMC guy with a smile in his face thinking how he had the scores since like 2 weeks ago and how much we had to suffer to get it. Hope he/she is not reading this

Yes it is!

haha good point... I guess I'll be seeing your 45T before I check my own score then :p

haha...if you're seeing me posting a 45T either I will neet to be prescribed an anti-psychotic or you will need to be prescribed glasses. ;)

Alternatively, my darn keyboard might be broken. For some reason about 5 of the letters and 2 numbers are broken, actually. Literally, the keys just fell off in my hand one day...

[tangent]

Hey guys new to the SDN network...I took this test to and thought it was hard im just praying for the best. I think because of the physical sciences section I screwed myself in the other two even though I dont think that Bio was that bad. I just hope I get something above a 26. Hopefully only 4 more days till we get our scores back:eek:...mad scared

o and just to let you guys know your funny as hell...i think thats why we are the coolest group to take the mcat:)

Restless sleep last night. I kept dreaming about checking my score every 5 minutes and every time it would change. Sometimes I would be incredibly happy with my score only to wake up and realize it never happened... This is more nerve-wracking than taking the test itself.

Hey guys, i wrote the may 23rd as well. I have been having the weirdest dreams ever and i can't wait for them to stop.

I had a couple of days ago where i got a 6, 2, P, 8, which ended up being a 22P. Last night i had one where i got 15, 10, Q, 15 = 40Q. Hopefully that one is the real score:laugh:

I wish everyone the best on monday or tuesday. Can't wait to finally get this over with and finalize my amcas and send it in :D

Hey guys, i wrote the may 23rd as well. I have been having the weirdest dreams ever and i can't wait for them to stop.

I had a couple of days ago where i got a 6, 2, P, 8, which ended up being a 22P. Last night i had one where i got 15, 10, Q, 15 = 40Q. Hopefully that one is the real score:laugh:

I wish everyone the best on monday or tuesday. Can't wait to finally get this over with and finalize my amcas and send it in :D

I had one like that awhile back. Don't remember the sectional scores, but the THx page clearly told me that my new results were lower than my last results. Like, "your score is lower than your previous exam" or something.

They weren't. It was a 33. I could live with a 33...

I had one like that awhile back. Don't remember the sectional scores, but the THx page clearly told me that my new results were lower than my last results. Like, "your score is lower than your previous exam" or something.

They weren't. It was a 33. I could live with a 33...

HAH! That's JUST what we need! I can't wait for the message on my THx page to change to: "Your scores are very poor and you will need to retake." Thanks, AMCAS. Thanks for the notification.

haha nice. I wish it was like that. I've been setting myself up for disappointment as the days go on. At first i was like i want at least a 34, then 32 will be fine, and i think i am down to a 28.
Waiting is definitely the worst part. I also have checked at least 4-5 times a day for the last week. I need to get away from the interweb

ya I've been mentally preparing myself for a low score. I know I did pretty well, but I would rather be pleasantly surprised than devasted.

My impatience does not bode well for me. Per Godwin's/Burnett's Law...(meh, you know the rest)

The lucky doctor's stethoscope will predict for us:
Stethascope.jpg

:D:D:D:D

So I saw 36 a few times when I checked the monitor at different times throughout the day. When I was getting ready to go out and celebrate, I checked myself out in the mirror and I had some serious abs. Then I woke up very confused but realized that it was a dream when I saw my flabby tummy.

So I saw 36 a few times when I checked the monitor at different times throughout the day. When I was getting ready to go out and celebrate, I checked myself out in the mirror and I had some serious abs. Then I woke up very confused but realized that it was a dream when I saw my flabby tummy.

hahahaha, that is pretty funny!

Hm... do you think the scores will be up tomorrow morning before 9am?

Or is this going to be another one of those "after 5pm" deal?

Well, the 5/10ers got their scores around 3:40pm and the 4/18ers seemed to get their scores around 4:40 or so according to this thread. I thought I heard of someone getting scores around 9am though, so there's always hoping.

Ya know. I have WAYYY too much free time on my hands. Yes, you do know already. Thank goodness I'll have to break the SDN addiction shortly after we get scores (to go to France on Wednesday). :laugh:

haha yeah i was hoping that at least we'll get it earlier in the day since we would have loved to have it out you know... today :p

So we've probably got what, a bit over 24 hours to go? I hate waiting games.

Seeing as how I teach organic chem lab, I think I just might be pilfering a bottle of 95% EtOH and taking a shot or two while compulsively refreshing THx during lab tomorrow. Anyone care to join me?

Seeing as how I teach organic chem lab, I think I just might be pilfering a bottle of 95% EtOH and taking a shot or two while compulsively refreshing THx during lab tomorrow. Anyone care to join me?

Haha. You know they denature that right?

:thumbup::thumbup:

All submitted! Now AMCAS, it's your turn to do some work...I think that's definitely worth having a libation! :D:D:D.

AAAH! :mad: no scores yet. I guess Monday or Tuesday then. I really hope Monday so I can get over it before because Wed I have a midterm in summer school :scared: :smuggrin:

I've been waiting for this moment (or at least the very-soon-to-be-coming-moment) for a month and now I'm really really scared! :(

I've been waiting for this moment (or at least the very-soon-to-be-coming-moment) for a month and now I'm really really scared! :(

Aw! No need to be scared! I'm sure you did just great :-D Let your initial confidence take over for a while. Just remember that while we're all kind of freaking out now, at the time we took the test, most of us walked out thinking "hey, that wasn't SO bad."

I mean, that's kind of the vibe I'm getting from most people who've posted so far.

I actually don't remember anything about the test except the emerald and the borne-haber passages

Yes, the emerald passage. I HATE IT FOREVER AND EVER.

I loved that passage :D I just took advanced inorganic chem last semester and we did a bunch of stuff with emerald lattice structures, so i was happy.

Don't remember the emerald passage ... maybe it wasn't on my exam, or maybe I repressed any memory of it. :D

I usually have pretty crazy dreams about whatever is on my mind. So I was pretty surprised that I hadn't had any weirdo MCAT dreams. I finally had one the night before last but it wasn't that crazy. It just freaked me out. I got a 20 and in my dream I couldn't figure out if that was a good score or not. I couldn't remember for some reason, so I wasn't sure if I should be happy or what. lol.

Anyway, I'm pretty nervous, and I sorta don't want to know what I got. At the same time I can't wait for this to be over with so I can reschedule if need be.

Good luck guys!!! :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Exi that MCAT Thx screen you made is awesome by the way. I laughed my butt off when I saw that.

*whew* Well, I just crawled through all the posts since I left town on Friday waiting for that first thread that announces scores are out, but it never came. Of course, it would've made more sense to just check Thx directly, but I don't want my scores just staring me in the face with no warning! I'm gonna hear about it here first, then check for what my actual score is.

Alright guys, I've got $20 on scores being out tomorrow! :luck: