The 5/23/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemist0157

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread so I'm starting one for May 23rd.

Before you know it, it will be here!

I'm a third-time taker, and, at the moment, I'm buzzing through the AAMC practice tests.

Members don't see this ad.

:idea: Okay, i am going to go cut the grass to get my mind off of this for atleast an hour. Good luck everyone!

11:04 EST no scores. :(

Yeah, but be prepared for it to really suck for a few weeks first. Last cycle when I scored low it really took the wind out of my sails for the secondaries. I ended up getting interviews anyway, but it definitely could've been reflected in my secondary responses if I wasn't careful.

I know what you mean. I really do. And it's a really good point. There are definitely parts of my application that make me somewhat uncomfortable, depending how ADCOMs decide to view what I've done. There are two ways of viewing almost any accomplishment. And it does take courage to remember "Hey, I AM a viable applicant" in the face of bad news, particularly if you're the introspective type as I can be from time to time. Kudos to you for your strength.

I'm sure there are going to be plenty of times in medical school where I feel like I might be in for more than I bargained for. The actual act of picking yourself up afterwards and moving on, arguably makes you a better person and says "I can handle a challenge".

Unless you make a 6J. In which case, that says something different entirely.

Members don't see this ad :)
So when do you suppose these scores will finally be released?

My guess is it won't be until after 3:00 EST or so since that's when the other scores came out for other exams. I think I won't start getting really nervous until then.

Of course, the website says it could be as long as 3 days after the listed release date. In that case, we'd have 4 more days. I don't think I could take that.

My guess is it won't be until after 3:00 EST or so since that's when the other scores came out for other exams. I think I won't start getting really nervous until then.

Of course, the website says it could be as long as 3 days after the listed release date. In that case, we'd have 4 more days. I don't think I could take that.

I dont think i could do 3 more days of these

Members don't see this ad :)
mwa ha ha. i just realized how awesome it is to be on the west coast. while all you east coasters are neurotically checking the site at 8am, 9am, 10am, most west coasters are soundly sleeping at 5am, 6am, 7am. pretty awesome to be on the west coast. its likely that when you wake up the scores are already posted!

They're probably at lunch right now.....few more hours left...we can do this! :thumbup::thumbup:

yeah, at lunch laughing and making jokes about the premeds that took the test. they r probably reading this thread and seeing us suffer. :mad:

Every time I refresh the page I think to myself "You have no scores yet. We have your scores, but you, most certainly, do NOT have your scores yet."

Okay so I know I promised not to check until my lunch break - but haunting SDN isn't the same as actually checking right?

I swear I'm getting an ulcer. That peptic acid is going straight through that poor little epithelial lining.

i read the past couple of pages and now i have to pee

and i dont even get my scores today...

One of these days, a comp. sci. major will hack into the aamc database to retrieve their scores. Then, the aamc will regret making us wait. :p

Y'know, I'm not sure what I'd do with all my nervous energy if it weren't for this forum. This is the only place where everyone knows exactly what I'm going through. My girlfriend/family/friends are all supportive, but they can't really appreciate just what all this is making my stomach do. I'm glad I have some place to be completely neurotic without annoying the hell out of them.

Wow, I'm checking this forum obsessively, and I'm not even a 5/23er. :eek:

I'm 5/27 hoping to live vicariously through all of the amazing scores I know you all are going to get. :D Good luck everyone!!

Y'know, I'm not sure what I'd do with all my nervous energy if it weren't for this forum. This is the only place where everyone knows exactly what I'm going through. My girlfriend/family/friends are all supportive, but they can't really appreciate just what all this is making my stomach do. I'm glad I have some place to be completely neurotic without annoying the hell out of them.

I completely agree!!!!! :hardy:

Not sure if you'll thank me or curse me, but this says that the tentative release for the 5/23 scores is after 5PM Eastern on 6/24.

H-hour in T-26.5. I'm holding my breath with you guys.

Good Luck Guys! On april 19th test it came around 5 est the day before the tentative date, but i was sleeping and got mad when people kept calling me disturbing my slumber to ask how i did so i silenced all their calls (i didnt realize they would have come out yet due to the time diff) so i got it a few hours later

Not sure if you'll thank me or curse me, but this says that the tentative release for the 5/23 scores is after 5PM Eastern on 6/24.

This year the actual release dates have been a day before what they "tentatively" scheduled...

Yeah, we all knew that already. However, the other MCAT threads have been receiving their scores at least a day early. We're all hoping that our MCAT series follows suit.

Fingers crossed. :luck:

Me three it seems.

Yeah, we all knew that already. However, the other MCAT threads have been receiving their scores at least a day early. We're all hoping that our MCAT series follows suit.

Fingers crossed. :luck:

Oh, I haven't been reading the other threads...my bad. Guess AAMC wanted to buy themselves an extra day to prevent a pre-med uprising.

jumping on the bandwagon with the other non 5/23-ers who are incessantly checking this thread.

i'll just look at it as practicing my page-refreshing skills for next monday :laugh:

OH and of course....BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!

So last night, at like 4 in the morning, I woke up from a dream. I didn't think I'd actually dream about my MCAT score but I think I just psyched myself into it with this thread. I almost went to my computer to post about it but I fell back asleep to fast. Anyway in my dream, for some reason my MCAT score was broken into the three sections, and then each section was broken down into like, 4 or 5 smaller sections, the sum of which gave you your score out of 15 (don't know quite where I got that from).

Anyway, I looked at the 3 sections one at a time.

PS: 15
BS (second not third, for some reason): 15
VR: 3

... lol. I wonder how schools would react to a 15 15 3.

I am a 5/27er but just wanted to let you know I am checking this forum obsessively with you. I believe I am just as nervous about your scores as I am about mine! Good luck guys and I guess I'll keep waiting for my heart attack in a few days!

So last night, at like 4 in the morning, I woke up from a dream. I didn't think I'd actually dream about my MCAT score but I think I just psyched myself into it with this thread. I almost went to my computer to post about it but I fell back asleep to fast. Anyway in my dream, for some reason my MCAT score was broken into the three sections, and then each section was broken down into like, 4 or 5 smaller sections, the sum of which gave you your score out of 15 (don't know quite where I got that from).

Anyway, I looked at the 3 sections one at a time.

PS: 15
BS (second not third, for some reason): 15
VR: 3

... lol. I wonder how schools would react to a 15 15 3.

Meh, just tell them you're narcoleptic and you fell asleep during VR ;).

Okay i am leaving my computer for the next hour. Hopefully scores are posted soon. Although this nervousness is making me not want to know.