The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Started in 2014. Never paid too much attention until this June when switched from CYC to Payflex. Before money was divided between large, small international funds. When switched to Payflex, put everything in S&P 500 and returns has been amazing. Hopefully will not need this until 65 other than few minor hiccups.

1598822427170.png

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone here will buy more Apple or Tesla after the split...

End of August update. I know there is one more day but I won't be able to update on Monday.

JPM: @wagrxm2000 +$28.75
NVDA: @Sine Cura +$239.22
BA: @lane one -$21.50
MELI: @PharmDBro2017 +$221.55
SQ: @msweph +$282.40
T: @redfish955 -$7.43
LULU: @owlegrad +$193.48
PLNT: @mentos +$81.85
WMT: @PharmDminus +$61.07
AZN: @WVUPharm2007 -$21.59
ROST: @Momus +$112.32

Cash reserve: $541.73
Original fund: $11,000.00
Current total: $12,185.68

S&P 500 up 9.36%
DOW up 7.36%
NASDAQ up 11.8%
SDN up 10.77%

Not bad after 1.5 months. Beating everything but the NASDAQ which no one compares their funds to it anyways.

I'm going to let @howard8 have my position in JP Morgan if he wants to give me a stock.

Also Tesla will be up for grabs Monday

As always trades aren't required but can be done at any time.

Ok I'm going to buy NIO at the open. Hopefully this is the end of its fall or it will destroy the fund

I'm going to sell half of JP Morgan and use up the cash reserve.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok I'm going to buy NIO at the open. Hopefully this is the end of its fall or it will destroy the fund

I'm going to sell half of JP Morgan and use up the cash reserve.

Should fall to around $17 today. They diluted 88mil shares for $17. No takers for 75mil shares at $18.50. Not a good sign.

Should fall to around $17 today. They diluted 88mil shares for $17. No takers for 75mil shares at $18.50. Not a good sign.

That's the thing with these high flying stocks. There really isn't any floor except back down in the 15s

I said I'd buy NIO at $10 and I would have. Am I disappointed I didn't get in? Sure but there are a lot of stocks I say that about too.

I would much rather wait a few more days for it to settle but it's not my position

The feds announced they will not raise rates to combat inflation a few months back. Expect a long period of inflation.

TSLA is down 80% buy buy buy!

Jk.

Another 10% day for Tesla? Why not. Obviously the split probably is largely to blame for this but quite a day for no new innovation or business success

Bought 10 Teslas at $480 and 100 NIOs at $18.49..

Members don't see this ad :)
Any reason you waited for the today's highs?

Nope just a coincidence. The way I see it, if NIO reaches $100 and Tesla $2000, it wouldn’t matter much if you bought it at $17 vs $18.5 or $444 vs $480.

Nope just a coincidence. The way I see it, if NIO reaches $100 and Tesla $2000, it wouldn’t matter much if you bought it at $17 vs $18.5 or $444 vs $480.
Tesla $2000 soon? That's so out of touch of reality. You are expecting Musk to be 2x richer than Bezos at 400B networth? Market cap at 1.8T close to Apple? P/E over 4000+?

$20 bet, it won't.

At this point, putting any amount of money in Tesla is pure speculation. It ain't investing no more. It can go down 50% or up 50% on sentiment.

I thought you said Musk was an idiot? I'm so confused. So you think Tesla would have gone to 12,000/share if it didn't split?

Tesla $2000 soon? That's so out of touch of reality. You are expecting Musk to be 2x richer than Bezos at 400B networth? Market cap at 1.8T close to Apple? P/E over 4000+?

$20 bet, it won't.

At this point, putting any amount of money in Tesla is pure speculation. It ain't investing no more. It can go down 50% or up 50% on sentiment.

Oh yes! I know it’s a pure gambling. I am prepared to loose it all. Today’s investment of $6k+ can very well worth $1k next year.

What I am saying is, if you wanna buy these stocks there is no point in waiting for it to go down further.

I thought you said Musk was an idiot? I'm so confused. So you think Tesla would have gone to 12,000/share if it didn't split?

Tesla has a momentum right now. So, who knows what highs/ lows it will reach.

It’s sort of like a bitcoin version of stock. Its value lies on speculations rather than actual financials. Sort of like current stock market!

When will this “contest” end?

I am 1.5 months behind everyone else

You aren't competing against each other.

It's competing against the market.

11k fund of 12 stocks vs the big indexes

If it does well I'm going to increase it next year with a fresh start

For those that trade in your Roth IRA, do you withdraw your contributions or leave everything in there for retirement?

For those that trade in your Roth IRA, do you withdraw your contributions or leave everything in there for retirement?
Leave it and let it compound. $6k/yr isn't all that much so it takes a while to build up (unless you can do the Mega Backdoor Roth). But having an account where you can trade stocks completely tax free is a great benefit. I would just spend my salary, or sell something in taxable before touching my Roth.

Wot m8 Zoom just hit $400 today and up > 23% after hours post-earnings

Missed that boat along with Salesforce and Workday.... Etsy earnings... time to jump on the Docusign train!

Wot m8 Zoom just hit $400 today and up > 23% after hours post-earnings

Missed that boat along with Salesforce and Workday.... Etsy earnings... time to jump on the Docusign train!

Wow what is causing all these after hours gains? KODK blowing up too.

Nothing makes sense anymore. TSLA still gaining 10%+ everyday.

Be very careful everyone, none of this makes any sense. Have stop losses in place.

Be very careful everyone, none of this makes any sense. Have stop losses in place.

You know something is wrong when first time investors are crushing the market. So many noobs thought APPL and TSLA crashed over the weekend.

Are index funds a thing of the past? Seems like owning the top 3-4 tech stocks will give you way higher returns.

Another stock to watch out for is Fastly..

Remember the name.

Another stock to watch out for is Fastly..

Remember the name.
Fastly is actually a good example of what could happen at any point.

It went from a high of 117 to under 80. It's rebounded back to 92 so far. How many would be able to stomach that fall and even buy more?

Would be impressed if you told me this 3 months ago

I actually did when Wagrxm was asking for the stock picks for his competition..

Still not too late though. I reckon it will double in a year.

I actually did when Wagrxm was asking for the stock picks for his competition..

Still not too late though. I reckon it will double in a year.

It's only up about 5% since then.

At this point any tech company is going to the moon.

Will be curious if tiktok being sold will be a sell the news event or shoot up even more.

Are index funds a thing of the past? Seems like owning the top 3-4 tech stocks will give you way higher returns.
It seems like it right now. I am big on tech ETF. I am making a 10+ yrs bet.

Is anyone as curious as me to know how much @babybull has lost this year?

His "technical analysis" charts must be exploding right now.

I'm the worst investor here and I'm up this year.

TSLA just diluted shares too.

Huge Tesla sale, 5% off

Did he bet against the market?

He was obsessed with shorting stocks. There's no way he could resist.

Remember the image he posted that showed he was in the red still?

Looks like you jinxed Tesla.

Would you mind buying some Microsoft?

Bought some Apple today.. I am done with individual stocks for now. NIO, Apple, and Tesla. Might buy 10 shares of Fastly if it goes below 80 but I doubt it.

Microsoft is bit too high for me right now; excellent stock though.

Bought some Apple today.. I am done with individual stocks for now. NIO, Apple, and Tesla. Might buy 10 shares of Fastly if it goes below 80 but I doubt it.

Microsoft is bit too high for me right now; excellent stock though.

Microsoft is too high but the others aren't?

Come on, I want back in Microsoft.